Asher

What are your general thoughts on Asher and his segments? When compared to the other playable characters? Is he what you expected him to be? What's up with him and Beskha?

Personally, I find it odd that his segments are so short and few compared to the others. I really can't figure out a reason for it. Also, I was expecting more of a rough look/personality for him? Asher is....kind of adorable, really. He keeps getting this puppy eyed expression that makes me laugh.

Comments

• I think we need more Asher, that´s what I think. He´s barely gotten screentime compared to the others.

• I've been really disappointed that, in two episodes now, he hasn't had a major role. He had great intros, but then we spend so much time away from him I completely forget he's in the game at all. It seems that his story is about to get really good, but I won't lie when I say I'm disappointed in how little he's been in the game.

• It would be great if we got more Asher. I wouldn't mind if Rodrik got less screen time so Asher could get more.

• edited March 2015

Yep the more Asher the better. With all the clamoring on about Asher on this website after ep. 1, I thought he would be nothing, but a brute. Now I believe he is more of the roguish type (who can't help but get into scruffs) and Beskha is the brute. I think that's a good combo for the beginning of leading an army.

• edited March 2015

It's a little strange, though. From what we heard, Asher had kind of a legendary temper that I think would be an interesting part of his character. Have there been dialogue options that explore that at all? Because so far they seem to all be different flavors of charming rogue.

I guess he's pretty brutal in the fight with Tazal, even if you choose to spare him. But it's also plausible that he's just calmed the heck down during his time in exile. Grew up a little.

DoubleJump posted: »

Yep the more Asher the better. With all the clamoring on about Asher on this website after ep. 1, I thought he would be nothing, but a brute

• We need more of that Asher grin.

Alt text

• Agreed. The stories about him make it seemed as much, but I guess the point of it was that he is able to get shit done and that's what were doing with him right now.

Rynna posted: »

It's a little strange, though. From what we heard, Asher had kind of a legendary temper that I think would be an interesting part of his cha

• edited March 2015

I would say Gared. I like Gared, but I don't think his story is any more compelling or important than Asher's right now. They're both far away and working on gathering a resource that we see no signs of coming together yet. Considering nobody knows what Gared's after but they're expecting Asher with an army, I'd think we'd get more time with Asher to see him build up said army.

DiverseGnu posted: »

It would be great if we got more Asher. I wouldn't mind if Rodrik got less screen time so Asher could get more.

• I like Asher a lot, don't know why Telltale keeps limiting him to about 10 mins of screen time

• Asher is pretty awesome. But the way they made him sound was "Volatile and always angry" and honestly he just seems like a rouge. I was upset that he only got like 15 minutes of screen time. I wonder what his relationship with Khahleesi might be like.

• I like Asher, some of his lines give me a chuckle. He wasn't what I expected, he's a lot better. I was expecting some thug who was meant to be ''interesting'' by how much all his lines are dumb and threatening (Like a very watered down, stupid Trevor from GTA, who I did not find amusing) I have no idea how I got that initial impression.

Maybe they're 'saving' his screen time until the later episodes? He'll have to play a huuuge part in bringing the army over, so perhaps Telltale don't want to use too much of him so it still feels balanced between protagonists?

• I just think we just have not seen Asher angry yet. In episode 2 Beskha even makes a jab at the slave trader they have that he should see Asher when he is angry. I am thinking that in a future Episode something will happen that truly gets Asher angry and then we will see the S**t hit the fan. At least I am hoping.

• edited March 2015

I RP him as being a bit of a psycho, and with the correct dialogue options you can do it pretty well. At the start of Episode 3, for example, Malcolm criticizes Asher for killing Tazal, and you can have him reply with something like "he had an ugly neck and it deserved to get stamped on." It's all down to player choice.

Rynna posted: »

It's a little strange, though. From what we heard, Asher had kind of a legendary temper that I think would be an interesting part of his cha

• I like Asher, too. But I think it makes sense for now to have him less for the sake of the overall story. The writers did a phenomenal job of showing so much content in what seems the span of one day. I guess Asher will come more into play later when things come to a certain point of halt and wait in Westeros. Then we have to move more with Gared and Asher to drive the story forward, perhaps next episode. I can imagine we'll play Talia, Asher and Gared in episode 4.

