Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• I'm least worried about Kieron, Nick's magic would ruin him. Emily and Azaria could get him with an arrow, but Nick is quick. Gren would be ruined, if Bigby could beat Gren than so could Nick...

I already know who it is that will 'kill' Nick...

Tetra posted: »

This is why I stated almost impossible XP

• Max you foolish man. You have stepped into a group of people I'm not sure you have the power to control at this moment....but Kieron and Azaria are indeed two forces to watch out and avoid when angry! I'm waiting for one of them to just explode and DESTROY! lol

I feel so bad for Hans and chuckled when the front dest assistant explained the situation just because he was so calm; had the little boy tugging on his clothes, this lady telling him obvious bs about his wife and he's just so understanding. Oh Hans....you loveable oaf, you. XD It broke my heart, though; can hear the devestation in both of their voices as they speak. Alice, though and this kitten-that cat is really expanding his personality and I'm not sure if I should love or hate him more....love. I shall love him!

This is getting REALLY good and look forward to more! This was a wonderful read for a break from this hell homework. XD XD

Why War? In the real world... "Dad can we go see mommy?" A little boy said Hans picked him up. "I don't see why not. Let's go."

• Oh Max and Kieron will have words at some point ;) Although I will say that both Alice and Azaria are being pushed to the limits, Alice the most since she summoned forces right in front of Max.

Hans for this act will have a bigger role, along with a small appearance of Luke and Bigby to help him out as well. See this is where I was unsure because it's been a while since I've played TWAU and I never knew how Hans was so I just made him calm and collected, I figured he'd need to be at this point. I'm glad I did that right then! :3 The kitten is odd, at first I just wanted him to be around to show Kieron certain images of his friends dying or of himself dying but then everyone was saying how they have this weird bond and so I comepletely changed the kittens role to start showing Kierons back story as well as build trust and friendship among the, for now, three friends. And also like you said give the kitten a personality of its own :)

I'm glad I could help you on your break from that hell of homework man! :D

pudding_pie posted: »

Max you foolish man. You have stepped into a group of people I'm not sure you have the power to control at this moment....but Kieron and Aza

• For someone being pushed to her breaking point, Alice seems to be well adjusted but it takes just that one push to send a person into madness. I'm waiting for it....

As far as TWAU, I was hoping Hans would be there more then just those couple of seconds; based off of what you've posted, you got him down pretty well. Even in a moment of bullshit, he was chiil and collected. :3 I'm glad you did change the kitten's role and he has a larger part in this. BTW, does he have a name or shall it be just 'kitten'? Either way, I love him! :D

Not a problem, man. Just one more month and I'll be graduating from this hell! XD XD

Oh Max and Kieron will have words at some point Although I will say that both Alice and Azaria are being pushed to the limits, Alice the mo

• I always wondered why he was there for like two seconds and never showed up at the trial either to also yell at Bigby along with the others lol. Awesome so I'll keep Hans the way he is then. :) That's a good point actually maybe I'll name him Kitty lol XD I should probably start thinking of a name soon XD

Hey that's pretty awesome man! I'll be on my second year in one month! :D

For someone being pushed to her breaking point, Alice seems to be well adjusted but it takes just that one push to send a person into madnes

• Glad you liked it :) I've been dying to write this chapter; Even from the beginning, my mind shipped them really hard and I couldn't wait to write a romance scene between the two. Tobias has a lot to do with things, though no one will know until it's explained.

I try to capture the time period as well as I can; It's hard sometimes, you have to remember that the culture is different, plus it's also in England and the language isn't always the same and they don't use the same expressions as Americans.

Yes, this is a very foreboding line. Things are going to go down hill, fast. You'll see.

I've done the same thing >.< Accidently pressing certain buttons on the keyboard sends you back a page and then I'm like "ALL MY HARDWORK IS DOWN THE TOILET!" At least I wrote this part in docs; The second part will be up either today or tomorrow, depending on if I go shoe shopping or not XD

This was a nice little change for both Belinda and Johnathan. Johnathan trying to defend what he can against Mirah is something noble and he

• So many German words but in a good way. You and Pie, from what I can remember, are the only two to either write or add sentences in another language. I think the portrayl of Bigby was getting to the point of his 'old' days but not quite there. I was expecting him to either attack or be a bit more menacing; he appeared to be giving Gertraud (what a name!) and her pal a warning, which is fine for a warm up but I was expecting Bigby to just TAKE them! LOL But that would be too violent maybe.

