Controls for the iPad

Is there a place I can find what the actual controls are for the iPad? I just played the first game, and I still have no clue when I'm supposed to just press, or press and hold, or swipe, or press-hold-then swipe, or when I'm supposed to tap the button, etc.

I died once as a result, and I couldn't find my answers anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• They are pretty basic to the best of my knowledge. Maybe watch a playthrough of someone playing it on iOS for a little bit just to get a better feel for it.

• I appreciate the advice and reply. I have watched walkthroughs, about 9 in total (3 different ones for each episode), but unfortunately the walkthroughs don't show the player's hand...

Here is an example of the main problem I have:
    I see a dot with a circle around it - obviously I press it. But am I supposed to 1) press and hold, 2)just press and release 3)press, hold and slide, or 4)Tap repeatedly?

Unfortunately, there is a very limited amount of time I have to make a decision, and doing the wrong action usually results in dire consequences. Now for a few scenarios at the beginning of the game, there were instructions in the top left corner of the screen. But later in the game, the "dots" began to change how they looked, but there were no new instructions (or if there were, they either 1)disappeared too quickly and weren't readable, 2)I didn't look up in time to notice them, or 3)they just weren't there at all).

So for a TL;DR version, what I would like to know is:
    When do I just tap the dot?
    When do I press and hold the dot?
    When do I tap the dot repeatedly?
    When do I press, hold, and swipe the dot?

I hope this post makes sense. And once again, thanks for the reply :)

• I play on my laptop. Ipad and phone and the controls are very simple. You have to look at what the dot does on the screen when you touch it to get those answers, it's fairly self explanatory

• When there is a dot you press repeatedly and when there is an arrow you slide. If you play TWD you'll find different controls but there's nothing too complicated with GoT yet. You only have to hold it when you have a square shape button in which the two sides are split apart and as you hold it the two pieces collide in order to create a square (hope this makes sence). And as for such things as clicking on items to use them or view them you just have to tap them once and you'll possibly find three or two dots next to it with all if the actions you can have (of course this only works with objects in wich you have more than one thing to do). Hope it helps :)

jghoefs posted: »

I appreciate the advice and reply. I have watched walkthroughs, about 9 in total (3 different ones for each episode), but unfortunately the

Sign in to comment in this discussion.