Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Oh! Hahaha! I feel a bit dumb lol XD Hey everytime at lunch I'll leave one man as long as there's a story there!

pudding_pie posted: »

It does work. I love knowing you've read the stories during lunch. I won't complain if that's your goal Oh no I was speakin

• No don't say that. It was a simple misunderstanding. :3 No harm done. -brofist-

Tetra posted: »

Oh! Hahaha! I feel a bit dumb lol XD Hey everytime at lunch I'll leave one man as long as there's a story there!

• I have to confess that it was difficult to tell apart the real world from Wonderland in this chapter, but I think I figured it out in the end :)

Now this line:

"Just let me fucking kill something."

... Nick likes this woman... :P

Btw, I'm gonna guess the 'other Queen' is the Queen of Hearts?

I look forward to what comes next! XD

Why War? Part: Three At the business office... Luke and Bigby were yet again doing business papers when they saw Hans and their little

• Thanks man! XD -brofist-

No don't say that. It was a simple misunderstanding. No harm done. -brofist-

• edited April 2015

I'm seriously waiting for Hans to freaking lose it and just punch some walls, the doctors....Luke. Bigby. XD Although that would not be smart on his part. Does their son have a name, btw? Forgive me if this has been mentioned before. :) That was indeed a tough call on both Luke and Bigby. Hopefully soon, things will be answered for them both....

I thought it was interesting when Max mentioned there is another Queen in wonderland. Now, I had many different theories with this and I name one of them: I'm wondering if Azaria is whome Max is speaking of. Kieron JUST had a vision (thank you, Nyx, btw) of Azaria's past and it was not a pleasent one....another is this: Alice has TWO split personalitites and she has been here for so long, she's beginning to lose grip on reality. This WAS indeed the idea for some time and we already established Kieron was being used as a ginuea pig...Hmmm.

Also, I need to get my a Nyx! not for the future gig but just to have in general! He's awesome! I can see why, though, he held back for some time...

I LOVE, love, love where all of this is heading! My mind is bombarded with ideas but in a good way! Keep it up, man.

Why War? Part: Three At the business office... Luke and Bigby were yet again doing business papers when they saw Hans and their little

• Ah my bad! I'll be better about that next chapter :)

Hahaha! Nick would be proud! XD

Good guess! You'll have to wait and see :3

Glad you liked the chapter man!

HazzatheMan posted: »

I have to confess that it was difficult to tell apart the real world from Wonderland in this chapter, but I think I figured it out in the en

• Well since I've started playing Madness Returns, my knowledge of Wonderland has been reinvigorated and also expanded upon :D

I love these chapters cuz... WONDERLAND! XD

Ah my bad! I'll be better about that next chapter Hahaha! Nick would be proud! XD Good guess! You'll have to wait and see Glad you liked the chapter man!

• it's all good, ask away!

Oh man I'm excited!!! XD I didn't read your Fabled Avengers stories so forgive me if I ask questions now and then...

• edited April 2015

Oh don't worry Hans will have his fill! ;) You know that is a really good question I should probably look back and try and find it if I did! XD I'm sure Bigby and Luke will get involved in some way to help Hans and the little one :)

Nyx to the rescue on the vision XD Dude did you manage too look at the chapters I have written in my notebook!? o.o Nah I'm just playing man lol XD I won't say either of them are wrong but they are right to a certain extent which will unfold later on ;) very good theories though pie! :D. Poor Kieron went to Fabletown at the wrong time :(

Nyx really is awesome! He's so kind and cute you just want to hug him! :D

That's awesome to hear that you're enjoying the story man! :D

EDIT: I have found his name and it is Lucas I wonder why I never used that name lol XD

I'm seriously waiting for Hans to freaking lose it and just punch some walls, the doctors....Luke. Bigby. XD Although that would not be smar

• I'll ask them when I get to them :P

Atm, this backstory has told me enough :)

MasterStone posted: »

it's all good, ask away!

• Well, after all this, I hope Hans (and Lucas! :D) Will have their fill and finally receive some answers to this circus Alice has been caught up in. :P

LOL Oh man! XD You never know, man! I have my own Nyx then and did not know it! -glares over at my sleeping cat- XD No but that's awesome to know and I'll be looking out for my possible theory(s) to happen or another answer to this tale! Fabletown always has some BS. Next time, Kieron needs to run off to the Florida keys or something. XD

NP, man! This is inned intense and can't wait!

Oh don't worry Hans will have his fill! You know that is a really good question I should probably look back and try and find it if I did! X

• Thank you.