As for the way he acts - Asher was portrayed as a volatile hothead, and that's how we started out playin him. But he did mention right away in the beginning of episode 2 how much he missed his family, which implies that he had time to think and knows he'll have to change for the sake of house Forrester. Also the influence of his uncle and his trust in Asher to lead an army will make Asher more coolheaded. It really depends on how you play him. If you LIKE him volatile, dangerous and a bit reckless then you can do it. The option is certainly open. :) In my game Asher became more responsible than Roderick. But damn, Gryff is such an ass, I just can't help myself :)

• Maybe Asher has less screen time, because his storyline is so isolated from the other characters. Daenerys' narrative only works in the show because it is engaging enough on it's own to survive despite being only spuriously connected with all the interwoven storylines in Westeros.

• See this is where I think you would see the difference. Asher would tare Gryff apart.

VicMasina posted: »

I like Asher, too. But I think it makes sense for now to have him less for the sake of the overall story. The writers did a phenomenal job o

• Well Asher's got it now. I think. In the last scene of ep. .3 he approached Danaerys, so that would be the next part
    with him and i doubt TT wouldn't make that a major part of ep. 4. I can imagine him sailing to Westeros in "next time" of the next episode -
    there's still long way to walk to Ironrath.

I personally loved playing Asher in the latest episode. But i agree with all of you: He needs more screentime!

• We need more screentime for everyone as far as I'm concerned.

• I don't need anymore naked fat men in my life.

Daniel354 posted: »

We need more screentime for everyone as far as I'm concerned.

• My Rodderick almost did. I hope his defiance won't get anybody killed. I'm scared. I'm gonna have to take diazepam before playing episode 4 or I'll have a heart attack 0.0

unseenclass posted: »

See this is where I think you would see the difference. Asher would tare Gryff apart.

• Asher's great. Needs more screen time and more dialogue overall, and I **know **I'm going to need Mira to help my House. Because, if it really comes down to between my House and Beskha, I'm gonna choose for the latter.

I believe Beskha is lesbian or pretty much bisexual. She hinted as much that she likes whores the first time we meet her. But I am absolutely in love with her and Asher's friendship. They are fantastic brothers-in-arms, and she's incredibly loyal, and I'm planning to do the same. Either we ride together or die together.. Bad boys for life!

• ^ this. So much ^ this.
    I love Beskha she's great, and(in my playthrough) she's more family than my actual family.(I still like Malcolm though)

Asher's great. Needs more screen time and more dialogue overall, and I **know **I'm going to need Mira to help my House. Because, if it real

• Asher's adorable in a golden retriever kind of way. I mean, just look at his puppy smile.

Alt text

• Alt text

Pride posted: »

Asher's adorable in a golden retriever kind of way. I mean, just look at his puppy smile.

• I think Asher is awesome. His story doesn't feel intense. It is more like an adventure and a breather story, which in my opinion is very much needed considering the intensity of Rodrik's and Mira's story.

I also think his segments are rather short, because Asher's story doesn't need that much screentime to have built-ups. Basically, what Asher has been doing so far it is him traveling with Beshka and Malcom. I hope that will change in episode 4.

I mostly play Asher as a man who has matured since his exile. He is more calmer and less angry. He still cares about his family. I still have him being ruthless to enemies, I didn't waste a second to break Tezzal's throat

• Asher needs more screentime, but I wouldn't forsake the screentime of Rodrik (who I perceive as possibly the most important POV) or Gared for that. I'd rather they just extend the length of the episode, though I doubt that would happen.

I think Asher's story is so straight forward compared to the others that he doesn't need much screen time to do what he has to do, but it looks like things will get a little more complex around episode 4.

• His hair deserves an award.

• Asher definitely needs more screentime, but I think the thing is that his story isn't as big or have multiple things that needs to be addressed unlike the other POV characters, therefore he hasn't had a lot. I figure that maybe from Episode 4 onwards we'll hopefully see him more, considering this seems to be where his story is branching out.

As for what I think of him, I think he's great. At first I was kinda worried he would just be a straight up d-bag but his set personality (with how we play him set aside) is really cool.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.