What if the traitor is...

Lady Forrester?

I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote in two posts before, because I think they're very valid but PLEASE comment with what you think about this theory/what you think about the traitor situation. It's actually my very best guess as to who the traitor is...

I think that maybe Lady Forrester is trading information with the Whitehills if they promise to keep Ryon safe, since that's her main goal as of right now. She also says that Rodrik did the right thing if he kisses the ring or steps down to Gryff, which doesn't seem like something she would say unless she knew it were for the better. She tends to contradict herself a little bit by telling her sons that they need to be strong, but then encouraging them to show weakness when the time comes.

At Lord Forrester and Ethan's funeral she says, "You must be ready to defend us, Rodrik. Your body may be damaged, but your spirit must be like iron. You let nothing stand in your way. Do you understand? If you have to murder every last Whitehill down to the babes in their beds... No matter what, you must do it."

But then she openly tells you in front of the Whitehills to kiss the ring and if you submit to the Whitehills again in episode three by not fighting, she tells you that you did the right thing. She said so herself: "You must let nothing stand in your way." If she really believed that, than why would she tell Rodrik that he's doing the right thing by submitting? Yes, she is playing a very political game and that requires her to make difficult choices, but that does not excuse her inconsistency in what she says. I personally don't trust her at all. I think she's very two-faced, and even though her intentions are true when it comes to saving her family, perhaps the methods in doing so are not so true.

Then again, it's very possible that she is not the traitor and simply panics when it comes to the time to stand up, but something doesn't add up when it comes to her. If it's not that, then there has to be something that isn't right.

Comments

• Honestly, this is my top theory too. She's so concerned for the welfare of her son that she is basically giving the Whitehills whatever they want.

• edited April 2015

I don't think it could be Lady Forrester. She seemed genuinely surprised on hearing about the traitor. Then again, I could be terrible at detecting liars. Royland is extremely prideful and fiercely loyal to his house. I'll eat my hat if it happens to be him*, and Duncan knows of the North Grove, which shows that Lord Forrester trusted him the most. That leaves the Maester, who is my prime suspect. Interesting how Telltale keeps us speculating, no?

(*Probably won't eat my hat, sorry.)

• I'm thinking it's probably no one and the Whitehills planted the idea. The makeshift small council in the woods was probably easy to hear.

• edited April 2015

I had a different theory...but this makes sense!
    And with Telltales way of story telling...this is probably one of the most likely things to happen.

My theory: I sorta think Royland....to be honest -.-
    I find it suspicious that Gryff didn't do ANYTHING to him...He sits their sorta defending you if you submit to Gryff, but Gryff does NOTHING to him when he talks back, and if you pay attention, the body language is suspicious....
    (Like if ya agree :3)

• edited April 2015

Hmm... she did have this kind of mentality when Ethan asked his mother's suggestion at the council.

• There's definitely something amiss with her. She is so keen for Rodrik to submit to the Whitehills. She even helps Rodrik to his knees in order to kiss the ring. Though again, she might just be naively helping the Whitehills in a bid to bring Ryon home safely. Catelyn Stark did a similar thing in secretly negotiating Jaime's release.

• Whoever the traitor is, I will be taking their head.

• I think it might be because Gryff is secretly threatened by Royland and wouldn't want to get in a physical fight with him, whereas it's easy to hit Rodrik because he's already injured... But you could be right. It is kinda weird how they didn't touch him... They held him back, but they didn't hit him...

Gameoid posted: »

I had a different theory...but this makes sense! And with Telltales way of story telling...this is probably one of the most likely things t

• You know, I really hadn't thought of that. You're totally right. It could just be something they planted.

Brn2bwild posted: »

I'm thinking it's probably no one and the Whitehills planted the idea. The makeshift small council in the woods was probably easy to hear.

• See, I wouldn't know that since I chose not to tell her. Even so, people in GOT lie all the time and backstab each other constantly. I don't think that would be the case with her, anyway. It'd be more like a "they promised not to kill my family if I gave them whatever they wanted." I will be really shocked if it turns out to be Royland, but it's still possible. Duncan has ties to the Whitehills and to Gwyn, but that seems to obvious to me. The Maester is always in the background, but always present for council decisions which makes me think that he is a good candidate as well. Very interesting indeed...

(No need to be sorry. It got a good laugh.)

Inkerman posted: »

I don't think it could be Lady Forrester. She seemed genuinely surprised on hearing about the traitor. Then again, I could be terrible at de

Sign in to comment in this discussion.