Did you get back up when ---- knocked you down?

So, I really, really enjoyed episode 3. Especially the moment when Rodrik was punched by Gryff. I kept on getting back up, just to show those Whitehills who's boss. And I think I was right in doing so, since I showed that Forresters still had a fighting spirit. Also, my heart was warmed when the peasants helped me back up.

Comments

• No, I didn't. I trust Gwyn. However, my theory that Lady Forrester is the traitor only became stronger because of it. She contradicts herself constantly by telling her children to be strong and then when the time comes to stand up and fight, she says it's the right thing to do to step down. Something's fishy with her and I don't like it. Even if she isn't the traitor, it's something I find annoying.

• Hell yeah, I will not let the Whitehills continue to bully the Forresters, and I will prove to everyone that Rodrik is not ruined.

• Nope. Better to let the Whitehills think they are in charge. Besides, Rodrik really isn't in any position to act tough and he can't afford to keep doing that. The Forrestors are badly beaten and we have to let the Whitehills think they've won, while slowly biding time to come back. Not to mention that there's the whole thing with the traitor to worry about.

• i stayed down, even though i wanted to get back up. i'd rather seem weak in front of him but keep the family/others strong behind the scenes. even though that drove me insane.

• i also thought it was annoying how he just told her to relax, and then she immediately starts yelling at the soldiers who are mocking ethan, and then tells him to stand down/now is not the time.

choircorgis posted: »

No, I didn't. I trust Gwyn. However, my theory that Lady Forrester is the traitor only became stronger because of it. She contradicts hersel

• edited April 2015

No, I stayed down. It had too much of an Ethan-gate feel, albeit Gryff is nowhere near as crazy as Ramsay and there was very little reason for Rodrik to die there. It also showed tact, I think. Gryff seems really harmless to me. His time will come. Sooner or later.

• I got back up. Although i'm starting to regret it, there will be consequences. But even the Whitehill soldiers noticed Rodrik's bravery, they said "My lord..." to Gryff and had a very serious look about them. Who knows, maybe I put up an example.

• My Rodrik got right back up and looked Gryff straight in the eye. There was no chance I was going to let a fucking fourth-born Whitehill act so high and mighty on the Forresters' own land, and keep myself on the ground like some obedient little pet, even if it was the wiser way to go about things.

• Better to let the Whitehills think they are in charge.

My problem with this is by doing this you're also telling all your vassals the same thing. That you aren't their lord anymore. That you're broken.

torkahn808 posted: »

Nope. Better to let the Whitehills think they are in charge. Besides, Rodrik really isn't in any position to act tough and he can't afford t

• I'm hoping there's a chance to address the small folk separately. There's Not many of them, I feel like it'd be easy to do...

mrkite posted: »

Better to let the Whitehills think they are in charge. My problem with this is by doing this you're also telling all your vassals the same thing. That you aren't their lord anymore. That you're broken.

• I kept getting back up. I actually kept hoping Gryff would go after Talia, just to give Royland the excuse he needs to cut him down.

• And...you just took the words out of my mouth. How could we do that with all the Whitehill soldiers around though?

ellatheon posted: »

I'm hoping there's a chance to address the small folk separately. There's Not many of them, I feel like it'd be easy to do...

• I have no idea! The only thing I can picture is a guerrilla meeting somehow, but it might be hard to spread the word without getting others suspicious. A girl can dream!

And...you just took the words out of my mouth. How could we do that with all the Whitehill soldiers around though?

• Meh. They call them small folk for a reason.

I'm hoping there's a chance to address the small folk separately. There's Not many of them, I feel like it'd be easy to do...

• Agreed, but it's gonna suck if/when they turn their backs on you and start agreeing with the whitehills. Wouldn't surprise me if suddenly the whitehills offer food or gold to people there to turn their backs on the forresters. Then you're left with half a family, a grumpy soldier, and someone who's spying on you, lol

Skiba7671 posted: »

Meh. They call them small folk for a reason.

• edited April 2015

I just had a strange idea. What if we can tell Talia to spread the word to the townspeople at some point? This is after we get the Whitehills out in some way. Maybe we let them all stay in the Great Hall, then while their drunk, the secret meeting takes place with Royland urging you to take action or questioning your bravery, and Duncan either supporting you or not. This is where Rodrik can tell the townspeople that either A: We've given up (lol.) or B:House Forrestor stands tall.

Ok, that sounded better in my head.

I have no idea! The only thing I can picture is a guerrilla meeting somehow, but it might be hard to spread the word without getting others suspicious. A girl can dream!

• Talia is defiant and she knows nothing about anything. I'm not going to follow her example.

• I actually was thinking something similar! Even though we aren't technically still trying to get them trunk it's not like the soldiers aren't still getting wasted, plus they stay inside and the others are left to stay away from the main hall. So maybe there will be a chance toward a secret nighttime meeting where everyone can either be told to have riots android against gryff, or be told to go along with the plan.

I don't know if this would ever happen but it crossed my mind! I'd do it if I was him!

I just had a strange idea. What if we can tell Talia to spread the word to the townspeople at some point? This is after we get the Whitehill

• If they're offered food or gold it's already over. We don't have much of either to spare. =(

Agreed, but it's gonna suck if/when they turn their backs on you and start agreeing with the whitehills. Wouldn't surprise me if suddenly th

• I did, although I was hoping someone would step In and help me while I was getting the crap beat out of me. I just can't stand bowing down to those Whitehills, especially since the son is clearly afraid of Rodrick.

