North Grove is useless?

I've seen it pointed out recently that anything Gared finds up North will be ultimately inconsequential to the Forresters, seeing as it won't reach them in time and also because Gared's a deserter who'll be hanged on sight if he tries to travel south. I'm sure TT wouldn't have overlooked this, so what could be the solution? An actual Ice Dragon? A Whitehill-seeking missile?

Comments

• You know nothing, ranger563.

Jk. Jk. I have no clue why I felt the need to say that

Jon Snow technically deserted and returned, so maybe Gared will. Also, maybe Stannis will forgive him when he marches to the Wall, I don't know.

• omg, stannis being in the game would be PERFECT.

You know nothing, ranger563. Jk. Jk. I have no clue why I felt the need to say that Jon Snow technically deserted and returned, so maybe Gared will. Also, maybe Stannis will forgive him when he marches to the Wall, I don't know.

• duncan was able to deliver everything to the wall quickly though and return in time to be back, so maybe they're not so far?

• Yeah how will he bring it back? Will he need to break off a bit and bring it back? It is a forest! Or maybe there is an ice dragon there and he has to steal an egg or something? 0'0

• Except for the part where he'd forgive Gared and then lop his bollocks off for temporarily deserting his post. Seriously. Dude doesn't know how to let things slide.......just ask Davos.

ellatheon posted: »

omg, stannis being in the game would be PERFECT.

• edited April 2015

whitehill seeking missile

yes

• edited April 2015

Since Dany is on the picture for episode 6, I doubt Asher and his sellswords will make it back to Ironrath in time.

Thus the North Grove might turn out to be the very thing that saves House Forrester. I guess it's the original source of the ironwood trees. Gared might find a way to return a number of smaller plants to Ironrath, so a new forrest could be cultivated once Whitehill destroyed the old one. Thus controlling the only known source of ironwood, Roose Bolton could be convinced to restore the power of House Forrester to further ensure a steady supply.

Unfortunately, Rodrik would be forced to behead Gared for deserting the Night's Watch in the end.

• If it is an ice dragon, I wonder if Gared will tame it and ride it all the way the Ironwrath DragonBorn style.

Seriously though, it might be something magical (literally). All this hype around the North Grove and people saying it's all myths and legends implies that it's got be magic right?

• Oh that makes more sense. Bringing saplings!

Since Dany is on the picture for episode 6, I doubt Asher and his sellswords will make it back to Ironrath in time. Thus the North Grove

• It's a metal gear. More than enough to destroy a Withehill.

• edited April 2015

A Whitehill-seeking missile?

Alt text

• I believe Master Yoda is waiting in North Grove. Duncan said it's place filled with power. Force power. Yoda will train Gared. His dream will come true. He'll become knight. More. He'll become Jedi Knight. Everything makes sense.

• Alt text

Omid's cat posted: »

I believe Master Yoda is waiting in North Grove. Duncan said it's place filled with power. Force power. Yoda will train Gared. His dream will come true. He'll become knight. More. He'll become Jedi Knight. Everything makes sense.

• edited April 2015

Unfortunately, Rodrik would be forced to behead Gared for deserting the Night's Watch in the end.

Shhhh! Telltale might hear you!

If this actually happens I will probably stab something.

Imagine though, if there was a choice between regaining House Forrester's power and killing Gared/Mira.

Since Dany is on the picture for episode 6, I doubt Asher and his sellswords will make it back to Ironrath in time. Thus the North Grove

• Well, I'm thinking Garred leaves, finds the north grove and importance, returns, before he is killed battle of castle black happens, which either gives him a second chance to show he isn't a deserter or to run back to iron wrath and give info

• I want to ride a mammoth.

• Alt text

sunfell posted: »

I want to ride a mammoth.

• edited April 2015

Alt textAlt text

IT ALL MAKES SENSE!

Omid's cat posted: »

I believe Master Yoda is waiting in North Grove. Duncan said it's place filled with power. Force power. Yoda will train Gared. His dream will come true. He'll become knight. More. He'll become Jedi Knight. Everything makes sense.

• I think it will have something to do with the Ironwood, too... The flames of an Ironwood torches are blue it would appear that the Ironwood has it's origins in the north...north... If you know what I mean. More nothern than usual... I like this idea, but it wouldn't match the way Gregor and Duncan talk about it... Or they are drama queens.

I don't think that a few saplings would help the Forresters that much in the war that is raging on right now.

• I think it might hold the real Horn of Winter.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Horn_of_Winter

Lord Forrester meant for Gared to save House Forrester (as well as the rest of Westeros) from the White Walkers by destroying it. Gared will probably have to except that it in all likelihood this is going to be a one way trip and he'll have to sacrifice his life to guard the realms of men like a true member of the Night's Watch.

• Somehow I doubt we'll be seeing an actual Ice Dragon (something so major remaining inconsequential to the TV canon, despite the North then actually having a dragon). Don't get me wrong, of course I'd love to see the Forresters get hold of a breed of dragon never seen in the TV series, but its not going to happen.

A secret forest within a forest, most likely related to Ironwood, something there that can shift the balance of power in favour of the Forresters.

The Source of Ironwood theory does seem to be the most feasible. And the cover for Episode 4 did show a White Walker so it does look like the game will be delving into borderline supernatural territory.

• edited April 2015

My life is now whole ser.

• :-)

Any other wishes to fulfill your life? Im bored anyway.

My life is now whole ser.

• Garad attacking Britt with bacon!

:-) Any other wishes to fulfill your life? Im bored anyway.

• Alt text

Alt text

Garad attacking Britt with bacon!

• Um, I know what's in the north grove.

Alt text

• edited April 2015

Yeah that would be frickin awesome if the same kind of sh*t happen in the game ^^

Demarcoa posted: »

Um, I know what's in the north grove.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.