Who do you trust?

This is something that intrigues me, but mostly because it tickles a bone that only Game of Thrones has. And that is the trust bone, from day one, episode one, I have never trusted Sera with Mira, or Ironrath's Maester. Feel like if I trust them with information it will end up playing against me in the end. Even if acting like a complete jerk to Sera might feel bad because she looks sad, I feel like she will be the one ratting me out to Cersei in order to get something she wants. She's a bastard, wants to marry a Lord, and after Joffrey's death, Cersei might offer everything to her and end up being bad for Mira.

And as far as Maester Ortengryn goes...something about his questions and involvement ever since Gared returned to Ironrath seemed off...gave me a Maester Pycelle vibe from the get-go.

Anyway, what do you think? who do you trust? who makes you feel unsafe?

Comments

• edited March 2015

No one! Game of Thrones has a history of this and even mentions it in its own show!

Alt text

Seriously, if you're gonna trust someone, don't trust Littlefinger.

EDIT: Seriously

Alt text

• I agree about Sera, but the maester... I don't know, he practically saved Rodrik's life after all...

• I trust Tom... I don't know about Maester since I kind of forgot he exist... Duncan just because he really doesn't have any reason to betray me. And of course Talia.

• I don't trust Sera... I think she'll stab me in the back someday.
    I trust NO ONE in the small council, least of all the mother.
    The one and only character I would ever trust in this game is Talia. She seems like an honest, good and affectionate person. Speaks her mind at all times.

• He saved Rodrick, and he saved Gared's leg, yeah....but only Maester Luwin was good, and he was the type of old man you can trust and confide things. Pycelle, Qyburn, they are both sketchy and known for being either traitors and crazy respectively. And his mannerisms...how he forced to pick a sentinel, he seemed to always have an angle that would benefit him. When asked who the traitor in the council could be, I immediately said it was him.

Miklaus posted: »

I agree about Sera, but the maester... I don't know, he practically saved Rodrik's life after all...

• Tom seems trustworthy, but who sent him is sketchy, maybe Varys? We know Varys is good, maybe he wants the Ironwood to aid the one he truly follows.

JazzyTheMan posted: »

I trust Tom... I don't know about Maester since I kind of forgot he exist... Duncan just because he really doesn't have any reason to betray me. And of course Talia.

• Talia seems to be the one that will always stand up for her family, that's why from episode one I tried to defend her against Ramsay and that asshat whitehill.

I don't trust Sera... I think she'll stab me in the back someday. I trust NO ONE in the small council, least of all the mother. The one an

• edited March 2015

Royland is solid. Even though he isn't my sentinel. He's still willing to take on the entire garrison for Rodrik.

• I definitely trust Rodrik, and Asher. I am on the fence about Mira and Gared doing what is right.

Oh you meant for NPCs? I don't trust any of them. Not a single one.

• edited March 2015

I trust no one in KL. They are all opportunists, who would ditch Mira the second their goals no longer aligned with her.

At the Wall, I'm starting to warm up to Finn a little, though not enough to tell him Cotter's secret. I am more distrustful of Cotter since he is keeping his secrets as to why he would want to find the North Grove.

At Ironrath, I trust Duncan, with him sending Gared to find the North Grove (if he wasn't sincere, he wouldn't have visited Gared in episode 3 and given him a map. He could have easily left Gared at the Wall to rot). I believe Royland is too prideful as captain to become a toady for the Whitehills. I don't trust the Maester, as he seemed too nosey toward Gared in episode 1, and Lady Forrester could be swayed by the Whitehills if it involved the safety of Ryon. And I trust Talia.

• edited March 2015

I think the only reason I trust Tom is because he genuinely wants Mira alive. The reasoning for that may be dishonest or deceitful in some way, but he certainly seems to want to keep the player alive. I also thought he was a bird of Varys, but I saw somebody mention that he was a CoTF on another forum, and that may tie into the North Grove plot. How else did he survive being drowned to the death by a Lannister guard? [if the player runs away] He's no ordinary coal boy at the very least.

• The only character I 100% trust is Talia.