Other than that, I loved this chapter. It's like History class but with action and more thrills! Also, I forget Australia has a really heavy ban on certain games....harsh. :(

Chapter 5: Der Wolf kommt-REVISED EDITION. “Where are we going?” she asked. “One of my hunting cabins.” I answered “I have one only kn

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited April 2015

The kids loved ketchup but nothing like Viviana. She was too much like her papa Georgie and sure enough, ate every last drop.

LMFAO! I can relate to this because I do it, too. I always forget you gave Georgie the ketchup loving trait (goes great with those chips XD) and I'm pretty sure Katie or Junior was like that, too. Glad to know its a Porgie trait! :D

Junior with the cornbread made my day. I love how Emily even blamed poor little Puddles! Haha! My Robert got blamed, too. Although, I can't blame her. He's bad about taking 'test' tastes from meals. Emily is too cute. Although she looks like Georgie, she is beginning to act more like Lyla. :3

"The key to success as an Alpha is one thing: certainty. Without this, everything falls and you lose all self control of the world around you. You must feel, understand and learn with both your mind and heart. Open your eyes. Look around but be cautious at the same time. Strength and superiority do come in handy but not everything that makes an Alpha

I really liked this and what Thomas had to say. I agree with him in the idea that strength and being strong CAN help you but its not always about that. The mind and being aware of your surroundings. That will indeed take these two far. I love the description you gave with this; the fight scene with Thomas and Gren, Emily participating in this as well. Shit! She is powerful with that Bow and arrow! I love the Ivy and vine leaves sprouting from her body and becoming one with Gren, as he has the Earth element.

I thought for certain Liam was going to get crushed! Seems like both Gren and Emily tap deep into their powers when trouble is near but I also agree (again) with Thomas when he states they need to place that thought in their mind, for danger will not always happen and their powers will not be triggered. I swear, you need to write a book on Grendels and now Wood Elves, man! :D

Poor Vivian! Although, that one part:

Vivian began to panic as she could feel Emily slipping away from her grasp and into a world she knew so little of.

Hmm. I have an idea about this. I'll PM you and see if I'm right or not. Would hate to spoil anything.

Robert noticed this and with his head held high, did nod as a response. Maybe all hope was not lost for his ego-driven brother

I have a feeling Carla's grasp on him is making Robert feel this way. YES, my Robert CAN be a dick sometimes and lose his freaking mind but in the end, family is what matters and he loves Gren. I hope to God he can come out of this trance and warn both Gren and Emily of Carla's ability. But, that sadly is too easy and you LOVE to toy with our emotions. (no offense) lol

This is really getting good! I love where you are going with all of this. I'd like to know more about Michelle, too; the PM you left with her description has me wondering not just what in the hell DID go on with her!

EDIT: OH! And this...when were you going to show me THIS picture? http://i.imgur.com/JvoXbT5.jpg?1 This is freaking precious! Was it another commission? ALSO, have you read the latest page to the Wolf Among Us comic?? :D :D

Michelle and Ethan arrived to Gren and Emily's home, just as Junior slips through the glass and sneaks a cooked piece of cornbread from the

• edited April 2015

The moment when you hear the Ghostbusters theme song on one of your favorite radio stations in the drive back from college:

Alt text

Now that my recent moment has been said, I'll be reading your lovely chapters in the following future to come.

• Love that song! I wanna watch that movie now....lol

The moment when you hear the Ghostbusters theme song on one of your favorite radio stations in the drive back from college: Now that my recent moment has been said, I'll be reading your lovely chapters in the following future to come.

• Who wouldn't want to watch it after they hear it? XD The movie's seriously going to live on forever - you can count on it.

JJwolf posted: »

Love that song! I wanna watch that movie now....lol

• Totally agree with you on that. My children's children's children WILL know about Ghostbusters! :D

Who wouldn't want to watch it after they hear it? XD The movie's seriously going to live on forever - you can count on it.

• Oh man I agree with you all and then some. Little Emily WILL know about Ghostbusters and why its marvelous. She'll be a fan, just like mommy and daddy. :D LOVE that freaking movie.

