Peace or War?

edited April 2015 in Game Of Thrones

I just imagined a scenario with the whitehills where the player has to choose between peace or war with the whitehills. Basically your choices would be...

1. Rodrik marrys Gwyn. (peace)
  2. Mira marrys Gryff. (peace)
  3. go to war.

But there's a catch in both peace scenarios Asher would have to remain exiled.
So if this was a real choice knowing that war would likely lead to multiple deaths on both sides what would you pick?

Comments

• since this is a game

Alt text

• edited April 2015

If Rodrik/Gwyn becomes possible and would result in a stable peace between equals, I know I'd sorely be tempted. Asher can certainly handle himself in Essos, and there might be a chance to get him back later, who knows?

Myra/Gryff...not likely. At the very least Gryff would have a lot of apologies to make, first.

• Mira marries Gryff. Duh.

• Mira marrys Gryff. (peace)

Alt text

what good would do in marrying a fourth-born? I'd rather the firstborn son

• Ludd Whitehill is not immortal. 'nuff said?

• Well, there will be peace after they surrender.

• Gryff and his father:

Alt text

Gywn:

50 Shades Of Aswn.

• I could never trust Ludd.

Alt text

• I imagine peace won't be a very available option once Bolton starts using his role as warden of the north and the white hills don't have to listen to the king about plans for war with neighboring holds.

• Since choices never actually matter and everyone will have the same ending.

since this is a game

• Mira marrys Gryff. (peace)

Alt text

And I figure it all depends. Are all the Whitehills who want the overall destruction of House Forrester dead? If so, then I would aim for a marriage between Asher and Gwyn to settle everything down instead of burning Highpoint to the ground.

But I think chances of peace are slim. All out war is a more likely option

• At this point:

Alt text

• I WILL HAVE WAR

Alt text

Anyway, I don't think marrying into the Whitehills would stop the war. It didn't with Gwyn and Asher- that almost caused a war within itself. I think the Whitehills just need to be kicked off their damn high horse.

• Bolton and Ramsay are going to be too busy dealing with Mance and Stannis.

• Talk about great minds think alike... I posted mine when there was no second page so I didn't see this until after I posted mine. digital high five

At this point:

• That wasn't marriage though they were lovers if they married their houses would be joined.

choircorgis posted: »

I WILL HAVE WAR Anyway, I don't think marrying into the Whitehills would stop the war. It didn't with Gwyn and Asher- that almost caused a war within itself. I think the Whitehills just need to be kicked off their damn high horse.

• It depends I think. Part of me want peace between the two houses, but after all the humiliation that I have suffered from Ludd, Gryff and their bloody soldiers, I am soooooo ready to start a war once I have the power.

• Right, but if Ludd was pissed off about a little fling, what makes you think he'll be happy with an actual marriage? It reinforces what I say that unless the Whitehills who want the overall destruction of House Forrester are dead, no marriage between Asher and Gwyn is possible.

AgentZ46 posted: »

That wasn't marriage though they were lovers if they married their houses would be joined.

• There's probably going to be a war no matter what we choose, so I'm gonna get myself psyched up for some head hackin'.

• I think that the only ones who don't want war between their houses are Rodrik and Gwyn, I doubt that Ludd might even consider a marriage to join their houses, especially now, that the Forresters are in such a weak position,

• I'm lying to Gwyn Whitehill making it seem as if we want peace, just to get the most usefulness and information out of her, whilst also making sure that if (she is conspiring against us and feeding Ludd Whitehill information), that the Whitehills are under the false pretence we want peace and won't do anything.

Meanwhile I'm having Asher, Mira and Gared risk everything in order to prepare an army to crush the Whitehill soldiers.

