Anyone care about Joffrey not being shown in 103?

Personally I don't really care because there would be no point in repeating what the show already had. Some people were disappointed at the fact that they didn't see Joffrey die in Episode 3. I just wanted to see where everyone else stands on this. I just wouldn't see the point in repeating the same perspective in the game. To me it would be like if we saw inside of The Twins, but instead we were outside fighting. So, why see the middle of the Purple Wedding, but instead we are not near it. Tell meh your thoughts :P

Comments

• Eh, TellTale just needed an excuse not to make a Joffrey model or give him lines.

• edited April 2015

Ehh I was fine with it and kind of understood it because the actor retired :3

• I prefer it this way showing what the show has already shown is a waste of time why do that when telltale can focus on telling their story?

• the only reason i am disappointed is because now i can't model swap joffery into every single death in both got and borderlands ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• edited April 2015

I'll admit I wanted to see Joffery, just to see how ridiculous his model would have looked.. the only person they did a great job on in the game was Danearys Targaryen don't know if its spelled like that but whatever. Tyrion Lannister was done o.k. as well. I am waiting to see "the Hound" though somehow, if they included that character.

• edited April 2015

Telltale might have teased Joffrey so they could encourage non-TV viewers to get into the show.

It's a marketing technique.

• I was happy to not see this little shit again. And why include him just before his death?
    But I love to see show characters in the game and I hope to see more!

• Watching/Reading about/hearing Dick Joffrey end his wretched existence would never get old for me.

But nah, it's not directly part of the game, the way it was shown in the episode is fine.

• I don't think they would have been able to do that scene and make it anything like the t.v. show way to many people and stuff going on to put it in the game. I was fine with how they handled the wedding.

• O: yus

Jewfreeus posted: »

the only reason i am disappointed is because now i can't model swap joffery into every single death in both got and borderlands ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• I think Tyrion has one of the best models and I also loved how they did Cersei and Daenerys. Ramsay could've been a little better, though, but it definitely had his kind of creepy vibe going on.

Ladariel posted: »

I'll admit I wanted to see Joffery, just to see how ridiculous his model would have looked.. the only person they did a great job on in the

• It would've been a LOT of money to spend just for a few minutes of something we've already seen.

• Not really, it would have been cool to see it, but I can understand Telltale's limitations since I heard the actor retired. Even without it, I still loved the episode, I thought it was the best GOT episode so far.

• I predicted that we wouldn't see anything and I don't mind. This isn't about Joffrey and the focus shouldn't have been on him but on Mira, like it was. Anyone who wants to see the Purple wedding again can watch the Dvds

• Could be that the actor didn't give his likeness to the game. However, the period of time between when Margery says that he's choking and when Tyrion is led away seemed much shorter in the game. Also, I don't recall hearing Cersei yelling either like in the show. I've only see it once though in both the game and show, so I might go back to them and check.

• She did yell in the show. She was screaming at them to grab Tyrion for sure.

Could be that the actor didn't give his likeness to the game. However, the period of time between when Margery says that he's choking and wh

• I'm fine with not seeing him.

The Forresters are not in the fray of the main story of the show, but just revolve around it.

• Telltale can only use ALIVE characters in HBO's Game Of Thrones.
    Joffery, Robb Stark, Cat Stark, was already dead before Telltale signed the contract with HBO.

That's why they can't show him.

You see, when characters die on a show, ex. Joffery, HBO can break their contract with the actor beacuse they don't need him anymore.

• I had enough of him in the books and TV show, no more Joffrey in my life.

• I’m not really disappointed that Joffrey wasn’t in the episode. What got me disappointed was that TT wasted a great chance to use that scene with Pycelle and the handmaiden that would make a bridge from the show to the game.

• Didn't someone say that his actor wasn't going to be acting anymore after playing Joffrey? If so, I guess Telltale couldn't get him to voice-act and thus they had to have Mira and Sera be elsewhere during the wedding.

I personally don't mind.

• I suppose the reason as to why they didn't show the Purple Wedding in great detail mostly comes down to the fact that Joffery's actor, Jack Gleeson, he retired from acting and went college, so getting him isn't an option. Also I don't think reusing voice clips is a good idea, I remember the last game that did that Cough! Rambo the Video game! Cough and it was awful, so no I understand the choice to not center on the wedding. Though to be honest, the only great loss is the fact we can't mod a Joffery model into other games like TFTBL, now that is a loss for the century's.

• We're not gonna be seeing the Hound. There's no reason for any of the characters to go where he currently is in the timeline.

Ladariel posted: »

I'll admit I wanted to see Joffery, just to see how ridiculous his model would have looked.. the only person they did a great job on in the

• Wait, what? He's like, 16, 17, and already retired? fml

Ehh I was fine with it and kind of understood it because the actor retired

• Never seen that scene, but I understood what was happening (lol I think). Perhaps they will go into more detail later in the season on what really happened as to inform Mira (the player), because of her involvement with Tyrion.

• Yeah he retired so he could focus on an academic career.

Daniel354 posted: »

Wait, what? He's like, 16, 17, and already retired? fml

• As (I think) I heard elsewhere, his actor was done with Game of Thrones and wanted to focus more on his personal life/education/etc. I assume that Telltale was not able to get his likeness because of this.

• He did retire from professional acting, but he now owns his own acting theatre. Which, he does star in one of their famous plays.

Yeah he retired so he could focus on an academic career.

• I didn't really care, and I'm not surprised Telltale didn't add it. For non-book readers or non-show watchers, Joffrey is just another name. His death would have zero impact on them and just make the whole scene weird. Also, Jack Gleeson retired from acting. They couldn't get his voice for it anyway.

Daniel354 posted: »

Wait, what? He's like, 16, 17, and already retired? fml

• Why would we see Joffrey? There would be no reason for Mira to be in the same room as Joffrey.

• it wouldn't have made sense for Mira to be there. plus, i liked this better because i was able to practice my skills with that guy.

• I was hoping for that too :)

TMLC posted: »

I’m not really disappointed that Joffrey wasn’t in the episode. What got me disappointed was that TT wasted a great chance to use that scene with Pycelle and the handmaiden that would make a bridge from the show to the game.

• Why would they waste time on making us see something we've already seen.

I'm perfectly okay with it.

• I agree we won't, but during this time wasn't he still in kings landing? Sansa is still there too technically.

We're not gonna be seeing the Hound. There's no reason for any of the characters to go where he currently is in the timeline.

• It was sort of a cop-out, but nah I don't really care. It'd just be another opportunity to emphasize the game's relation to the show, and I hear that Joffrey's actor basically quit acting after GoT. Doubt he'd want to get involved in a minor GoT plot involving his death :P

• He's with Arya right now. He leaves King's Landing at the end of Season 2.

ellatheon posted: »

I agree we won't, but during this time wasn't he still in kings landing? Sansa is still there too technically.

• Except from it isn't

JetLee posted: »

Telltale might have teased Joffrey so they could encourage non-TV viewers to get into the show. It's a marketing technique.

• The characters have their own stories to tell. Why watch a retelling of the same scene in the books and the show?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.