Gwyn is lying about the Traitors

Am I the only one in the majority that thinks that Gwyn is just spewing a load of bullshit?

She may have been a lover of Asher, but she looks suspicious when she says "You have a traitor in your Small council."
And the part where she says "Make Gryff act like as if he's in control." Now that is just slapping the final Bullshit level of suspicion.

Look at this picture, and see how she looks at you.
Alt text

Honestly I think she is saying that we have a Traitor in our Council is to let our guard down, and then she's going to get Whitehills to attack while our Guard is down.

And I know she told us that to let Gryff in control to let his guard down, but if we did. We would get our Guard down aswell.

Gwyn is a fucking lying piece of shit, Period.

Comments

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited April 2015

Gwyn is a piece of garbage. I will smite her lying ass.

Alt text

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

Her info matches whatever plan you say. Someone's leaking info.

• edited April 2015

She could be lying about how she knows our Plans aswell.
    If she does know she would've told us our plans right infront of our face. I can tell she was forced to lie to Rodrik. You can see it in her eyes and her facial expression.

I fail to see how Duncan, or Ser Royland could betray or be a traitor.

Lord Gregor has known Duncan for ages ever since Duncan was his squire, he trusted him with his life.

Ser Royland is very loyal and would do anything to keep this House alive. It makes sense since he was training Soldiers since Lord Gregor was the new lord.

Lady Elaena seems abit suspicious, to be honest.

But Maester Ortengryn however, I don't see how he could be a traitor, I mean he was a Maester since the beginning. And he has been healing everyone in the House, sure he may have been silent for the past couple of Episodes. Probably 6 or 3 lines.
    But that doesn't mean he is a Traitor.

So, Gwyn is spewing bullshit cofirmed.

• She did told the exact plans at the council,and that's a solid fact the information was leaked,so Gwyn does told the truth about the existence of a traitor.

She could be lying about how she knows our Plans aswell. If she does know she would've told us our plans right infront of our face. I can t

• So because you don't believe that a MAESTER who is unhappy with being with the Forrester's because of his assignment could betray you.

She could be lying about how she knows our Plans aswell. If she does know she would've told us our plans right infront of our face. I can t

• I have thought about this a lot but I in the end, I don't really think that she's lying. If there was no traitor, how would the Whitehills know about the Forrester's plan to attack Highpoint?

• I agree with you, I think she's full of shit. But I think either way she would be trying to get you to submit. The Whitehills can beat the Forresters in a ground war, but they would rather not lose men. They're trying to beat the Forresters without a real fight, and Gwyn is just doing her part.

• I honestly never understood how submitting to Gryff would have helped. Gryff has never owned any lands, never ruled so he has no idea how to rule Ironrath. Making him think he has control over the situation will make him do crazy things, similar to what happened to Joffrey once he was in charge of King's Landing. I didn't submit to Gryff and he looked pretty scared over the possibility that he may never truly be able to rule Ironrath and its people.

• edited April 2015

If he thinks you've submitted you appear to be less of a threat which means he'll drop his guard and you can operate more freely. If there is the slightest chance that Gwyn will actually help it's worth the sacrifice of appearing weak.

I honestly never understood how submitting to Gryff would have helped. Gryff has never owned any lands, never ruled so he has no idea how to

• I thought the meeting with her was rather strange. She talked a lot but told us almost nothing. I don't understand where here motivation to help and to betray her own family comes from, except a flimsy: "I want no more bloodshed." - Aha. But why? Is it Westeros Compassion Day yet again? Or maybe Love Your Rival Family Week? Also her plan to bring peace wasn't really a plan, more of a you've-already-lost-don't-make-it-worse-advice.

However, I would approve if she was a liar or has a yet unknown, selfish agenda. It would come as a surprise and it would feel like something GRRM would do. But I have a feeling we won't get anything like this...

• Well i think i have the answer: she wants to help us because the plot demands it XD

rousseau posted: »

I thought the meeting with her was rather strange. She talked a lot but told us almost nothing. I don't understand where here motivation to

• She has two big possible reasons to want the end to bloodshed. Firstly she might still care for Asher and not want her loves family massacred. Secondly she has been caring for Ryon and may have developed a compassionate relationship with him.

I thought the meeting with her was rather strange. She talked a lot but told us almost nothing. I don't understand where here motivation to

• The small council made up a plan, she knows the exact plan. Please tell me your theory about how she found that out if not trough a traitor.
    It could be everyone from the council. There had been bigger and less suspicious traitor in GoT already and c`mon, who wouldnt betray a house which is about to fall apart?

• Well, the chances are most likely higher that an angry fourthborn son is doing stupid things like killing some Forresters than a fourthborn son who thinks he is in control of everything and can make his pig father happy & proud.

I honestly never understood how submitting to Gryff would have helped. Gryff has never owned any lands, never ruled so he has no idea how to

• And maybe she cares about her family as well. Fighting a war, no matter how big it is, inherit the possibility of death on both sides.

• Submitting to Gryff makes him feel like he's in control. Like you said, that is dangerous, but also its a time waster until Asher arrives with his sellsword army.

• Of course! I'm not saying I don't see any reasons at all. But for me it would be a disappointment if Gwyn is exactly the friendly, peaceable woman she seems to be. She casually gives away a crucial advantage over the Forresters, just like that. How can she be sure, what Rodrik will do with this information? Rodrik might have turned into a vengeful, cruel man due to his near death. He might use the spy as a double agent or to feed the Whitehills fatal misinformation. He might take terrible revenge for all the humiliation, once his House is strong and united again. And her brother is in a more dangerous position than before, because as of now the Whitehills will know nothing about Rodrik's next moves. She even tells you about the traitor if you make clear that you despise her father and show no readiness to make peace.

Sure, it's implied that Gwyn is something like the black sheep of her family or maybe she just believes in the idea of eternal peace, alright. But this kind of altruistic behaviour is just not what I for my part would have expected to see in an ASOIAF game.

Dwainxx posted: »

And maybe she cares about her family as well. Fighting a war, no matter how big it is, inherit the possibility of death on both sides.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.