"..people who want you alive."

edited March 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Tom said to Mira that he knows people that want to help her, and they
want her alive. About who he was talking about? Its weird, she just a handmaiden form one northen house.
Does you got any suggestions?

Comments

• Tyrion, Varys, Littlefinger, this merchant guy, everyone who sees her as a tool to be used for their own future benefits.

• edited March 2015

Well, one theory is that Tom "coal boy" is one of Varys's "little birds." Not quite sure why Varys would be interested in MIra though. He always looks out for the good of the realm. Of course, that's from his own point of view though and that could mean anything.

• I don't want him alive.

I left him. I've insulted him, I've made him do dangerous shit for me, and this damn kid won't die.

• You monster.

I don't want him alive. I left him. I've insulted him, I've made him do dangerous shit for me, and this damn kid won't die.

• Same. Kid's a damn boomerang.

I don't want him alive. I left him. I've insulted him, I've made him do dangerous shit for me, and this damn kid won't die.

• Lol, you guys are mean.

fallandir posted: »

Same. Kid's a damn boomerang.

• Look what a few days in Kings Landing did to us...

Pipas posted: »

Lol, you guys are mean.

• Only Tom wants Mira alive.

Alt text

• I agree it's weird, i just cannot see any real reason for anyone to actively keep Mira alive. What would they want from her? Im sure they could find others to spy on Margary. Her family doesn't really have anything at all to offer right now, the Whitehills have taken all the wood, there's hardly any food....

the only thing Mira has at her disposal to bargain with is herself. And I can't imagine that the Forresters would be able to offer much in the way of a dowrey for her.

• edited March 2015

A girl who shows great promise in the 'game,' but still young and naive enough to be manipulated.

I can see many reasons people would take an interest in Mira.

• It's honestly because of this line I trust Tom. His goal is to keep me alive, and that's all I need. If I'm dead then it's the end.

• 9 likes?

Et tu, brute?

You monster.

• I ship them.

Sera ships them too.

Poogers555 posted: »

Only Tom wants Mira alive. ...

• What about the Glenmores and the merchant, or someone we might not even suspect wants Mira alive (like a Whitehill - plot Twist if there ever was one)?

Who with enough power do we know that would be better off keeping Mira alive?

• edited March 2015

You know, I've been thinking ...

What if Tom was lying?

What if he has no one backing him at all, if he's just a coal boy who's good at being unnoticed and eavesdropping onto conversations? He just told Mira that he works for people who want her alive so she more easily trusts him. After all, prior to the whole fallout with the Red Wedding, Mira was just a handmaiden - why would Varys or other big players take note of her? He may have some other, personal, reason for helping her out.

And here's the inner-shipper speaking: Maybe he was a secret admirer and just came to help her when he heard her family was in trouble.

• I'm wondering this too. This isn't just him helping her out of the good of his heart - if you treat him horribly he will still help you but he will hate doing it.

Also makes me think there will come a time where Tom will have to decide to help Mira based on how she had treated him throughout the game, since her attitude towards him can range from polite gratitutde (which he appreciates) to rude apathy (which he disapproves of). If you treat him so bad in episode 3 he already threatens to abandon you and won't stay with you to watch you burn the decree so I think it's a possibility.

• It also plays into what Morgryn said about not knowing who you can trust. If you treat Tom well you gain a ally you can trust, if you treat him poorly, maybe having Mira look down on him due to his class, then you lose an ally - when you're desperate for any you can find.

LoseMyHome posted: »

I'm wondering this too. This isn't just him helping her out of the good of his heart - if you treat him horribly he will still help you but

• I hope so lol

Poogers555 posted: »

Only Tom wants Mira alive. ...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.