The moment when you hear the Ghostbusters theme song on one of your favorite radio stations in the drive back from college: Now that my recent moment has been said, I'll be reading your lovely chapters in the following future to come.

• LMAO It was a request from a watcher over on my Tumblr and wanted to see Georgie as such. I WAS going to show you but damn! XD Nah, jk. And no I have not read it but I hear Georgie FINALLY makes his apperance in it. :)

Glad you like the story too, btw. :D

The kids loved ketchup but nothing like Viviana. She was too much like her papa Georgie and sure enough, ate every last drop. LMFAO!

• edited April 2015

Last year we introduced an R-18 rating allowing such games as Mortal Kombat to enter Australia.

I am glad that you believe my portrayal of Bigby to be adequate.

EDIT- I have revised my previous chapter.

MasterStone posted: »

Firstly, I think you did well portraying old schooln Bigby, which is always a win for me. And once again impressive writing, I think I'm learning a thing or two lol. I heard some games are banned in Australia? Mortal Kombat for example.

• Shit's stirring up and it's in both worlds!

We've got scientists with the power in the real world, and soldiers following orders in Wonderland... What could possibly make this any better?! XD

I await more dude! XD

Why War? In the real world... "Dad can we go see mommy?" A little boy said Hans picked him up. "I don't see why not. Let's go."

• edited April 2015

Again you dazzle me with graceful fight scenes and stellar description!

But I do have a gripe: Can we please learn more about this Hunter of yours?! We know so little of him already, it's hard to place a mental image in my head...

Chapter: 4 Verlassen da. Once the life of the soldier finally ebbed away did I draw my dagger from his neck. Putting the dagger back int

• edited April 2015

I was sceptical about my portrayal of Bigby.

Thought he was to.......accommodating. I wrote it so the story so it could have some exposition for the sake those whom have yet to read Fables or unlocked all entries in the Wolf among Us. In hindsight, though, that was a bad idea. I might edit it later.

Glad you liked the chapter.

I made it extra large for a large character.

EDIT-I have revised the chapter.

So many German words but in a good way. You and Pie, from what I can remember, are the only two to either write or add sentences in another

• (You didn't send me that PM btw, so I still have no idea who Jonathon, Belinda and Mirah are, nor what they look like...)

Regardless, you really can write good romance! The love scene was getting a little steamy for the thread, but I didn't really care because it was sweetly done and all in good taste :)

I can't shake the feeling of dread when Belinda feels that this moment will be short lived, because it's like Bigby and Snow all over again...

EMMYPESS posted: »

I took the stars from our eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back, Then I heard your heart beating, yo

• Corruption is everywhere!!! XD

Next part will be up tonight XP

HazzatheMan posted: »

Shit's stirring up and it's in both worlds! We've got scientists with the power in the real world, and soldiers following orders in Wonderland... What could possibly make this any better?! XD I await more dude! XD

• Well I liked it!

I don't really know what to say, at the moment there is no clear development of the story, it's just one fight to the next with a little in-between, but every story is told differently so I will see where this goes :)

You got 'old Bigby' close to spot on, my only criticism is this:

“I mean you no harm as long as you do not unto I”

That doesn't sound like anything Bigby would ever say, old or new. I would expect him to ask who they were as they were strangers in HIS forest...

Sounds like Alfred and Gertraud will be entering the mundane world soon... I wonder how they'll adapt :P

Chapter 5: Der Wolf kommt-REVISED EDITION. “Where are we going?” she asked. “One of my hunting cabins.” I answered “I have one only kn

• I intend to write a couple of chapters involving him reminiscing.

All will be revealed in time....

Alt text

Glad you enjoy the fight scenes

Again you dazzle me with graceful fight scenes and stellar description! But I do have a gripe: Can we please learn more about this Hunter of yours?! We know so little of him already, it's hard to place a mental image in my head...

• I will be asleep by then, so I shall read it tomorrow morn' :D

Corruption is everywhere!!! XD Next part will be up tonight XP

• I know, I have since revised it.

I think I am not taking enought time off between chapters to thoroughly think it through.
    I need to take my time :)

Glad you enjoyed it, I have already revised the previous chapter.