• As far as who the traitor could be, I feel like Maester Ortengryn wouldn't be the traitor, it seems a little too obvious. Royland also seems trustworthy as he genuinely cares about the state of Ironrath, and if you choose to evict Gryff, he'll be very concerned for Ryon's safety.

My bet is Duncan or Lady Forrester (though I love them both) and only because they thought selling out our plans would ensure the House's or Ryon's survival. Duncan seems likelier since he's outside Ironrath more often and is very vocal about submitting to the Whitehills. If you stand up for Duncan against Gryff, calling him a loyal member of House Forrester, he'll look grateful and a "He will remember that" notification will appear, which raised my suspicions. If he is the traitor, he probably feels comfortable about selling out our immediate plans knowing that we have the North Grove as a secret back-up plan.

• In King's Landing I trust noone fully, but Tom did save Mira's life, so I have at least shortterm faith in him. The question is of course if he has some ulterior motive. In Ironrath I trust Talia. That's it. On the Wall I trust Jon Snow - too bad he'll probably want to behead Gared now. In Essos I trust both Beshka and Malcolm at least for now. Beshka has saved Asher's life mulitple times and seems to genuinely care for him, Malcolm apparently has been good to him in the past and perhaps even more importantly has a very good reason to want him to live.

• The only one I trust is the Thief on the wall (forgot his name).

• The only person I can 100% trust is Talia. I have a little faith in Tom, but I know that could change in an instant. I'm sort of expecting it to.

• Considering King's Landing, Tom is the only one I trully trust. I feel like he has no reason or opportunity to betray Mira. He is just a coal boy and most of the world ignores him. When it comes to him, my gut tells me to trust him because it could really be useful to have him on my side. Just like he said, people won't hold back in front of him when they don't even notice he's there. I just hope I'm not wrong on this one.

I always tried to be nice to Sera just in case I might need her later, but I would never really trust her. I feel like she would sell me away for a loaf of bread if it would benefit her own cause.

In Essos, I can honestly say that I do trust Beskha. She gives me the vibe of a good person who would not betray people close and dear to her.

When it comes to Ironrath, I don't trust anyone except Talia of course. She is a sweet and innocent child who would never do anything against her family. I try to be good to everyone else to but I can't say I would put my trust in them, especially the mother and the maester.

• If the Maester is the traitor, I still don't think he wants the destruction of House Forrester. He just wants the Whitehills to get what they want and leave them alone. When they do, he wants Ironrath to have a capable leader (aka Rodrik).

Miklaus posted: »

I agree about Sera, but the maester... I don't know, he practically saved Rodrik's life after all...

• At Ironrath: Royland, Duncan, and Talia

At Essos: Both Malcolm and Beskha. They have my back

At the Wall: Eh, no one really other than Jon, but due to canon that doesn't mean a whole lot. I trust Cotter a bit, but I'm still convinced he might stab me in the back when we get to the North Grove so not a whole lot.

At King's Landing: Lol no one

• edited April 2015

Mira = I trust Tom. I don't trust his master, though, whoever he is.

Rodrik = I trust Duncan and Talia.

Asher = I trust both Malcolm and Beksha.

Gared = I trust Finn. I have a feeling Cotter's a backstabber.

• I guess Talia and to some extant Beskha.

• Cotter! I trust him too, I think. Especially after he confides in Gared about his past.

As for everyone else... I do trust Tom the coal boy. He's always helping Mira out of sticky situations and seems to truly care for her well-being, which indicates to me that he's more than just a spy. Beshka and Malcolm are both fine by me. I trust Ser Royland and Talia as well, but that's it for Ironrath. All of the other characters have just rubbed me the wrong way somehow.

Heelidar posted: »

The only one I trust is the Thief on the wall (forgot his name).

• I trust Tom... and Tyrion to an extent. I really don't trust Lady Forrester (I have a theory that she's the traitor) and bloody no one trusts Cersei. Lady Margaery seems harmless for the most part, but she really angered me in episode three. I trust her, but I do not trust her faith in Mira. I trust Beshka, but I know that it's more than likely only temporary. She seems pretty blunt and outright honest, seeing as she openly said she wouldn't be with you on Asher's journey the whole way and didn't just ditch. As for the Maester, I trusted him right up until the moment we learned about the traitor. It's either him or Lady Forrester- I'm convinced.

