Tom and the Whitehills

I just had a thought.

We know that Lord Whitehill is conspiring against the Forresters, though not exactly what this plan entails. We also know he's been sending money to King's Landing.

Tom, the Coal Boy, is clearly being employed by someone to ensure Mira's safety. Possible connection?

Y'see if Rodrik and Ryon die, there will be no male heir to House Forrester. Rightful ownership of Ironrath passes to the eldest daughter, Mira. And hey, Ludd's looking for a wife for Gryff, right? A quick marriage here, some Forrester-murdering there, and boom--Ironrath belongs to Gryff.

Lord Whitehill's scheme is to wipe out the Forrester bloodline and take Ironrath as a seat for a cadet branch of his own House. Not as dumb as he looks, eh?

Comments

• That's an interesting theory I like it although I disagree it's interesting. But how would Ludd gain the right to force Mira into marrying Gryff?

• In this scenario she has no legal ability to refuse. It's like Sansa being forced to marry Tyrion in the show. Her House is broken, she has no remaining allies, and she's hardly in a position to go against an explicit order from the new liege-lords of Ironrath.

AgentZ46 posted: »

That's an interesting theory I like it although I disagree it's interesting. But how would Ludd gain the right to force Mira into marrying Gryff?

• But Sansa was in kings landing and the marriage was set by the royal family Ludd is a northern lord while Mira is serving Margaery the future queen... but I see your point maybe if Margaery allowed it Mira would be forced to marry Gryff.

ranger563 posted: »

In this scenario she has no legal ability to refuse. It's like Sansa being forced to marry Tyrion in the show. Her House is broken, she has

• You might be on to something.
    Tom also looks pretty disappointed when Mira keeps Tyrion's royal decree...yes, this is a strong possibility.

Eh, it's probably what I'd do in that situation while playing Crusader Kings 2's GoT Mod, now that I think about it :D

• Why marry Mira who's all the way in King's Landing when he has Talia right in Ironrath, which pisses off Rodrik way more than if it was Mira.

• Mira would be able to give Gryff an heir faster than Talia could, as she's older.

Why marry Mira who's all the way in King's Landing when he has Talia right in Ironrath, which pisses off Rodrik way more than if it was Mira.

• As long as it isn't about pissing someone off, but actually gaining the Lordship, Mira is better than Talia by birth date...

Why marry Mira who's all the way in King's Landing when he has Talia right in Ironrath, which pisses off Rodrik way more than if it was Mira.

• Maergaery pretty much hates Mira after the last episode--in fact the game angles you that way no matter what your choices are. Could be that Telltale is trying to maneuver this plan into place.

AgentZ46 posted: »

But Sansa was in kings landing and the marriage was set by the royal family Ludd is a northern lord while Mira is serving Margaery the future queen... but I see your point maybe if Margaery allowed it Mira would be forced to marry Gryff.

• Mira would be heir before Talia. Assuming that both Rodrik and Ryon are dead.

• Is Asher completely removed from succession due to his banishment?

• edited April 2015

I think you may be right....but who is the traitor?

I don't think your wrong...but who would be be giving information to the Whitehills that was discussed about literally a day or two before?

I don't think they send ALL information to Mira for Tom to get a hold of....although your theory IS a possibility for Mira to deal with :P

Seriously? Who do you guys think is the traitor at House Forrester?

I sorta think Royland....to be honest -.-

I find it suspicious that Gryff didn't do ANYTHING to him...He sits their sorta defending you if you submit to Gryff, but Gryff does NOTHING to him when he talks back, and if you pay attention, the body language is suspicious....

(Like if ya agree :3)

• Yes....yes, he is O.O

Brn2bwild posted: »

Is Asher completely removed from succession due to his banishment?

• I forgot about Asher but if he comes back and is pardoned I think he could be heir... thats assuming he would even want to be lord.

Brn2bwild posted: »

Is Asher completely removed from succession due to his banishment?

• I can't remember now, did Lady Forrester wrote a letter to Mira about Asher comin back, or Rodrik injuries, or whatever secret?
    If so maybe Tom reads letters, and gives information to Whitehill's.
    But still It doesn't explain how Gywn knows about your choice. Save Ryon or Kill Gryff

• Tom is involved somehow

• That is a cool idea. I like it. If Tom fell for Mira himself that would put him in quite a bit of a pickle!

• Bringing this back. In the trailer for episode 4, Mira knows someone in King's Landing is working for the Whitehills. Could it be Tom?

• TOM IS BEHIND EVERYTHING!!!!

• Maybe, Tom fifth son of Lord Whitehill? :D

• It could be Royland. I don't think it's Duncan. After all, Ser Gregor put so much trust in him.

• edited May 2015

It's an interesting theory, but I don't see it happening, especially since Tom's character model name or something is "Little Bird." Nice theory though.

• edited May 2015

I Believe Traitor is Lady Forrester

Lady Forrester & Malcolm were only ones who speak Ethan About Bringing Asher Back to Westeros & Episode 3 Gwyn Is asking if is it true that Asher is Coming back.

Maybe i am Wrong but who knows
    I Sucpect Lady Forrester 100%

• I like the theory but I still think Tom is working for Varys.

But I like Varys so that's fine.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.