Well I liked it! I don't really know what to say, at the moment there is no clear development of the story, it's just one fight to the ne

• There isn't much point in revising the past, just make sure you don't make the same mistakes for the future. We just post up and move on here, users like Pie have been writing for several months, he can;t afford to revise a previous chapter because he has enough story to tell already...

You do write and post very quickly, maybe taking a bit more time is a good idea :)

I know, I have since revised it. I think I am not taking enought time off between chapters to thoroughly think it through. I need to take my time Glad you enjoyed it, I have already revised the previous chapter.

• edited April 2015

Thank you.

This has been a wake up call.

Expect an extra long chapter in the coming days.

EDIT-Chapter 6 was going to be extra long but I decided to cut it short for the sake of an adequate end to the chapter.

There isn't much point in revising the past, just make sure you don't make the same mistakes for the future. We just post up and move on her

• Well that display of power scared me! Emily and Gren had no idea what they were doing, and I'm sorry but it was all the quad's fault that shit escalated (I love placing the blame in situations like that :P)

Nick will be an interesting teacher... I had weird mental battle after reading Gren's fight with Thomas, in which Gren thinks he has learned enough about being an Alpha to beat Nick in a straight up fight, but no such luck as he hasn't learned yet XD

I look forward to what comes next! XD

Michelle and Ethan arrived to Gren and Emily's home, just as Junior slips through the glass and sneaks a cooked piece of cornbread from the

• it's all new for them and its true; Liam did get in the way and sent both of them in a state of panic but that is where the other teachers will come in...:)

He and Gren will indeed argue because Gren feels like he's learned enough but in reality, he & Emily (especially Gren) has a lot of learning left. Nick looks forward to seeing his old pal Ems, though. :3

I hope you do too, man. :D

Well that display of power scared me! Emily and Gren had no idea what they were doing, and I'm sorry but it was all the quad's fault that sh

• Still, the quads are just SOOO adorable!! XD

I really can't wait for his introduction, and his links to everyone!

I imagined the fight going like this (I don't plan on writing short stories to every one of your reply comments btw)

A shirtless Nick turns and walks away from a sweat covered Gren in his true form, Gren roars "I'm ready, Nick!"

Nick smirks and chuckles as he stops, but doesn't turn around "Really?" Nick turns around "Well come at me then"

Gren is a little shocked as Nick walks towards him "You think you're ready then face me, put me down in the dirt like the bitch I am, or maybe I should convince Emily what a real man is?"

Gren roars as he charges at Nick, Nick dodges to side and takes out Gren's legs with his own, he jumps on top of the beast and wrenches both arms behind his back as they flail to remove Nick. Nick plants his booted heel to the back of Gren's head and mushes it into the grass and dirt.

Emily draws her bow to assist her husband, but Nick spares a hand to snatch it from her and shove her to the ground. Nick twists Gren's other arm and forces his head into the floor even harder, Gren eventually taps out...

Nick jumps off and refuses to help Gren up, though he does help up a clearly pissed Emily.

it's all new for them and its true; Liam did get in the way and sent both of them in a state of panic but that is where the other teachers w

• I'm beginning to think Nick LOVES pushing Gren's button and its material like this that makes writing fun. :D Using emily as a source to agrivate Gren is a great method. Nick in the end does it because he wants to see them succeed. Or, at least something in that direction. XD

Nick is awesome in this and I hope you'll like what I have in store for his help in the training. :) No, he won't go easy on either Emily, Gren or even the quads.

Still, the quads are just SOOO adorable!! XD I really can't wait for his introduction, and his links to everyone! I imagined the fight

• Nick will push buttons if necessary :P

He does want them to succeed, and if that means physically proving that they're not ready yet, then so be it. That being said, Nick is an unfair opponent because they will never beat him fair and square, but he will know when they're ready for sure!

Also, Nick would love to experience Lyla and Emily (hell, who wouldn't?!) but he knows they're off-limits. The man can dream though! XD

I'm beginning to think Nick LOVES pushing Gren's button and its material like this that makes writing fun. Using emily as a source to agriv

• Oh he'll be doing so. Thomas can not teach them what Nick or Hades can.

