That Whitehill merchant guy

What is he up to? Was he the one to get loads of gold from Lord Whitehill? Is he really just a greedy businessman wanting Mira to join him in an Ironwood cartel and get filthy rich? Is he in anyway related to Coalboy?

Comments

• He has a certain "Littlefingery" smell about him...

• Eh at least he's upfront about it.

• If he is a little littlefinger (lol) he might try to get Mira's house eradicated while he marries Mira and reclaims Ironrath in her name.

ninoobz posted: »

He has a certain "Littlefingery" smell about him...

• I agree. Very fishy

• Yeah, only difference is that this guy is probably more to just being rich rather than being "the king of the ashes". :D

• I just don't understand why would a rich merchant as himself, with a clearly good nose for trade, strike a deal with the Forresters when the house he is working for at the moment has the higher ground, is richer, and basically lords over the Forresters. It's wouldn't be profitable at all, and he would risk his head for absolutely nothing in return.

So yeah. He would risk blowing his deal with the Whitehills to tango with a weaker and poorer house? Nah, the guy's up to something

• By what he told me, he just wants to get rich behind the Whitehills' back. He doesn't know how stuff wil end, and making a deal with the one other smart person that can sell Ironwood (cause all the Whitehills till now were kind of dumb) is quite intelligent. They can act like OPEC countries and control the price of Ironwood together, instead of competing with each other. This guy wants a big ol' cartel

Endrik posted: »

I just don't understand why would a rich merchant as himself, with a clearly good nose for trade, strike a deal with the Forresters when the

• I think he's just looking to undermine Mira. Whitehill is sending large amounts of money to King's Landing. I think he is Whitehill's agent and probably the one that sent the assassin after Mira.

At the Purple Wedding he's just trying to guide Mira into sabotaging a deal that would see her house profit from the Ironwood.

• yeah but if you want to upgrade your position in this society you probably need some land so you're a peer for the other lords.

Yeah, only difference is that this guy is probably more to just being rich rather than being "the king of the ashes".

• edited March 2015

Can someone confirm his role for me? He isn't actually a Whitehill right? Just a merchant hired by Whitehill and now looking to Mira for a better deal over the Ironwood? At least at face value? In ep. 2 he is the middle man that sets up deals and the fat guy standing next to him was actually a Whitehill that he was hired by?

• Yea, I think he was just a middle man who jumped in on the deal with the Whitehills. I'm inclined to believe he would back the Forresters just because he's not stupid and probably knows just as well as Ethan did that the Whitehills will decimate the Ironwood forests and then everyone will be sol.

DoubleJump posted: »

Can someone confirm his role for me? He isn't actually a Whitehill right? Just a merchant hired by Whitehill and now looking to Mira for a b

Sign in to comment in this discussion.