I can't stand Margaery!

Why is she so hard to please? Maybe I'm just making bad choices but almost everything I've done has pissed her off one way or another. At the beginning of the game I tried my best to stay loyal to her but then I noticed how difficult it is to keep her happy so I just stopped trying. Can't she understand that Mira is only trying to do what's best for her family? I had to resort to forging the stupid letter in the second episode all because she got mad at Mira and refused to help her again, even though she's basically the Queen.

She makes me insane. I don't remember her being so difficult in the show or books. I understand she wants to keep her reputation and all that, but hating me and wanting to replace me for caring about my family and not being her slave 100% of the time? Come on.

Does anyone else feel this way? And has anyone actually managed to make her content? Because I haven't.

Comments

• She is so hard too please, because there's such thing as a plot device. Bad choices? Then try to make "good choices" and you will end up the same way.

• edited March 2015

I can't stand Margaery!

Get in line , bro .

• Complete head case. I have also given up on trying to get her on my side.

• She's there to remind us that house Forrester is of little meaning to those in real power. Like every other contender for the Iron Throne, Margaery is just concerned with her own family's advancement. When you're a handmaiden, your concerns are just considered of less importance.

• Doesn't matter what she thinks since she'll never be Queen. Just do what you need to preserve your family. Even if you have to sell your soul to Cersei.

• edited March 2015

Alt text

Finally your first discussion since you joined Rach and an awesome one I'm bumping :P

• She just doesnt care about Mira or her problems which is fair enough, why should she?

• She had to marry Joffery so I am trying to give her a break but if we don't have a house we won't be a handmaiden for long.

• And such beautiful mariage they had...

She had to marry Joffery so I am trying to give her a break but if we don't have a house we won't be a handmaiden for long.

• I liked her at first. In epsiode 1 & 2 I tried to please here, in episode 3 it went a bit pear shaped and now she hates me lol. A shame but I can live with it. Though i'm trying to really annoy Cerci at the moment.

• Well I probably meta game at some point. It's obvious to everyone involved she just doesn't care about Mira or her problems and just wants an attendant.

I asked her for her help the first time around. Didn't the second time around. Kept the seal and didn't forge the letter, Spoke to Tyrion again anyways and kept the letter.

About the only thing I would change would be asking for her help and speaking to tyrion the second time to see if I can still get the letter from tyrion without margs going loco.

• In episode 1 and 2 I definitely tried to please her, but by the time I was going through Ep. 3 I realized how ridiculous my sacrifices would have to be to stay loyal. For example, I needed that deal with Tyrion so I left Margaery to talk to him about the deal in private. He could have probably helped Mira more than Margaery at that point so I wasn't willing to sacrifice that.

• Cersei may even be harder to please than Margaery xD

The only thing I did that made her happy was in the first episode when I bent the knee. She saw through all my ploys and fake pledges of allegiance to Joffrey. And even in my second playthrough when I stayed loyal to the Forresters she still wasn't satisfied with any of my answers.

Nonoru posted: »

Doesn't matter what she thinks since she'll never be Queen. Just do what you need to preserve your family. Even if you have to sell your soul to Cersei.

• Totally agree. I liked her in episode 1 but after episode 3 I hate her >.>. Im trying to get money that the Forresters desperately need and Margaery has the audacity to threaten to send me back. Forget her...

• She is too cute! How can you hate her:( Those boobs... I mean EYES. EYES. Beautiful eyes.

• edited March 2015

Having a loyal handmaiden in King's Landing "is like finding gold in your chamber pot". Most spy for other houses or carry baggage with them that make them unsuitable for the role. Mira has no connections like that and is the most likely reason why she was picked as Margaery's handmaiden.

What would mean the undying loyalty of House Forrester with ironwood supplies is a small thing for Margaery to do, but she won't get her hands dirty or jeopardize being Queen in any way. Margaery's loss really but I suspect she thinks it's an acceptable loss if she becomes Queen in the end.

She just doesnt care about Mira or her problems which is fair enough, why should she?

• Don't get me wrong, Natalie Dormer is totally gorgeous :P

ata95 posted: »

She is too cute! How can you hate her:( Those boobs... I mean EYES. EYES. Beautiful eyes.

• edited March 2015

Natalie Dormer is totally gorgeous :P

Yes She is :'D

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text
    Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

sry

Don't get me wrong, Natalie Dormer is totally gorgeous :P

• I feel like her turning on you was a bit OOC, though that whole situation felt that way for everyone. Then again, I haven't gotten far in the books so I could be wrong.

• I like her a bit better as a brunette. :x

Markd4547 posted: »

Natalie Dormer is totally gorgeous :P Yes She is :'D sry

• edited March 2015

Challenge accepted :)

looks at gifs of Dormer brunette

Alt text

Ok I cannot post any of them gifs here without a perma ban XD

I like her a bit better as a brunette. :x

• I know it wouldn't fit, given the events of Season Four, but I wish it could go like this:

Margaery: Mira, I don't want you as my handmaiden, but it's too dangerous to send you home. It turns out I will be sending you back to the North, in a way. Lord Tyrion's household recently dismissed their handmaiden and his wife could use another one.

Mira: (whispers) Lady Sansa?

Margaery: I daresay she could use your help more than I can. Be kind to her.

• Like said before, I think this is more to show how insignificant House Forrester is in the big scheme of things and if we want the House to survive, we will need to manage it on our own and not expect every high Lord/Lady to be understanding and help us in our situation.

• I actually feel like she's a little OOC in the game. Of course she's not a selfless angel, but in episode three she was being a major bitch and even if that's how she feels on the inside she's someone who wouldn't let it show.

• Funny thing is, I didn't ask her help in Episode 1, I didn't steal anything, I didn't forge the letter...

And she still says "After all I did for you.." U WHAT ?! Shut up please I didn't ask anything out of you, wanna pout ? Go ahead, I'll find my solutions elsewhere.

Good riddance.

• Not to mention that on the show, at least, her situation seems to be reversed. She seems well aware that it's the Lannisters who need the Tyrells and not the other way around, and can wrap Joffrey around her little finger.

selinahazel posted: »

I actually feel like she's a little OOC in the game. Of course she's not a selfless angel, but in episode three she was being a major bitch and even if that's how she feels on the inside she's someone who wouldn't let it show.

• edited March 2015

We mostly see the Margaery in the show in her "game on" persona, which makes her seem super kind all the time and relatable.

I'd wager we get to see a bit more of her bad side since she's somewhat able to let her guard down when talking to her handmaidens.

Or at the very least, she doesn't have to pretend being super nice all the time with her servants. It must get tiring.

Makes sense that with the wedding so near, she'd be getting increasingly more tense and easily stressed, too.

I can only imagine that she's going to be in a supreme bad mood now that her wedding's been ruined. Poor Mira!

• When it comes down to it, Margeary is smarter, cunning and much more dangerous version of Cersei Lannister.

• edited March 2015

I wish we could have have the option to tell her "sure, go ahead" when she threatened to send Mira home.

• I chose to not speak with him and got the decree all the same. :)

Well I probably meta game at some point. It's obvious to everyone involved she just doesn't care about Mira or her problems and just wants a

• Yeah, not sure why Mira should even care because so far no one in King's Landing has been of any help anyway. And Cersei has a knack for keeping young girls from their "traitor" families, so I doubt she'd allow that.

Nonoru posted: »

I wish we could have have the option to tell her "sure, go ahead" when she threatened to send Mira home.

• I think it's Telltale and how they like to make us regret every decision we'd make in their games, so they made her ungrateful and unpleasable. She's not like that in the show.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.