Elaena breaks the betrothal anyway

From the preview we saw of ep4, where Lady Forrester says we have no allies and it's a shot of Elaena. Do you think this is because she breaks the betrothal because of pressure from the Whitehills or finding out about the letter? I hope that this is simply because they haven't married yet, so therefore the Glenmores can't be counted as allies just yet

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

She shows up like that even if you don't get betrothed to her.

• That's interesting but I don't see why she'd bother if you weren't betrothed to her

dojo32161 posted: »

She shows up like that even if you don't get betrothed to her.

• And I like her.

That backstabbing bitch.

• Alt text

It IS Game of Thrones, after all

• edited March 2015

Oh and also because the whitehills are pretty much destroying a good majority of the ironwood trees, so the Glenmores may no longer see the benefit of having the trees as a dowry for the betrothal

• edited March 2015

She does say to Rodrik that she has to think of her family above how they feel about each other, she won't see the practicality of being allied with the Forresters considering how fucked they are

And I like her. That backstabbing bitch.

• Well what should happen is the bethrothal will depend on other factors. For example Mira and Asher. Elaena made it clear her family are cowards but that doesn't mean she doesn't love rodrick or support the whitehills.

The glennmores will go whatever way the wind appears to be blowing.

• Why would Asher impact the betrothal? I understand Mira because you can change the outcome of the talk with your choices as Mira but Asher's choices seem to have little to no effect on the others

Well what should happen is the bethrothal will depend on other factors. For example Mira and Asher. Elaena made it clear her family are cowa

• Because she and her family have made it clear they intend to pick the winning side despite whatever attachments they hold to the foresters. For that reason I don't think it's fair to expect them to come riding on any sort of white horse but if Asher and Mira do whats expected of them and the Foresters have a realistic shot of displacing the Whitehills/Boltons they will continue their support.

Why would Asher impact the betrothal? I understand Mira because you can change the outcome of the talk with your choices as Mira but Asher's choices seem to have little to no effect on the others

• edited March 2015

I forged the letter so she isn't getting any of my ironwood

Oh and also because the whitehills are pretty much destroying a good majority of the ironwood trees, so the Glenmores may no longer see the benefit of having the trees as a dowry for the betrothal

• Maybe it's the opposite and we do get the betrothel no matter what.

That's interesting but I don't see why she'd bother if you weren't betrothed to her

• To be honest, I wouldn't be even surprised. It's not like choices mattered so far.

• I have a feeling that's what the meeting at Highpoint is. Elaena is being betrothed to one of Lord Whitehill's sons, so any chance we had of securing her army will be gone.

• Don't be like that Pipas

Pipas posted: »

To be honest, I wouldn't be even surprised. It's not like choices mattered so far.

• I actually wouldn't mind if she breaks the betrothal. I've been having huge second thoughts about giving up half the ironwood, when so much of it has been damaged already. If she breaks the betrothal then it means that it might still be possible to get the "best" possible ending even without sacrificing the ironwood.

• edited March 2015

Plot twist: Lord Whitehill has arranged her marriage to Gryff Whitehill in Rodrik's house.

edit: I see I am not the first person to think of this. Wizard status up there ^^

Sign in to comment in this discussion.