Something I noticed... [Regarding Traitor]

Watch from 45:45 to 45:51

As Duncan is talking about how the Forresters must wait for Asher and Mira, before launching their plan (be it to expel Gryff, or rescue Ryon) the camera pans over to Maester Ortengryn. It shows him listening in, while looking very chary. Considering this is the exact information that is then passed to the Whitehills, I thought this could be a subtle--but very legitimate--hint he is the traitor.

Thoughts?

Comments

• What he does with his eyes, pretty fishy.

• I don't find him suspicious. Though maybe he's just doing this to lessen the casualty in the Forrester's house.

• "Though maybe he's just doing this to lessen the casualty in the Forrester's house"
    -Clem4ever, 2015

I think that's the case no matter who's the traitor. Whitehill men are the "If you do this, I won't do this"-kind (kiss the king for ryon, stay down for safety etc) so I think it's possible that this was just so, like "if you trade information, we won't harm you/the Forresters.

Regarding that, I think Lady Forrester, Dunca, Ortengryn and hell even Talia could be possible. Royland is too straight-forward for this. I think he would not hesitate to die for any Forrester.

Clem4ever posted: »

I don't find him suspicious. Though maybe he's just doing this to lessen the casualty in the Forrester's house.

• For all we know, it could easily be a red herring.

• I dunno. What if it's the Glennmores?

Dalek93 posted: »

"Though maybe he's just doing this to lessen the casualty in the Forrester's house" -Clem4ever, 2015 I think that's the case no m

• This is what I think. Ortengryn is way too obvious and I'll be disappointed if it really is him.

For all we know, it could easily be a red herring.

• I don't know. Maybe he's just listening to the Forresters. He seems like a red herring.

• Eh I still think its the mother. Maester seems like a red herring tbh

• Even thought I gave him the Sentinel status , I suspect him, or Elissa.

• i noticed this too. I think it could be a legitimate hint. I'm not buying into the red herring thing, because I don't want to put too much faith in telltale.

• edited April 2015

http://prntscr.com/6r75aw

Every detail...

• I sorta think Royland....to be honest -.-

I find it suspicious that Gryff didn't do ANYTHING to him...He sits their sorta defending you if you submit to Gryff, but Gryff does NOTHING to him when he talks back, and if you pay attention, the body language is suspicious....

I don't really think that Duncan you do something like that though.....
    Considering his character is someone who is so logical :P

• Something I noticed:

The names Ortengryn and Morgryn have a certain ring. Could they be brothers?

• edited April 2015

It may be too obvious to us, but the Maester has been serving that House for years and has really gotten close with the family. We can't really understand how trustworthy and loyal he appears to be to Rodrik and the other residents at Ironrath. He's a very valued member of the House and it'd be heartbreaking for the Forresters if he was the traitor. Same for all of the candidates.

I'll be disappointed if it really is him.

Heh, I've seen that statement for every candidate (including Lady Forrester). It seems some players are gonna be disappointed no matter who it is.

Rynna posted: »

This is what I think. Ortengryn is way too obvious and I'll be disappointed if it really is him.

• Lol, Rodrik's face.

http://prntscr.com/6r75aw Every detail...

• Would mother open the gate?

• edited April 2015

But we're the ones playing the game, and it shouldn't be the choice that is obvious to us because that's boring. The writers know what hints they've been giving us and they've definitely made the Maester sketchy in a few ways. I'm not sure how the way the game characters feel or whether they'd be surprised matters at all. Sure some people will choose to play it the way they think Rodrik would see it/act but most people will choose to incriminate the traitor choice that seems most obvious to them, since they control the characters.

It may be too obvious to us, but the Maester has been serving that House for years and has really gotten close with the family. We can't rea

• Well, I think that the traitor is Ortengryn too. He was nowhere to be seen at Ethan and Gregors funeral in episode 2. That is suspicious isn't it?

• edited April 2015

I think it's suspicious because he works as the doctor, and would probably have been the one to officially confirm their deaths.

FetchWalker posted: »

Well, I think that the traitor is Ortengryn too. He was nowhere to be seen at Ethan and Gregors funeral in episode 2. That is suspicious isn't it?

• I think it's either him or Lady Forrester. Some say she looked genuinely surprised to find out that there was a traitor in the house, but I didn't tell her. I haven't really trusted her throughout the whole game, which is why I chose not to... If it's her, I'm not totally sure what I'll do. If it's him, he's gonna answer a ton of questions and then deal with the consequences depending on what he tells me.

• Alt text

Lol, Rodrik's face.

• edited April 2015

Eh, forget it. I just like that face.

• I really hope it is not Lady Forrester, as I actually trusted her with this information.
    Quite rashly I decided that she had to be the one person that I could actually trust. Perhaps I have been naive there.

I would love to catch this traitor like Tyrion style, by feeding all the suspects different "secret" information, to see what information finds its way to the Whitehills. That could be so awesome ;o)

• He could just be reacting to the conversation. It's not like he isn't meant to be listening.

• Duncan totally wimps out when you confront gryff and gryff says that he's his dog. I don't think it can be the mother, if you choose to save ryon why would she let the whitehills know? Best bet is ortengryn or duncan.

Gameoid posted: »

I sorta think Royland....to be honest -.- I find it suspicious that Gryff didn't do ANYTHING to him...He sits their sorta defending you i

• every detail like Rodrick's specific wounds. Ortengryn confirmed....

http://prntscr.com/6r75aw Every detail...

• It is Dncan he gets a message to them wether it's white hills Daughter or white hill himself.

• I there way they will die weather it be the mouther or the other three or his sister the trator will be flayed.

• I don't think it's Royland he is too aggressive and hot headed to want to help a enemy, plus the way he is willing to pull out his sword and fight for you (if you let him). Also I think Gryff is hurting Royland by hurting you; as Royland is very resistant Gryff needs a new means of hurting him .E.G hurting you

Gameoid posted: »

I sorta think Royland....to be honest -.- I find it suspicious that Gryff didn't do ANYTHING to him...He sits their sorta defending you i

• It cannot be,why would she f*ck up their chance to save ryon?

Eh I still think its the mother. Maester seems like a red herring tbh

• maybe both are from the Vale, not necessarily brothers or kinsmen.

Something I noticed: The names Ortengryn and Morgryn have a certain ring. Could they be brothers?

• If any of their plans fuck up, Ryon is screwed. She may believe his best chance of surviving is to give the Whitehills what they want for now.

Honzikca posted: »

It cannot be,why would she f*ck up their chance to save ryon?

• I never knew names in the Vale typically ended on "-gryn". But if you say so.

maybe both are from the Vale, not necessarily brothers or kinsmen.

• In the codex, Ortegryn was from the Vale, so yeah

I never knew names in the Vale typically ended on "-gryn". But if you say so.

• i mostly refused the help of every one from kingslanding to ironrath

• But doing that to each one alone would be way too dangerous. 2 each and always interchanging so everyone knows half of the others information.

Malagant posted: »

I really hope it is not Lady Forrester, as I actually trusted her with this information. Quite rashly I decided that she had to be the one

• I knew that. But it doesn't prove that names from people in that region typically end on "-gryn".

In the codex, Ortegryn was from the Vale, so yeah

• Alt text

You can't win the Game of Thrones without some allies.

jumper1809 posted: »

i mostly refused the help of every one from kingslanding to ironrath

• Maybe it's Thalia :P
    For all you know it could be neither of them, i would put my money on the mother however.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.