Did you burn the Tyrion's letter letting house Forrester sell Ironwood?

Personally, I burnt the letter. It was a quick decision on my part, but it felt right. Any form of an alliance with Tyrion would only bite me now that he's imprisoned. It may also help with the relationship with Lady Margaery, since that it is pretty weak atm!
What did you do?

Comments

• I don't really care about Margeary much. If she releases Mira, tough luck. If not, good. All is well as long as I get the coin for selling ironwood. The trouble at home is way more important than all that stupid bickering in King's Landing.

• So you kept the letter, or burnt it?

I don't really care about Margeary much. If she releases Mira, tough luck. If not, good. All is well as long as I get the coin for selling ironwood. The trouble at home is way more important than all that stupid bickering in King's Landing.

• I kept it of course.

unless I made a huge misunderstanding and it would not actually be helpful for my family in the end...then I would be like "Damnit"

LeeJames posted: »

So you kept the letter, or burnt it?

• i kept it, for some reason it felt like the right thing to do.

• I kept it, but I'm not sure if it was the right decision.

• I was tempted to keep it... Think it will benefit you in the end?

Jeeny_Frank posted: »

i kept it, for some reason it felt like the right thing to do.

• I burnt it, the risk outweighs the potential reward

• I burnt it, figuring it would come and bite House Forrester in the butt somehow if I kept it, and to keep on Margaery-senpai's good side.

• I knew something was too good about the decree.. Plus, doesn't look like they have an ironwood forest to sell anymore

I kept it, but I'm not sure if it was the right decision.

• What you reckon worse case scenario was if you kept it?

I burnt it, the risk outweighs the potential reward

• That's what I thought..

I burnt it, figuring it would come and bite House Forrester in the butt somehow if I kept it, and to keep on Margaery-senpai's good side.

• Burnt it. I felt like I wouldn't need to have anything linking me to Tyrion anymore.

• Cersei could find out and Mira is already on her shit list for talking to Tyrion, someone else could find out, like Sera, and blackmail Mira. It's better to burn the letter and devise other ways to help, like selling the ironwood with Lord Morgryn.

What you reckon worse case scenario was if you kept it?

• Didn't he totally disregard an alliance unless you could find the letter?

Cersei could find out and Mira is already on her shit list for talking to Tyrion, someone else could find out, like Sera, and blackmail Mira. It's better to burn the letter and devise other ways to help, like selling the ironwood with Lord Morgryn.

• I kept it. If there is a chance I can use it to screw the Whitehills with it I want it. I got the feeling there is something Morgryn can do with it from our conversation.

• Morgryn wants nothing to do with that decree

I kept it. If there is a chance I can use it to screw the Whitehills with it I want it. I got the feeling there is something Morgryn can do with it from our conversation.

• edited March 2015

He said if it was signed that would be cool and if it is not we can forge a signature.

Morgryn wants nothing to do with that decree

• I think finding the letter is a scripted event

Didn't he totally disregard an alliance unless you could find the letter?

• I burnt it. I thought maybe the guy who wanted to make a deal with me would want to see it as proof that I cut ties with Tyrion (best case scenario in my mind) but I also thought that if he later decided to keep it then he would have something to hold against me. My lack of persecution should be enough to know that I got the letter in time. Considering Mira is on both Margeary and Cersei's shit list as well as having a muderer/hanging around Tyrion's office on her hands, I didn't think she needed an extra piece of evidence.

• Well it could either go two ways: that letter could save house Forrester somehow or it could lead to a big disaster thats going to make house Forrester in even more danger so yeah i hope it benefits in the end or else we wouldn't of had the choice to keep it or burn it in the first place.

I was tempted to keep it... Think it will benefit you in the end?

• I really feel like keeping the letter will work in the benefit of House Forrester, but not for Mira. It's basically sacrificing your own safety for the survival of your house. I kept the letter, but I'm really afraid of the consequences for Mira.

• Mira risked her life to get that shit, of course I didn't burn it.

• Yes, but wouldn't you have to provide the letter to keep the alliance? I.e. Not burning it

I think finding the letter is a scripted event

• There's a reason you were given the choice

• I would feel bad for her.... But she isn't real

SoMuchSass posted: »

Mira risked her life to get that shit, of course I didn't burn it.

• I burnt it, why would it keep it? It includes signature of a man who murdered the king.

• Not really, I think the knowledge that the letter is destroyed and won't be found will be enough

Yes, but wouldn't you have to provide the letter to keep the alliance? I.e. Not burning it

• Same. Very quick decision.

My thought process: "WHY WOULD I BURN IT, I need it don't I?- ....Oh wait....Tyrion....plus that guy who wants the letter seems like trouble..."

• With no evidence? Only Mira's word? An abandoned handmaiden with no allies?

Not really, I think the knowledge that the letter is destroyed and won't be found will be enough

• Yeah... Exactly my thoughts

ChocoHallic posted: »

Same. Very quick decision. My thought process: "WHY WOULD I BURN IT, I need it don't I?- ....Oh wait....Tyrion....plus that guy who wants the letter seems like trouble..."

• I kept it. As I thought a signed letter by him might come in handy later on, if he gets out and tries anything.

• I kept it, it could probably prove useful in the future.

• "Murdered"

fallandir posted: »

I burnt it, why would it keep it? It includes signature of a man who murdered the king.

• I kept it too, in the right person's hand it will be useful.

• Time is key here; if a few days go by and Cersei hasn't arrested her then it's obviously been taken care of. I am confident in Cersei's ability to spearhead one damn efficient witch-hunt.

With no evidence? Only Mira's word? An abandoned handmaiden with no allies?

• "King"

"Murdered"

• I kept it. I don't trust Morgryn.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited March 2015

Nope, I don't think they have any reason to search lady Mira as long as I manage not to be suspected for murdering that Lannister bitch.

• I burned it.Tyrion's heading to Pentos with the help of Varys anyway.. Oops

• There's is that guard on Mira's tail

AWESOMEO posted: »

Nope, I don't think they have any reason to search lady Mira as long as I manage not to be suspected for murdering that Lannister bitch.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.