The maggots are still in Gared's leg

edited March 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Probably isn't very significant but do you think it's possible they could have an impact on the Gared's health later on in the story? The maggots are not shown or mentioned to be removed, there is a chance they could mature into flies inside his leg, and considering this is medieval times it could cause more infection and possibly fatal disease.

Comments

• I read that the maggots only eat dead flesh/skin.

Maybe the maggots died and their corpses magically disappeared?

• only that maggots don't lay eggs. Maggots are a fly's child stage. They only acquire their ability to reproduce once they have matured to flies.

• edited March 2015

Very interesting ! I realized something else, we're never shown any character taking a piss.

What if later on this becomes a problem and their bladder explode ?

... Come on now. We don't need to be shown everything to understand they happen.

• We've actually seen Asher taking a piss (beginning of ep 2)

Byakuren posted: »

Very interesting ! I realized something else, we're never shown any character taking a piss. What if later on this becomes a problem and their bladder explode ? ... Come on now. We don't need to be shown everything to understand they happen.

• Asher took a piss!

Very interesting ! I realized something else, we're never shown any character taking a piss. What if later on this becomes a problem and their bladder explode ? ... Come on now. We don't need to be shown everything to understand they happen.

• And he didn't wash his hands. Then he proceeds to hold Malcom's (helping him get up) who does whatever he does after that.

Miklaus posted: »

We've actually seen Asher taking a piss (beginning of ep 2)

• I am fun at parties, I know.

• Telltale history!

AgentZ46 posted: »

Asher took a piss!

• What about not taking a shit?

Thats gotta hurt...

• The maggots would probably freeze at the Wall.

• Imagine flies bursting out of Gared's leg...

Alt text

only that maggots don't lay eggs. Maggots are a fly's child stage. They only acquire their ability to reproduce once they have matured to flies.

• Maggots eat only a dead skin, and can debride a wound in a day or two, but as far as I know they need to be removed because they got too large and full to stay in the wound (kind like leeches).

Gared walks normally, seems to have no trouble fighting, shooting with crossbow or carrying barrels full of pich around the courtyard, so I think he got rid of the maggots off-screen, before he reached the Wall.

• You don't tell the guilty king what to do, peasant!

• Nobody washes their hands after every time they take a piss, especially at their house.

Nonoru posted: »

And he didn't wash his hands. Then he proceeds to hold Malcom's (helping him get up) who does whatever he does after that.

• No, according to the TC, as long as don't see it, it doesn't happen. We didn't see Asher's manly parts, therefore he doesn't have them.

It was water.

You see, it all makes sense.

not

Miklaus posted: »

We've actually seen Asher taking a piss (beginning of ep 2)

• One would assume that the maester at the Wall tended to that.

• Alt text

No, according to the TC, as long as don't see it, it doesn't happen. We didn't see Asher's manly parts, therefore he doesn't have them. It was water. You see, it all makes sense. not

• I always do.

Nobody washes their hands after every time they take a piss, especially at their house.

• Maester Aemon. I wish we could have seen him ;-;

JakeSt123 posted: »

One would assume that the maester at the Wall tended to that.

• Do you think he gave them all names?

• What? You mean in your game Gared didn't sit down, cut them out and keep the biggest one as a pet? You even get to pick a name! Mine's name is Ser Flobberworth IV.

• No.

I always do.

• If left in a confined space, maggots will eat anything around, including healthy flesh. I'm sure there was off-screen cleaning/re-dressing of his wound.

I read that the maggots only eat dead flesh/skin. Maybe the maggots died and their corpses magically disappeared?

• The guilty king demands that you two fight it out. Now.

Yes.

• You wouldn't? Uh... cough I mean... no... not at all.

• ...But I said no. It just isn't something that people do.

Yes.

• Those poor maggots :( they're just freezing their microscopic butts off while Gared's wound are probably fully healed and they got nothing to eat. Alas this is Game Of Thrones and we should expect death, but dammit Telltale this is heart-breaking.

• And I said yes. I do it.

...But I said no. It just isn't something that people do.

• I do it.

...But I said no. It just isn't something that people do.

• Maggots were one of the best ways to clean wounds, so much so that hospitals are now beginning to use them again to treat burn patients.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.