• Why would she betray her own house and put her children in danger?

choircorgis posted: »

No, I didn't. I trust Gwyn. However, my theory that Lady Forrester is the traitor only became stronger because of it. She contradicts hersel

• She may not view it as betraying her own house- In fact, she may see this as the only way to save it. Consider it- Lady Forrester is aware of how terrible a position the Forresters are in. She's at every council meeting. She's there when every decision is made, for both Ethan (RIP) and Rodrik. She may see a secret negotiation with the Whitehills (as in promising not to fight and giving them whatever they want) as a way to keep her family alive. They can beat them all they want, but she only cares that they survive it by the end of the day. Her main goal, as proven by the meeting in the forest during episode three and numerous discussions with her since episode two, is saving Ryon. She will do anything to do it, and I don't doubt that if the Whitehills cornered her and promised her a way out of watching her children die, she would take it.

KCohere posted: »

Why would she betray her own house and put her children in danger?

• Exactly. I don't understand why she even tells them to stand up and be strong when all she does when those moments come is tell them that "now is not the time." Unless she knew better or knows something that we don't, I don't see why standing down would be the best option in all scenarios (some it is, but not always). Unless she just panics when those times come, there has to be something that isn't adding up.

i also thought it was annoying how he just told her to relax, and then she immediately starts yelling at the soldiers who are mocking ethan, and then tells him to stand down/now is not the time.

• edited April 2015

I did, but honestly I regret it now.

The main thing you need to stay alive in Game of Thrones is to be smart, and standing up over and over again isn't the smartest thing. It was a rash decision to try to act tough, which honestly isn't really gonna work for Rodrik.

The smart thing is to bide your time, make the Whitehills feel like they're in control. It's the best chance of keeping everyone safe until Asher and the sellswords come.

Does standing up might help you? Sure. Maybe the Whitehill soldiers will start to abandon Gryff because they know how unstable he is. Maybe the small folk will rally up with Rodrik to help drive the Whitehill forces out. But honestly, it's not the smartest thing to do.

• You know what it was for me? I think I couldn't stand to look weak in front of my little sister. She has the Clementine affect on me, lol. My Forresters are prideful people. Is it smart? Maybe not but I think it will pay off in the end.

I did, but honestly I regret it now. The main thing you need to stay alive in Game of Thrones is to be smart, and standing up over and ov

• I stayed down. Getting back up would have pissed him off even more, he would have hit some other Forrester and I have to think about my health too, Rodrik's in no shape to fight or take a beating. I don't really care about 'letting them think they've won' or whatever, the only reasons I didn't get up - I've said in the previous sentence.

• If you didn't get back up, you are a pathetic coward. Truth.

• edited April 2015

People are already getting hurt and even worse killed. Rolling over does nothing but get you killed in GoT, it isn't selfless or smart. It's simply cowardly.

• You're damned right I did. I promised Gwyn I'd keep the peace, and went as far as not hitting the Whitehills who were mocking Ethan's death. When Gryff threw Talia into the mud, I lost it. I couldn't allow such dishonor, Gryff throwing the weakest member of our house into the mud was disgusting. I punched him in the mouth and stood up every fucking time, I'm glad I did. Gwyn be damned, I learned my lesson to not roll over and play dead.

• No. I want to make the Whitehills continue to think the Forresters are completely weak. It's the same reason I told Gwyn that I would vouch for peace between our houses. I want them to underestimate the house, and strike back when Mira gets the coin and Asher gets an army.

• I get knocked down, but I get up again. You're neeeever gonna keep me down, I get knocked down. But I get up again.

• I made sure Rodrick stayed down, hoping Talia would understand. Besides, Gwyn knows her brother better than I do. I figure I could trust her this one time.

I did, but honestly I regret it now. The main thing you need to stay alive in Game of Thrones is to be smart, and standing up over and ov

• Hear, hear.

HarjKS posted: »

No. I want to make the Whitehills continue to think the Forresters are completely weak. It's the same reason I told Gwyn that I would vouch

• There's a difference between rolling over and being smart. You don't want to aggravate the Whitehills before Asher secures the army, it's not gonna do you any good.

People are already getting hurt and even worse killed. Rolling over does nothing but get you killed in GoT, it isn't selfless or smart. It's simply cowardly.

• Yeah, I'm thinking of maybe rewinding and changing it to where I stay down. I don't want my pride to get ahead of my brain.

I made sure Rodrick stayed down, hoping Talia would understand. Besides, Gwyn knows her brother better than I do. I figure I could trust her this one time.

• The Whitehills are already beyond aggravated, so that makes no sense at all.

There's a difference between rolling over and being smart. You don't want to aggravate the Whitehills before Asher secures the army, it's not gonna do you any good.

• I agree with you on this one, that's why I didn't stay down, it just shows me that I'm weak, and useless, but a true, strong spirit never gives up.

mrkite posted: »

Better to let the Whitehills think they are in charge. My problem with this is by doing this you're also telling all your vassals the same thing. That you aren't their lord anymore. That you're broken.

• YOU, SIR, ARE A CLEVER TACO.
    I agree with your statement :)

• edited April 2015

Gryff didn't even try to kill Rodrik, I think he was trying to test him to see if he's a useless lord :/
    But you did the right thang ^0^

Tombstoke posted: »

My Rodrik got right back up and looked Gryff straight in the eye. There was no chance I was going to let a fucking fourth-born Whitehill act

• Other than that....Gryff's afraid of Talia, I was surprised about that lol xD

KCohere posted: »

I did, although I was hoping someone would step In and help me while I was getting the crap beat out of me. I just can't stand bowing down to those Whitehills, especially since the son is clearly afraid of Rodrick.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.