Did Ethan piss anyone off?

I gelt choices with him were like a dry wall. He was always a nice kid cowardice... lame. He let his enemies like Ram and Ludd without having the power within him to stand up to them. I get they were trying to show that his rise to the throne was premature but would any lord be pushed around. I know people will say different but I think Ethan was one of the weakest leaders in Westeros. His men were disloyal to him the second they heard he rose to power. He was doomed to fail pretty much. I think if they couldn't get Rodrik or thought he was dead then Gared would have been better suited despite not being a Forrester

Comments

• edited March 2015

I completely disagree Ethan was easily my favourite he was a thinker he brought wisdom to the house he was unlike any northern lord and despite not being trained for it he was meant to be lord sadly he died too soon to see him truly flourish imagine the lord he'd become once he came of age. (this is all just my opinion this is in no way fact)

• edited March 2015

Ethan is a third born son. Growing up, he never once expected to be lord of his house, and he wasn't raised for it quite like Rodrik was. Not really.

Depending on how you played him, Ethan does remarkably better than could have been expected. Had Ramsay not killed him, who knows who he could have grown into.

• I liked Ethan, he's probably my favorite PC so far. I was really sad I wouldn't play him to grow from a scared tween into a competent and respected ruler.

• I mean, I feel like that was the point of Ethan's story. He's the third born son and pretty young, he's far from strong but he has to pretend he is in order to keep a failing house together. He didn't have a strong army either after the red wedding so he didn't have much power to wield other than his words, which were player-based, but he could possibly stand up for himself if chosen to do so. I thought it gave the player a good sense of complete helplessness facing the Boltons and Whitehills and deserters within the house that would set the tone for the rest of the game. There were so many factors working against him I wouldn't say his failed leadership was his fault. And Gared as lord is pretty much impossible, I think technically Ryon is next in line if it weren't for Rodrik, since Asher is exiled.

• Even though I know next to nothing about Game of Thrones, I thought Ethan was a fantastic ruler for how young he was, and all that was expected of him. How well he does as a ruler depends on YOUR choices, so if you're pissed at him, you're pissed at yourself. Honestly, it was fucking STUPID to kill him off at the end of the first episode, he could have become more well-written and compelling than he was. Like, jeez, we get it, this Snow dude is a psycho who flayed a man's skin for fun, did he have to prove his dickish-ness any more?

I'm still not over Ethan's death. 8U; Kinda went off topic. To the point: no, he didn't piss me off, his story was the most interesting thing in episode 1.

• For me Ethan's death was the greatest thing that came out of his character. His death and even himself was a plot device to mark the beginning of the end of House Forrester.

fayescarlet posted: »

Even though I know next to nothing about Game of Thrones, I thought Ethan was a fantastic ruler for how young he was, and all that was expec

• Of the five protagonist, Ethan was the one I connected with the most. He was completely unprepared to rule, yet he still rose up to the task of leading his house and protect his family. Considering how much of a disadvantage he was in, the fact that he could still rule well for the brief time he had, makes him one of my favorite characters.

Also note that Ethan managed to negotiate that the Forresters keep half of their ironwood, although it later becomes null when Whitehill took the rest, he still managed to buy enough time for Rodrik to return and rule.

I hope that there will be a DLC, where the story takes place before or during the war, at least we can play as Ethan again.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.