There will be a 2nd season?

Or just 6 episodes?

Comments

• edited March 2015

EDIT= Someone told me it has a multi year deal with HBO, so yeah.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited March 2015

It might, as they did sign a multi-year multi-title license.

• Yes. They signed a multi year deal with HBO, so it all but confirms it I think.

• edited March 2015

Or does it?
    Alt text

Yes. They signed a multi year deal with HBO, so it all but confirms it I think.

• They signed for multi-year but that doesnt mean than we will see the Forresters again, they could always take a new era with a new family.

• Seems likely:

• Multi-title, multi-year deal with HBO
    • The platinum trophy for playstation has the subtitle "Completed Season 1 of Game of Thrones." In other games they've never directly referenced "Season 1" in the achievements so maybe there's a Season 2 already planned.
    • Makes sense as the Forresters are mentioned in the books at around the time Season 6-7 would occur
    • The game is supposed to run 'alongside' the show so Season 2 of the game can play off of Season 5 of the show.
  • They signed a multi year deal, but that doesnt mean there will be one. Could easily be them doing so if they ever wanted to, they could.

• Maybe someday we could see the days under the mad king when the Targaryens were still in power?

• Thing is, for TWAU, TellTale had signed just a one off contract... :/

To me that confirms that there's no season 2 in the making.( I HOPE that they're in negotiations though...)

• edited April 2015

I think there will be one. They signed for multiple seasons with HBO, the game is doing pretty well for their not to be one, and there is a good amount of story they can implant. Also, the writers/devs at Telltale are HUGE Game of Thrones fans. So yeah, I think its very likely there will be one.

• edited April 2015

Telltale only signed for one season with Vertigo for TWAU, similar to what they signed with Gearbox for TFTB. I think the only games that they have right now that they signed for multiple seasons upfront is TWD and GoT.

I have a feeling Telltale wouldn't go through the trouble of securing a multiple season deal if they weren't planning on actually doing something with it, so that adds on what I said that I believe there will be one.

• Awesome! We will probably play as Ryon and Taila when they're older.

• Hmm... after thinking it over, I think you might be right. I guess given the nature of the franchises, TWD and GoT have got more artistic potential than TWAU and TFTB.

Telltale only signed for one season with Vertigo for TWAU, similar to what they signed with Gearbox for TFTB. I think the only games that th

• Sounds good. Hopefully it's a means to have fresh plots and not drag out older ones.

• Yeah, there is a lot more you can do story-wise with Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. Setting Wolf Among Us as a prequel limits it story telling abilities and since the story of Borderlands 3 could change the whole entire universe, Tales' story continuing in a second season isn't likely.

alostguy25 posted: »

Hmm... after thinking it over, I think you might be right. I guess given the nature of the franchises, TWD and GoT have got more artistic potential than TWAU and TFTB.

• In regard to wolf among us, the comic is doing well...so there might possibly a second season. There are loads of spinoffs in the fable universe, prequels would be easy.

• I have this wild theory that Rodrik will somehow die towards the end of S1 defending House Forrestor and that Asher will take his place as the new Lord of Ironrath, even though I would have personally preferred it if Talia became the new head instead, though I'm hoping she'll be a playable character in S2.

• That or one character will live and have to go through it all again with some new house or the quest may be them trying to join with a new house.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.