Nick will always be strong and someone as Gren or Emily can never truly beat him but if he can help to improve their powers, he'd be more than willing to do so. :)

There is nothing wrong with looking at either Lyla or Emily. Georgie and Gren know their women are attactive. XD

Nick will push buttons if necessary :P He does want them to succeed, and if that means physically proving that they're not ready yet, the

• This is true :)

I've already decided who it is that kills Nick in the end :P A lot of people will, and have, come close, but this one person succeeded...

Nick does more than look in his head XD But like I told you before, he considers Emily like a daughter to him.

Oh he'll be doing so. Thomas can not teach them what Nick or Hades can. Nick will always be strong and someone as Gren or Emily can never

• Why War? Part: Two

Alice and Azaria sat in the room they were thrown in. Alice looked at Azaria.

"You said they were going to hurt him more? What did you mean by that?" She asked

"Alice you should've seen it, he had cuts and stitches all over his body! It was horrifying." She said

"He mentioned that he would be constantly experimented on. Was that part of the experiments?" Alice wondered.

"How long has he been experimented on?" Azaria asked

"Ever since he was first admitted at the hospital which was when he was nine years old so about twelve years." Alice replied

"That's awful. And he's been secluded all these years?" She said

"Not entirely he has had a friend before he taught him how to cook but that's all I know." Alice replied

"I wonder what the experiments were...." Azaria said

"I wonder too..." Alice said

In Kierons mind...

Where am I? He wondered as a flashing white light shined in front of him. When the light dimmed he saw two little kids playing a game. One looked like him but the other he didn't remember...The younger Kieron poked the other little kid.

"You're it!" Little Kieron said

The little kid smirked. "Not for long, the strong will pull through!"

Two women showed up and called their names.

"Kieron C'mon time to go!" A woman in a red cloak said.

The other mother piped in. "C'mon Static time to go!"

Kierons head began to pound, there was a sharp pain in his head. There was another bright light. It was the little boy and his mother.

"Hey Static aren't you worried about what happened to Kieron?" The mom asked

The kid had an expressionless face. "I have no interests in such a thing. He helped kill time. That is all." He said

The mom looked dissapointed and walked out. A silhouette appeared behind the kid. "That's a lie, deep down you yearn to learn of what happened to your dear friend." The silhouette curled his fingers on the kids shoulders. "Although maybe it's for the best. He probably already forgot about you, remember the strong will shall move on." It said.

The kid stood there and smirked as if he'd believed what the silhouette has told him. Kieron began to feel a sharp pain in his head again. He fell to his knees and yet another blinding light. When the light faded he was in a surgery room. Doctors circled the table.

"What shall we experiment with today!" One cackled

"Who knows! Let's just start cutting and see where it goes!" Another cackled and raised a scalpel and slammed it down.

When the one doctor began cutting Kierons body began to hurt, the pain was excruciating. There was blood all over his body he took off his shirt and he saw the cuts on his stomach that had been there for what seemed like years. He fell backwards scared of not only the doctors but his own body. He began to scream at the doctors to stop but he what he really did was sit there and did nothing. How could he? He thought. His body was in pain there was a sharp pain in his head. Why was this happening to him? Why did he never remember this? Why....why did no one help him? He realized the pain was not real. He backed up to a corner and began to sob. Was this what his life was? He couldn't even begin to grasp what he was being shown to him.

"Oh well I guess we'll need to start doing transplants!" A doctor yelled.

Please just...leave me alone...stop...please just stop...he thought to himself.

"Why stop now! We'll just fix you up right! It's what doctors do!" The last one in the circle cried.

Kieron got up and walked over to the table pushing away the doctors...he saw a doll that had Kierons hair with stuffing popping out. Kieron raised his fist and slammed it down on the table snapping it in half. A sharp pain ran through his mind again and a bright light appeared...

Back in the resistance base...

A door was opened. An ogre and a human appeared in front of the door.

"C'mon guys we need to move." the man said while the ogre nodded in agreement.

"Where are we going?" Alice asked

"We have an assignment to do and I'd rather get it done now before we get beaten." The man said while the ogre again nodded.

Alice looked at the man, he had a strong resemblance to prince charming but he looked younger to her. The ogre appeared to have stitches across his neck. She pointed at the ogre.

"Does he talk?" She asked

"No, the work of these asshole and their 'forgiving resistance'" He said mockingly.

