I'm Done Kneeling, I'm fighting back, no matter what.

When you play the Game of Thrones, you either win or you die. Well, I am almost certainly going to die. I went into this game knowing that I would need to submit to people to get my way later, and I did at first. I told Cersi what she wanted to hear, I showed hospitality to Ramasy Snow, I even kissed Lord Whitehills ring. That all went out the window in Episode 3. It first started in Mira's chapter. It was going well, when Margery started talking about replacing me for wanting to help my family. At that moment, I didn't even care if I got sent home. I was going to do whatever it takes to get my family money. It than escalated in Rodrick's chapter. I wasn't going to put up with Gryff. When I went to the meeting place, I said I wanted peace. If they had just left us, I may have even kneeled to Gryff. But as soon as they started making fun of Ethan, I went ballistic. I would not yield, I kept getting up when Gryff pushed me down. I will get revenge no matter what the cost. And things went crazy in Garred's chapter. I took my vows, and said I would never kill a brother. If the man who murdered my family had just kept his mouth shut, nothing would have happened. He just had to start talking. I didn't hesitate to push him off that wall. I will never be taken advantage of again. At the rate I'm going, things aren't going to end well. But at least I'm going down with a fight.

Comments

• edited April 2015

I'm Done Kneeling, I'm fighting back, no matter what.

This is what I said to myself last episode, and the episode before that.

I've come to realize that I'm just a pussy and no matter what I do I'll be fucked over in the end ;__;

• Gareth's chapter.

The cannibal?

• Sorry, I was thinking of Walking Dead when I was writing this.

Gareth's chapter. The cannibal?

• edited April 2015

As the quote goes "In the game of thrones either you win or you lose there is no middle ground."

The game of thrones is just a jest in itself about playing your cards right. Folding until you get a better hand may be the best bet in the Forresters's situation who knows?. Maybe standing up with a bad hand at the wrong time may not be a good idea in later episodes if you lose something from it.

Maybe but most likely as the resent TTG games show your choices don't mean jack shit but 1-2 dialogues differences. There is no threat to your consequences so you might as well stand up to the Whitehills. TTG games are not as complex as people think. Ever since TWD S2 and TWAU it pretty much has been TTGs say and do whatever you please cgi movie. Only game now is QTE's.

The story plots are descent but its getting to the point where you should just watch it with no commentary on youtube. Part of the problem is shorter 2 hour episodes don't leave enough content to show the impact of your choices.

• OP, exactly what has happened in my play through 'style'. No more Mr Nice Guy.

• edited April 2015

I don't know. I feel like everything so far has been a giant test. Fighting back and being proud hasn't had negative consequences thus far and in this last episode, they were practically DARING us to smash a cup in that guard's face. Daring us to stand up every time we were knocked down. And they made it feel SO right compared to staying down, which felt crappy. Something about the heavy-handedness of this in this recent episode makes me think that fighting may actually have a serious consequence down the line compared to playing the long game and "giving in".

• Totally agree

Rynna posted: »

I don't know. I feel like everything so far has been a giant test. Fighting back and being proud hasn't had negative consequences thus far a

• Exactly what I did

Alt text

• Try making a game with enough budget that changes things depending on every single decision you make. I understand what you mean and Telltale do need to have more impacting decisions or at least a better illusion of choice, but you can't fault them for not having different scenarios at every turn.

Also what do you mean shorter 2 hour episodes? If anything this is the average length of time, considering TWDS2 and TWAU had hour and a half long episodes at best. TWD had 2-3 hour long episodes.

Lee4ever posted: »

As the quote goes "In the game of thrones either you win or you lose there is no middle ground." The game of thrones is just a jest in it

• Hell yeah, that's the spirit! This game is unlike the play styles I have in other TT games. I'm nice and always want peace, but in GOT people just keep pushing and that means an ass needs to be kicked.

• I made the opposite choices. In the first two episodes I was completely defiant with everyone but Mira, and then in episode 3 I didn't punch the dude or get up a third time as Rodrik. I'm going to stay the course with Mira.

• The only reason why I submitted to those Whitehills, it is because I did it for my family's safety and most importantly Talia's safety.

• edited April 2015

Being smart is the better option sometimes, yeah it's great for your 'pride' you got up, but what did that amount to exactly ? It pissed them off even more and what if he beat you (& others) up and further injury happened ? Rodrik is in no condition to take a beating. I liked that Talia bit him but I would also tell her to try her best not to get in trouble like that anymore. There is a time to use your head and there is a time to shout pride or whatever and fight back.

• same here, no more mr niceguy. fukkem all.

• What's the point of tilting at windmills, really? What exactly can bold Rodrik achieve, without getting his family killed? Does his own pride or haughtiness are more important than house Forrester's future? Just stop with this "better die with your head up than live on the knees" bullshit. I assume it feels good to fight back and all, but in game of thrones those haughty, self-righteous lordlings die very first. Only alive ones take the revenge.

But yeah, it's just the game, do whatever you want.

• Alt text

fallandir posted: »

What's the point of tilting at windmills, really? What exactly can bold Rodrik achieve, without getting his family killed? Does his own prid

• I think people tend not to worry about it because so far, there hasn't been a consequence. If somebody had died due to the choice of being bold earlier, people wouldn't be so gung ho. This is also a Telltale game, and Telltale games have a history of not having the story branch out to an enormous extent. People feel like even if they don't play it smart and do what is probably the less intelligent move, they'll end up in pretty much the same place as those who backed down no matter what AND they'll be able to feel good about not giving in.

This is why I'm hoping an actual real consequence will come out of being bold and prideful in this game. If it continues where there's no consequence, all the build up and tension would have been for nothing. There'd be no reason to ever pick the choice to kneel and wait it out when you can go balls to the wall cool with no bad effects.

fallandir posted: »

What's the point of tilting at windmills, really? What exactly can bold Rodrik achieve, without getting his family killed? Does his own prid

• Agreed, I hope this particular choice will have a little more meaning in the future, with something else than different dialoque option.

Rynna posted: »

I think people tend not to worry about it because so far, there hasn't been a consequence. If somebody had died due to the choice of being b

• Potassium.

TheFurryOne posted: »

k.

• I was lenient in the first two episodes more than not, but I chose not to kiss the ring in episode two. However, I didn't fight in episode three. I got so fed up with Margaery, who is STILL no help to Mira, so I've decided to find a way to help my family on my own. Whether you talk to Tyrion or not, she still excludes you from helping her getting ready for the wedding and talks about finding a replacement, so whatever. Bowing down to her isn't worth the effort anymore, as far as I'm concerned. Rodrik is walking on hot coals right now and I'm listening to Gwyn in hopes that she is being honest. If not, at least I'm not getting my face punched in as much as I would if I had fought. There's a time and place for everything, as they say... The time to fight back will come.

• *go-tassium

choircorgis posted: »

Potassium.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.