Will House Baratheon Help?

SPOILERS for anyone who hasn't watched at least Season 4 of Game of Thrones

From the timeline here's where we are

Season 3 Finale - Episode 1 'Iron From Ice': Episode 1 starts from The Red Wedding and continues onwards for a day or two after the events of Season 3 and before Season 4 sets in motions.

Season 4 Episode 2 - Episode 3 ' The Sword in the Darkness': Mid-way through Episode 3, Joffrey dies and so this confrims that we are starting to gear up to Season 4.

Season 4 Episode 9 is when House Baratheon aids the Night's Watch in going against the wildlings and putting an end to Mance Raider (or whatever his name is) and his army through imprisonment.

Now, can we safely assume that House Baratheon may aid Gared in the shipment of ironwood and help House Forrester. Many have already speculated that House Forrester may be loyal bannerman to Stannis and his conquest for the Iron Throne. If House Forrester were to eliminate the Whitehills, they would need the protection of a noble house to aid them from being destroyed by House Bolton, unless they truly cared about their ironwood that much.

House Baratheon may offer that protection upon finding Gared and in the process discovering the North Grove (which I'm guessing is a grove of hidden ironwood trees or something, and Stannis could use this to his advantage for his conquest for the Iron Throne).

All in all, it seems that we may at least get the option of sticking with House Baratheon, and it could bring up some interesting things for a second season, (if Telltale decides to make one).

Will House Baratheon come to the aid of the Forresters?

Comments

• I think if Gared pulls his strings right, but if he's abandoning the Night's Watch I somewhat doubt it.

• Well technically Jon abandoned the Night's Watch and still came back.

I think if Gared pulls his strings right, but if he's abandoning the Night's Watch I somewhat doubt it.

• True, true. We'll have to see it how it plays out.

HarjKS posted: »

Well technically Jon abandoned the Night's Watch and still came back.

• Maybe? I know they serve House Glover, and they are looking up at Stannis more then Roose Bolton, so maybe? Plus I would imagine that Stannis would call as many Stark bannerman to his side, promising them whatever the hell they want in exchange for there loyalty, so yes I would imagine its a clear possibility and something I would like to see.

• Why do you call Stannis "House Baratheon"? He and his daughter don't constitute the entirety of House Baratheon, as far as crown loyalists are concerned. "House Baratheon" is currently on the throne, ruling the Seven Kingdoms. I'd say it's better to say "The Stormlands" instead, but then again, Stannis doesn't rule over them entirely.

So, instead of using vague "House Baratheon", it's better to simply say "Stannis". Just throwing it out there.

• I also just remembered that the Starks were loyal to House Baratheon, so yes it would make sense for Forresters to at least have a neutral standing between the two houses. I think Stannis may save this house.

Maybe? I know they serve House Glover, and they are looking up at Stannis more then Roose Bolton, so maybe? Plus I would imagine that Stan

• I believe Stannis mentions that the Forresters are a scouting house for House Baratheon.

• edited April 2015

Even the most fervent crown loyalists will acknowledge that it is the Lannisters who are currently ruling the Iron Throne, at least at the point we are in-game, and especially after Joffrey's happy demise. With Renly gone Stannis is as much "House Baratheon" as anyone else.

Also staying vague in thread titles is good to avoid spoilers ;)

Lingvort posted: »

Why do you call Stannis "House Baratheon"? He and his daughter don't constitute the entirety of House Baratheon, as far as crown loyalists a

• Stannis is going to try and get northerners on his side, yes, but their current situation is dire enough that the Forresters might be below his attention at this stage, and Stannis' priorities are getting help for himself, not offering it...I don't think he'd do much good to the Forresters, honestly.

• Kind of, in book 5 they are mentioned as close bannerman to House Glover, who are leaning towards Stannis's side, but here's the thing, they are mentioned only once in passing, proving only that they are a thing. They don't mention how many there are, for all we know it could be the remnants of the House with only a handful of survivors, or it could mean they grew in strength, its just to vague. Not to mention its only in the books, the TV show is its own canon, it's very very similar to the book canon, but there are changes here and there, so just because House Forrester "might" be fine in book 5 of Song of Ice and Fire, doesn't mean they will be fine in Game of Thrones.

I believe Stannis mentions that the Forresters are a scouting house for House Baratheon.

• Keep in mind House Forrester is devoted to the Old Gods of the Forest, Melisandre will insist that they convert to worshiping R'hollor the Lord of Light. This may be a bit of a deal breaker; House Whitehill follows The Faith of the Seven and it seems implied to me that it is the reverence to forest and the Old Gods that gives the Forresters the knowledge of working Ironwood in a sustainable manner. This would make Stannis' arrival a new crisis for House Forester, either save their house by giving up everything they are or stay faithful and risk the wrath of Melisandre.

Either way I see Griff falling to the Sword and Ludd being burned alive.

• Oh yeah, there is the slight problem of religion... yeah I doubt anyone will like converting, but it's either that, or possible death by the Bolton's, I don't know, I think its worth it to survive.

richforce posted: »

Keep in mind House Forrester is devoted to the Old Gods of the Forest, Melisandre will insist that they convert to worshiping R'hollor the L

• House Forrester is one of the clans named that help Stannis on his march. I think its highly likely that he will aid Ironrath and in return we march with him against the Boltons in Season 2

• I mean Gared would be abandoning the Watch within a few days or weeks. Granted I can't figure out much of the time lapse during the 4 seasons but it feels like Jon's been there long enough and has enough intelligence to warrant sparring his life. I doubt Gared has that agency.

HarjKS posted: »

Well technically Jon abandoned the Night's Watch and still came back.

• Still, Stannis is referred to as Stannis and not as House Baratheon. Also, Lannisters may rule the Iron Throne, but it's still the supposed House Baratheon they're supporting, hence the air quotes I've used. Of course it's not House Baratheon (anymore, at least).

Yeah, but you can stay vague by simply censoring out the spoilery bits.

Klionheart posted: »

Even the most fervent crown loyalists will acknowledge that it is the Lannisters who are currently ruling the Iron Throne, at least at the p

• The game ends in the begining of season 5. Jon will rule the NW and maybe he will forgive Gared :D

I think if Gared pulls his strings right, but if he's abandoning the Night's Watch I somewhat doubt it.

• Yes, but I doubt we'll see Stannis until season 2.

• Actually it's "Tommen of the House Baratheon". He inherits his de lege father Robert Baratheon. Until they don't invent DNA-tests they will never proof Tommen not being the son of Robert. Tommen is the head of house Baratheon ATM though he isn't undisputed.

Klionheart posted: »

Even the most fervent crown loyalists will acknowledge that it is the Lannisters who are currently ruling the Iron Throne, at least at the p

Sign in to comment in this discussion.