Why is Mira hanging around King's Landing??

edited April 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Spoiler's for Episode 3:

Isn't it a bit awkward lol? Someone tries to have you killed, and you just stroll around the next morning as if it never happened. Then they don't send another assassin after her, nor have her questioned about Damien's disappearance.

If someone tries to have you killed, wouldn't you take a but more caution, leave KL, or confide in Margaery even?

Alt text

Comments

• Good point. A related question: why did the Forresters let Mira stay in the south after Gregor and Rodrick went to fight for the King in the North? Once it was clear that Margaery's family would be aligning with the Lannister-Baratheons, the Forresters should have gotten Mira the hell out of there. I'm surprised Margaery herself didn't realize the danger and send Mira away.

• Valid question. I suspect the answer is it's a plothole that Telltale wants us to overlook, because they needed a playable character in King's Landing to show/continue showing the action what's happening there, and this was the only way for that to work.

• I dont really want her to stay, I want her to go back to Ironrath, but no matter what i say and no matter how much i piss off Margaery she keeps begging her to not send her awy... what the hell, i chosse something completely different, but whatevs...

I hope that by the end of this season she sees her family.

• I think Mira has the option of leaving, but that would mean giving up an opportunity to help her family. Even if she returns home, she can't aid her family there and will still be oppressed by the Whitehills stationed there and frankly it is just as dangerous.

Her best option is to remaining in King's Landing, play the game to her family's favor and ensure that Ironrath still stands so she has a home to return too.

• Although it is incredibly dangerous in kings landing Mira is of no use in ironrath it's better for her to stay and find clever ways to help her family.

• Her mother insisted.

• Agreed. It might even work if Mira acknowledged the danger she was in if you click on an item, like "I fear they will send another man after me, but I have no choice to remain because.... and maybe staying with Margaery will keep me safe etc."

Valid question. I suspect the answer is it's a plothole that Telltale wants us to overlook, because they needed a playable character in King

• Yeah, Telltale can't have too many different choices, especially a major one such as that, so it understandable why she stays no matter what.

The way GOT goes, I think it is just enough to hope she's alive by the end of this season haha

I dont really want her to stay, I want her to go back to Ironrath, but no matter what i say and no matter how much i piss off Margaery she k

• But then again, if Mira is killed she wouldn't be able to help at all. Either she's extremely ignorant to the danger she's in, or recklessly loyal to her family. She could help, by seducing Gryff or something, but that's a long shot and not something the Forresters would stoop too no matter the cost. Keeping favour with Margaery in King's Landing is more effective.

True, but Margaery has been pretty useless so far on the 'helping' front. That's if she trying at all, as some have raised the theory that she ripped her dress, and didn't tell the Queen of Thorns to write the letter. It would be brutal but a satisfying and clever ending, if Margaery is not truly on your side, and Mira has to do some parkour with Tom to escape King's Landing, with Magaery and Cersei's guards after her, with a dozen non canon deaths lol

I think Mira has the option of leaving, but that would mean giving up an opportunity to help her family. Even if she returns home, she can't

• Another good question! When the war started, she would have been in Highgarden and since Margaery's betrothed, Lord Renly, would have been an opposing side to Robb Stark, who the Forresters supported. Unless Margaery chose to turn a blind eye, which by her character, is something she would never do, Margaery would have sent her away, or made her denounce her family.

If she sent her away, that would be that, but since she clearly stayed, WHY would Mira ask Margaery for her help about her family. Margaery would have been furious, since Mira said she had abandoned her family, and even if she did help, she would have questioned her closely, which she didn't in the game when Mira does ask.

Then the same, when Margaery went to marry Joffrey. This time it would be more of a betrayal, so it is understandable why Cersei was pissed. At least Cersei asked the right questions, and interrogated Mira, which Margaery didn't seem to do, which makes no sense.

A few empty plot holes, but we may reading to much into this.

Brn2bwild posted: »

Good point. A related question: why did the Forresters let Mira stay in the south after Gregor and Rodrick went to fight for the King in th

• Yes, but as I replied to another comment, she would be no use dead. Why doesn't Mira think she won't be killed the next night. Not the brightest thing to do, staying in KL.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Although it is incredibly dangerous in kings landing Mira is of no use in ironrath it's better for her to stay and find clever ways to help her family.

• Her mother would have understood, if she knew an attempt had been made on Mira's life. Mira must be pretty weak willed if her Mother's orders mean more than her life lol

Amire posted: »

Her mother insisted.

• It is a very hm.. modern view on your life.

Momo8642 posted: »

Her mother would have understood, if she knew an attempt had been made on Mira's life. Mira must be pretty weak willed if her Mother's orders mean more than her life lol

• edited April 2015

The Forresters are counting on her to come up with a huge sum of gold, somehow.

And,of course, her mother insisted.

• But if you go home who is gonna get the money to pay the sellswords?

I dont really want her to stay, I want her to go back to Ironrath, but no matter what i say and no matter how much i piss off Margaery she k

• Alt text

Amire posted: »

Her mother insisted.

• Only way to get the money is if you dont burn the decree and make a deal with Morgryn, right? Aint no way in hell im making a deal with no Whitehill.

But if you go home who is gonna get the money to pay the sellswords?

• In the game it seems like Mira wants to help her family and if you run away you can't help them. I think in the council meeting in episode two Duncan say's they need Mira to get gold to pay for Asher's army.

• Another question is why everybody acts like the crown is the only potential buyer of Ironwood. There's a war going on - everybody could use it. Why not sell it to someone that doesn't hate your guts and proclaims you as a traitor?

But if you go home who is gonna get the money to pay the sellswords?

• Despite the fact it's probably a lot more dangerous in King's Landing than at Ironrath, Mira can still be of more use of her family there. But as soon as her purpose there is done, I want her to get the fuck out of there.

• edited April 2015

I'm hoping that Mira heads out of King's Landing next episode. Honestly, there's little reason for her to stay. She's on a frayed rope with Margaery and likely will never get any help from her anyways, so she's better off leaving and not staying in a place where multiple people are probably out to get her. Particularly if you work with Morgryn, you can strike a deal with him elsewhere, can't you? Gamewise, I would think that all of the protagonists would end up in Ironrath again but a problem arises where you can't really have all the protags interact with each other? How would that even work?

I mean, I guess it could. Despite you making choices for them, they do still have their own set personalities.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.