Azaria got up and walked out. She wanted to see what was going on with Kieron. As she got to his medical room to her surprise he was there and fine. At least that's what she thought. The kitten was still there as well curled up next to his head. It stretched and stood up, he yawned and then looked at her. He meowed and jumped on her shoulder. He looked toward Kieron and frowned.

"What's wrong little guy?" She asked "What's wrong with Kieron?"

The kitten jumped down and pointed at Kierons chest and made a cutting motion on his chest. He got down and jumped back on her shoulder, he batted her cheek and when they locked eyes she was shown everything that Kieron had just gone through and still is going through. She tried shouting calling his name he did nothing as if he never heard her. She wanted to help him in any way she could but nothing was reaching him...she never felt so powerless in her life since she was a young girl... And then she was shown something different, it was all a blur but she saw a dead body and she didn't know whose it was. She snapped back into reality when Alice was calling her name.

"Hey Azaria stop bugging Kieron and let's get moving!" She said

She shook her head. "Just what are you little guy?" She asked.

The kitten purred. "I should give you a name huh? How about..." She began to think

"Would you like to be called Nyx?" She said

The kitten rubbed her face with his cheek. She picked Nyx up and placed him by Kieron.

"Look after Kieron until I get back okay?" She said

From Nyxs view she looked to be in pain as well. He thought that by showing her what Kieron saw and what he would see was the right thing to do. He decided that he wouldn't do so unless Kieron told him he could. As Azaria left Nyx let out a soft meow to try and comfort her. He then curled up next to Kieron and went back to sleep. He hoped he would wake up soon or things will get even worse now that he had shown another person someone's fate...

That's it! More back story wahoo! Although not very pleasant... Any questions or comments or anything else let me know! :D

• edited April 2015

I require some help.....

I am currently re-reading through Fables trying to find an image of the gateway between the homelands and the mundane world so I have a mental image for the next chapter of my story.

To save me time, can someone please point out to me if such exists and what issue it is in?

I am not asking you to search for me, just if you know.

Thank you

• edited April 2015

When I saw the way you described Rosie's boyfriend, I had a feeling his description sounded oddly similar to that of the Woodsman, and what do ya know? I had the right idea. Good for her and Woody though, it's about time he found a love to, well, love! Instead of him hanging around in Holly's bar pretty much every day. I'm sure Holly would be surprised herself when she sees him and Gren together again! (hey, that rhymed!)

The big day. Time eventually heals all wounds.... Gren and his brothers occupied the bakyard. All four of the kids leaned against the fen

• I like the way you write your fight scenes, it's like I can literally feel the blow each time your Fable hunter hits his opponents. Really well done - I also love the way you've been including a little German here and there, regardless of my minor knowledge of it.

Chapter 3: Wunderbar aber freundlich nicht Oz ist. A weapon from Oz. This was a peculiar item to find in the Black Forest, especially i

• (I'm sorry >.< I hadn't taken the time yet to do so. It's late right now, so first thing tomorrow I'll PM you.)

Thanks :) I enjoy writing romance a little more than fight scenes and bad stuff, but the bad stuff makes the romance stuff even better from time to time.

I've got plans, and they're not too pretty, however in the end, things should be resolved :) Now that you mention it, it DOES seem a little bit like Snow and Bigby's situation; Hopefully they end up with a happy ending. I can't wait until July for the last issue T-T It's so far away!

(You didn't send me that PM btw, so I still have no idea who Jonathon, Belinda and Mirah are, nor what they look like...) Regardless, you

• I had to throw old Woody in here somehow; I noticed not a lot of people took to him and it adds a little difference to the mix. :3 I'm sure Holly's reaction will be similar to the others but that's one less drunken mess she has to look after. XD BTW, that whole rhyme thing had me laughing and don't know why....XD XD

When I saw the way you described Rosie's boyfriend, I had a feeling his description sounded oddly similar to that of the Woodsman, and what

• edited April 2015

I THINK it's because I'm a poet at heart sometimes. ;) Regardless, a good pick with Woody. I personally think he's a very cool character from the game. (and now, comics)

I had to throw old Woody in here somehow; I noticed not a lot of people took to him and it adds a little difference to the mix. I'm sure Ho

Sign in to comment in this discussion.