• As long as Ludd Whitehill is in charge, there will never be peace. The only way there can be anything close to peace, is if Gwyn's fathers head is put on a spike, and I got a feeling she won't want that. So peace is an impossibly, far to many lingering animosity between the two Houses, and even if, even if peace was to happen, it wouldn't last long. The Forresters serve the Glovers who were close bannermen to the Starks, the Whitehills have always served the Boltons. The Boltons are in leagues with the Lannisters and the Glovers are more or less siding with Stannis, so by that very nature, at a point the two Houses will likely have to fight each other. So no, peace will never happen, its just an unrealistically optimistic thought. My cut on the matter is, if you want peace, prepare for war!

• edited April 2015

their are other paths that can be made , if you have a PS or Xbox you can see with the things you got with the first play through then how many parts they have in the next 3 which is 7 and with it you can replay the episodes to make it better if you play good path or story.

• There was one voice for peace in my game, and he lay dead on the floors of the Great Hall of Ironrath. With the death of Ethan, war became the only course.

• trophies and achievements.

• edited April 2015

I would make peace if i can. Through marriage or alliance. Not with Ludd though, or Gryff - unless there's an opportunity to put them in their place first.

But there is no way i would subject Mira to Gryff Whitehill, i would rather Gwynn and Asher be able to be together if that's what they want. My Rodrick is betrothed to Eleana Glenmore, so i hope that works out for them.

I could also forsee a time when i would say, 'Fuck it, let's Destroy them all!!' though. Truly, it's not that far off. The Whitehills make it Very difficult to be smart about things.

• But there is no way i would subject Mira to Gryff Whitehill, i would rather Gwynn and Asher be able to be together if that's what they want. My Rodrick is betrothed to Eleana Glenmore, so i hope that works out for them.

Are Gryff's extremely good licks too much for Lady Mira? Understandable.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I would make peace if i can. Through marriage or alliance. Not with Ludd though, or Gryff - unless there's an opportunity to put them in the

• His good Licks? Lol.

I'm going to assume you mean looks, and say, i think he's pretty unattractive. In looks and more specifically and importantly in personality and temperament. I have known men like Gryff before, and feel comfortable saying that nothing good waits for a wife of his.

But there is no way i would subject Mira to Gryff Whitehill, i would rather Gwynn and Asher be able to be together if that's what they want.

• You know, I saw it auto correct to licks. I changed it, and it did it again.

Gryff is the most handsome character in the entire game and his personality is that of a king.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

His good Licks? Lol. I'm going to assume you mean looks, and say, i think he's pretty unattractive. In looks and more specifically and im

• edited April 2015

But you can try to make it right in the other 2 parts of the series that is out now.

Duruial posted: »

There was one voice for peace in my game, and he lay dead on the floors of the Great Hall of Ironrath. With the death of Ethan, war became the only course.

• I'm trying to go for peace. But I know something is going to happen to Ryon in the next episode.

• edited April 2015

Right.

King Joffrey, or mayhaps Aegon the Unworthy.

You know, I saw it auto correct to licks. I changed it, and it did it again. Gryff is the most handsome character in the entire game and his personality is that of a king.

• I wish for peace, but the Whitehills are clearly not the men who would "accept" that.

Never would i marry someone off, it's just another humiliation. Who wants to be married to a Whitehill, especially out of an Forrester position?

It seems that war is otherwise unaviodable. I hope the Forrester army will be (in the end) big enough for the Whitehills to surrender. It would
    be awesome if we could win over the Boltons (with some King's Landing-help) to turn the tables :D

• I don't agree with that, but I'll agree to disagree. I don't see the Whitehills agreeing to let anyone from their house marry a Forrester. Not now, in the middle of a power struggle. Marriage wouldn't solve any of the problems, or lessen the conflict. It would probably only add to the list of problems between the houses, if anything. The last thing they want is to be united or have any relationship with each other unless one is dominating the other.

AgentZ46 posted: »

That wasn't marriage though they were lovers if they married their houses would be joined.

• Right, but if Ludd was pissed off about a little fling, what makes you think he'll be happy with an actual marriage? It reinforces what I sa

Sign in to comment in this discussion.