Forrester sword preview episode 4 theory

Do you guys think that's Rodrick lifting the sword in order to execute the traitor from the council. It is in their forest as well, not as if it's inside a room somewhere. Sort of like a ned stark parallel. Thoughts?

Comments

• If realism still works, a cripple barely walking through the courtyard won't be able to lift a two-handed sword, no matter how "epic" it would be.

• He probably will try to use the sword but will fail

fallandir posted: »

If realism still works, a cripple barely walking through the courtyard won't be able to lift a two-handed sword, no matter how "epic" it would be.

• Still, he could try to execute the traitor with his wooden cane.

He probably will try to use the sword but will fail

• Or smack him upside the head with a goblet.

Still, he could try to execute the traitor with his wooden cane.

• Pretty sure Rodrik isn't a Cripple.

Probably by Episode 4, a few months will pass. And then it will show us a Perfectly healed Rodrik.

By then, he could lift a Sword. And beat Gryff's ugly ass face.

If realism still works, a cripple barely walking through the courtyard won't be able to lift a two-handed sword, no matter how "epic" it would be.

• If they somehow magically heal Rodrik (via crazy R'hllor magic or the maesters E.R. skills) I would definitely like to punch Gryff in his goddamn turnip-face. And carve me up some Whitehill Boar.

Pretty sure Rodrik isn't a Cripple. Probably by Episode 4, a few months will pass. And then it will show us a Perfectly healed Rodrik. By then, he could lift a Sword. And beat Gryff's ugly ass face.

• Oh well, a man can dream can't he?

• few months will pass

I wouldn't count on it. A large timeskip would ruin Mira's storyline in Kings Landing, with Tyrion's trial and the Lannister guard missing. We do know that Forresters' stories happen simultaneously - they communicate with each other by super fast raven post.

Pretty sure Rodrik isn't a Cripple. Probably by Episode 4, a few months will pass. And then it will show us a Perfectly healed Rodrik. By then, he could lift a Sword. And beat Gryff's ugly ass face.

• Indeed. I wonder if Garred will be able to supply a huge cache of weapons to the Forresters via The North Grove?

Oh well, a man can dream can't he?

• How? It's north of the wall. They going to tug crates of weapons over the wall?

The North Grove is feeling more and more like a MacGuffin. I just can't imagine how it could be anything that would help the Forresters.

Indeed. I wonder if Garred will be able to supply a huge cache of weapons to the Forresters via The North Grove?

• He's healed a little bit each episode:

Episode 1: Sustains severe injuries, pretty much goes into a coma.

Episode 2: Wakes up, is able to walk.

Episode 3: No longer needs his sling, face has scabbed over slightly.

I'm guessing by episode 4 his left arm will be out of its cast and by episode 5 he'll be walking properly, just in time to fight the Whitehills himself in ep6.

• I think the sword lifting scene is literally like a one minute scene that we do as Rodrik just to see if we can ease back into it. I have a feeling it'll lead to a Rodrik and Ser Royland training session, similar to Bronn and Jaime's in the show.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.