Will We See Tyrion Again (Episodes 4-6)?

For anyone who's seen the TV series (or read the books) we know Tyrion has a trial, demands trial by combat, his champion dies but Jamie frees him and he kills Shae and Tywin.

Episode 2 has officially phased into the HBO Season 4, and will likely last for the remainder of that season.

I do wonder if we'll get a scene where Mira visits Tyrion in prison, sort of like a final farewell between the two, as he was my favourite character in Kings Landing. Tyrion's role in Mira's storyline will probably become increasingly diminished at this point, probably.

Who's knows, maybe we'll see him again when Telltale releases its own Season 2 of the game, I just hope that decree he left (which I chose not to burn) will still be of some use. I get the feeling that he'll still be around in Kings Landing for the remainder of the game, though theres probably not much he can really do for Mira at this point.

What do you guys think, will we see Tyrion again beyond episode 3?

Comments

• I don't think Mira will visit him in his prison cell, but that's probably the only place she will be able to see him.

• edited April 2015

Visiting Tyrion? No, from the books we know exactly who visited him before the trial, and there's no space for Mira there unless you start throwing canon away. After the trial it's even worse.

The most I can see happening is that Mira gets the chance to be a part of Tyrion's trial to try and get into Cersei's good graces, so we might catch a glimpse of him there.

The decree, on the other hand, is most likely going to have some impact.

• Probably not, I think we have seen the last of Tyrion in the game. I can see Queen Cersei being used more in future episodes, but Tyrion's role is done.

• The game is canon to the show...

Klionheart posted: »

Visiting Tyrion? No, from the books we know exactly who visited him before the trial, and there's no space for Mira there unless you start t

• Darn, does this imply that the show isn't canon to the books?

It seems to be, in-game and up to the point I watched the show, but since that's just the end of Season 1(I know, I know...there's plenty of stuff I need to catch up with...), I guess things may change later. Would be disappointing though :(

The game is canon to the show...

• Seems possible to meet him in court at least. Maybe we even have to testify against him. Maybe we have to fight against a plot that would link us to him.

• You would be disappointed if the show wasn't the exact same as the books and was an actual unique experience?

Darn, does this imply that the show isn't canon to the books? It seems to be, in-game and up to the point I watched the show, but since t

• edited April 2015

Not necessarily.

I have nothing against book/movie adaptations...cutting little things, filling gaps, even replacing and/or fusing together characters can work if done well and keep the spirit of the story.
    What I can't stand are changes that directly go against something established in the original story.

Tyrion enjoying some female company in Winterfell isn't in the books, but makes sense for him and helps establish his character, so I don't complain about seeing it in the series' first episode.

Ramsay being a caring and loving husband for Lady Hornwood would make me stop watching the series immediately and burn anything that I used for it :D

Tyrion having random visits while awaiting trial isn't quite in the same league as the latter, but would still go directly against the story. He only had a few very specific visitors, none of which he asked for. I wouldn't rage because of it but...it would be disappointing, yes.

AgentZ46 posted: »

You would be disappointed if the show wasn't the exact same as the books and was an actual unique experience?

• I think its possible to see Tyrion again, not as Mira but Asher instead since he does flee to westeros in season 5, so it is very possible that it might happen

• I wouldn't count on it. Perhaps if Mira sticks around KL long enough to see Tyrion's trial or the Oberyn vs Mountain fight.

• Well i dont want to talk to Tyrion anymore... The crown already suspects us for murder a guard and now be linked to a traitor?

• The show is Not canon to the books. Up until the end of season 1 they are very close though. After that they diverge more and more.
    There are just too many storylines and characters in the books to adapt them as is, into 10 hours of TV a season.

Sorry to burst your bubble friend. There are definately reasons to continue watching though. And there are a Lot of great scenes adapted straight from the books.

I think of them as alternate universes. Which works for me, but there are times when it's hard to keep the subtleties of the 2 different stories straight. :)

Darn, does this imply that the show isn't canon to the books? It seems to be, in-game and up to the point I watched the show, but since t

• Wait, so is the game then canon to the books or the TV series?

Arya_Stupid posted: »

The show is Not canon to the books. Up until the end of season 1 they are very close though. After that they diverge more and more. There a

• I don't think its possible to testify against Tyrion, though it will be interesting to see how Mira will be treated for being linked to Tyrion.

It would be cool if Mira was present during his trial, but then again she is technically only a handmaiden so it doesn't seem likely, plus I doubt the game would just copy and paste a precise moment from the TV series.

Like how when that hell spawn Joffrey died, we see it firsthand in the TV series (most satisfying moment ever), but in the game while he still dies we don't see it though we are near by to it, maybe the same will be done for his trial.

Mira probably won't be present in the courtroom but will be informed of its proceedings from an alternate perspective I suppose.

It was nice having Tyrion around while it lasted, right now I'm completely terrified of Cersei (I still have the decree) since she'll probably be a little mentally unstable from Joffrey's death, so I'd like to avoid her as much as I can and my relationship with Margaery is at an all time low (thankfully Sera is still on my side, for now).

• The game is canon to the Show universe.

Harian96 posted: »

Wait, so is the game then canon to the books or the TV series?

• I think it's possible if during the trial if anything, but then again it's not he would personally get involved in Mira's role in that. If anything, it'll be Cersei who tries to get Mira to testify against him.

And I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing him in a Season 2, there's not a likely chance of us following him to Essos.

• I imagine Mira may visit him once or twice. Maybe even run into Jaime Lannister on the way (That would be interesting to see).

Sign in to comment in this discussion.