Do not trust Cotter.

His loyalty obviously lies with the Wildlings [or maybe even with himself]. If the Wildlings are to march towards the Wall soon, Cotter may want to find the North Grove with Gared's help so that he can use it for his people's advantage later, maybe move up a few ranks within them.

He figures, if whatever the North Grove possesses is strong enough to keep Gared's house from ruin, it may be used for the free folk's cause instead,gaining him Mance's favor in the process. And so he betrays Gared when they get there using his map.

Comments

• edited March 2015

He's obviously going to betray Gared. After revealing he's a Wildling, Gared can ask him why he wants to find the Grove and all he says is "I have my reasons." Yeah, not suspicious at all, Mr. Potato Fucker.

• I'm always selling him out but he never gets caught.

I do't trust him either.

• i'm the only one who trust him?, i dont think he is trying to betray me '-'

• If I'm honest, I sort of trust him.

But I can imagine why he'd want to find the Grove- whatever is there, he must think he and the Wildlings can use it to take down the Wall.

• I didnt trust him since I met him. You cant trust the thief. Thats why I snitched on him with the knife.
    Finn is not a bad guy at all. A bully but easy to deal with and wont betray.

• I trust him too buddy. I think we can always play it smart. If that doesn't work out i'm sure we can find a way to kill him. Plus hes the only one who really knows where the grove is and has been our day one. Also i hope we can persuade our other buddy to come with us,though he totally freaked on me killing whats his face.

Paarthurnax posted: »

i'm the only one who trust him?, i dont think he is trying to betray me '-'

• When he asked whether I could still be friends with him, I gave him the answer that said of course, we're brothers. Didn't want him to think I was suspicious,
    But in reality I'm suspicious as hell and I don't trust the wilding potato fucker at all.
    Especially when he snitches stuff from his own friend? Yeaaaahh all that solid foundation of trust is right there.

• I trust him.....

• edited March 2015

I don't trust him. Like, not a single bit.

I think he will help Gared find the North Grove. And then he'll drive his sword through his abdomen to use whatever the North Grove holds as an advantage against the Night's Watch.

As soon as I get the chance, I'll feed him to the Ice Dragon.

• I trust that he wants to find the north grove more than anything but he will intend to kill Gared. It's unavoidable. A great question would be if Finn finally decides to help their brothers or he keeps his vows and goes hunting his olds comrades.

• He already lied to my face 2 times... First with his story.. and then when I told him to never ever steal again. He promised and then stole the map. Lying weasel, I don't trust him at all. He will backstab Gared the first time he can.

• I trust him, just not that much. If he shows any signs that I don't like when we're around the North Grove, I'm ditching his ass the first chance we get.

• I didn't trust that creep the second I saw him. Potato fucker

• Hopefully if he helps us to the grove we will have the chance to stab him in the back before he does us. I see it as we have an alliance until we reach the grove then it is every man for himself. We both have are own reasons for wanting to go there.

• He's willing enough to escape and guide you later,you're not going anywhere if the character is totally distrustful as you,and who would you trust then? that insecure rat Finn?

• Im taking finn with me i just hope hes willing and ready to come along.

• In the show the wildlings want get to the other side of the wall for protection...

If I'm honest, I sort of trust him. But I can imagine why he'd want to find the Grove- whatever is there, he must think he and the Wildlings can use it to take down the Wall.

• Well, haters gonna hate. Cotter's gonna potate.

Clemenem posted: »

I didn't trust that creep the second I saw him. Potato fucker

• but he wants to go back to his people and it's obvious he's desperate to do this. He's loyalties don't lie with the wall therefore not with his brothers.

Paarthurnax posted: »

i'm the only one who trust him?, i dont think he is trying to betray me '-'

Sign in to comment in this discussion.