Why does Gwyn know about...

...Asher's return but not WHY he's coming back?

Shouldn't the traitor know that he's trying to get an army of sellswords? I might be wrong but Rodrik mentions it during the council in the woods, so it's impossible that Lady Forrester was the only one to know the whole situation in Essos.

Comments

• edited March 2015

Interesting suggestion - could mean like others have said that the traitor isn't a traitor at all, but is just feeding information that could later be used to the Forrester's advantage.

I reckon it's Duncan or the Maester to be honest.

• Very good point. That definitely makes me think even more that there isn't a traitor. Unless shes just playing dumb but I doubt it

• Um...wow. I didn't even give this a single thought. Very good point.

But it could be an oversight. I mean, Gwyn still knows about your plan to expel Gryff/save Ryon, and losing that advantage is harmful to the Forresters.

• Duncan has form for doing this sort of thing too I think, acting without his lord's knowledge to get some kind of advantage (he did it with Gared right at the start), plus when you're actually going to meet Gwyn if you say "the whitehills will pay" and basically threaten to totally wipe them out Rains of Castamere style it says that he'll remember that and he sorta looks worried. It seems a little too obvious for it to be Duncan though, the only one I don't really suspect is Royland, that'd be an enormous twist if he somehow turned out to be a traitor...

Um...wow. I didn't even give this a single thought. Very good point. But it could be an oversight. I mean, Gwyn still knows about your plan to expel Gryff/save Ryon, and losing that advantage is harmful to the Forresters.

• I believe Gywn overhears the reports Ludd gets she doesn't actually get to see them (she doesn't know his plans or who the traitor is) she may have overheard "Ashers coming back" and that stuck in her mind

• I am feeling like that the obviousness of the possible traitors makes it all the harder to guess who could be the traitor.

Duncan has form for doing this sort of thing too I think, acting without his lord's knowledge to get some kind of advantage (he did it with

Sign in to comment in this discussion.