• My top guess is Lady Forrester. I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote on another post here, since I think it'd be a good response to what you wrote...

"I also thought that maybe Lady Forrester is trading information with the Whitehills if they promise to keep Ryon safe, since that's her main goal as of right now. She also says that Rodrik did the right thing if he kisses the ring or steps down to Gryff, which doesn't seem like something she would say unless she knew it were for the better. She tends to contradict herself a little bit by telling her sons that they need to be strong, but then encouraging them to show weakness when the time comes. I just think it's an interesting theory..."

Someone responded with "She tells them to be strong, so they will not feel hurt when they have to submit." I wrote this:

*At Lord Forrester and Ethan's funeral she says, "You must be ready to defend us, Rodrik. Your body may be damaged, but your spirit must be like iron. You let nothing stand in your way. Do you understand? If you have to murder every last Whitehill down to the babes in their beds... No matter what, you must do it."

But then she openly tells you in front of the Whitehills to kiss the ring and if you submit to the Whitehills again in episode three by not fighting, she tells you that you did the right thing. She said so herself: "You must let nothing stand in your way." If she really believed that, than why would she tell Rodrik that he's doing the right thing by submitting? Yes, she is playing a very political game and that requires her to make difficult choices, but that does not excuse her inconsistency in what she says. I personally don't trust her at all. I think she's very two-faced, and even though her intentions are true when it comes to saving her family, perhaps the methods in doing so are not so true.

Then again, it's very possible that she is not the traitor and simply panics when it comes to the time to stand up, but something doesn't add up when it comes to her. If it's not that, then there has to be something that isn't right. *

You're the first person I've seen who actually thought of it too, so I thought I'd share.

LoseMyHome posted: »

As far as who the traitor could be, I feel like Maester Ortengryn wouldn't be the traitor, it seems a little too obvious. Royland also seems

• I agree, he's very trustworthy to Mira Forrester, I want him on my side :)

Cotter! I trust him too, I think. Especially after he confides in Gared about his past. As for everyone else... I do trust Tom the coal b

• Me too, I mean why a 13-15 year old girl be a traitor to the house?

quinnics posted: »

The only person I can 100% trust is Talia. I have a little faith in Tom, but I know that could change in an instant. I'm sort of expecting it to.

• Indeed. He even wanted to offer some of the ironwood in order to keep the house afloat. He also wanted Rodrik to remind Elaena Glenmore that he was still a man (hehe). It seems like he is trying to trying to secure the FUTURE of the house, not so much it's honour.

If the Maester is the traitor, I still don't think he wants the destruction of House Forrester. He just wants the Whitehills to get what they want and leave them alone. When they do, he wants Ironrath to have a capable leader (aka Rodrik).

• Rodrik Story: Duncan

Gared Story: Finn

Asher Story: Malcom

Mira Story: It's King's Landing no one can realy be trusted but if I have to choose i chose Sera... (I don't trust Tom because he dont tell us who is his boss)

• edited April 2015

I trust Royland, Beska, Cotter, Tom, Malcom and Talia but I am very suspicious of Duncan, Finn and Lady Forrester

• I trust Royland, Talia, Lady Forrester, Cotter, and Duncan, but since this is GOT, I can't help but feel one of these people will at one point betray me.

• Rodrik: Talia and Duncan

Gared: Cotter and Jon Snow

Asher: both Malcolm and Beskha

Mira: Tom

• I trust Tom. But that is likely the inner ship in me talking.

• I trust Duncan, Royland (Bill Belicheck), Talia, Tom, and Gwyn Whitehill.

Lady Forrester's annoyance is becoming... annoying. She complains about Rodrik not doing anything but also complains about him trying to do something.

The Maester is really quiet and it's hard to notice that he's actually in the room. He's (IMO) the most suspicious in the Small Council.

I trust Sera, i just think she's annoying. She could backstab me if she wanted to.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.