I intend to bring in more characters from Fables later on, but first I shall need to re-read through Fables again so as to stem my constant inconsistencies. This will not be for a while, however, As I intend to bring them to at least this millenium before that.

Gremercy.

LupineNoir posted: »

Despite not being entirely up to speed with your story you have supplied the exact right amount of information in this chapter to make it en

• I like where this is going.........;)

You're right! XD I was listening to that song at the time of writing this story and that just seemed appropriate. XD but yes....the things Mary would have done. lmao

• Hahaha! What if all cats were like that and we had no idea XD Hey if you have any other possible theories in the future I'm all ears to hear what they are! (Which goes for everybody btw) :D Fabletown is a dangerous yet nice place to be when it's calm XD. We'll have to see if he lives through this first ;)

Well, after all this, I hope Hans (and Lucas! ) Will have their fill and finally receive some answers to this circus Alice has been caught u

• Originally, the chapter was not entirely consistent with Fables. Thanks to HazzatheMan I managed to correct this. In addition, he also assisted in finding a certian detail relating to Fables (one might say he has become the protector of this story XD). I wish unto him a thousand gremercies.

This cave is actually one of the many gates into the Mundane world. As we do not know much of these gates beyond "they take you into the mundane world and the entrance from the Homelands is a cave". This is my interpretation of what happens when you "go to the other side."

P.S. I intend to upoad a rough sketch of Gertraud and Alfred each as soon as a I fathom how you and others have done so.

Nice little reference there to Bigby about tasting the blood to see if the person is clean and alright. I liked the whole licking part mysel

• Lol I am the protector :P

I think there were 27 portals from the Homelands to the Mundane world in Fables, minus the Cloud Kingdoms of course...

Originally, the chapter was not entirely consistent with Fables. Thanks to HazzatheMan I managed to correct this. In addition, he also assis

• Just a forewarning, Rose might be jealous that Fayde's going to be around. XP

EMMYPESS posted: »

I've got her made, however I've been slow to getting shots uploaded and posted >.< I want to upload her with the next batch of simmies

• And If I remember correctly, not all of them have been given a location, and so saves me from another inconsistancy.

Lol I am the protector :P I think there were 27 portals from the Homelands to the Mundane world in Fables, minus the Cloud Kingdoms of course...

• Wonderland has to be one of the greatest places to be! When it's not infected with mad driven people of course XD

Well since I've started playing Madness Returns, my knowledge of Wonderland has been reinvigorated and also expanded upon I love these chapters cuz... WONDERLAND! XD

• I always forget there were many portals to the mundane world. Little information like this is good to know.

Now, the image thing is quite simple, actually. I'll try and help as best as I can. You need to upload the image first into your file. Once you have done that, you'll need a image host to create a link for the picture. Some of the users use tinypic.com or postimage.org Copy the link. When you're about to post an image on the thread, you'll see a button with what appears to be a picture of some hills and sun. (right by the globe icon)

Past the link into your comment, highlight and click that button with the sun and hills. Previes the comment FIRST before posting to see if it appears.

Hopefully, this helps you on your quest to adding images. :3

Originally, the chapter was not entirely consistent with Fables. Thanks to HazzatheMan I managed to correct this. In addition, he also assis

• Gramercy.

I always forget there were many portals to the mundane world. Little information like this is good to know. Now, the image thing is quite

• Don't send Nick there whatever you do!!! :O

Wonderland has to be one of the greatest places to be! When it's not infected with mad driven people of course XD

• You know that's funny because I actually have thought about it (and I was going to ask and tell you about this) but since nobody there could really kill him or keep him at bay the whole story would just die when he got there XD

Don't send Nick there whatever you do!!! :O

• Not necessarily... You should ask me, I can give you compromises :)

You know that's funny because I actually have thought about it (and I was going to ask and tell you about this) but since nobody there could really kill him or keep him at bay the whole story would just die when he got there XD

• Wow, Azaria wrecked that scientist. I mean who wouldn't want to if theyknew weird scientists were going to cut them open. :D

• Oh Azarias little rampage isn't over yet! ;D

MasterStone posted: »

Wow, Azaria wrecked that scientist. I mean who wouldn't want to if theyknew weird scientists were going to cut them open.

• Haven't written in a while (as usual :P) So get ready for another chapter, kinda breaking my little tradition with this one: There is no fighting in this chapter!!

@Tetra I put in a little last minute surprise for you :)

@pudding_pie Get ready for it dude XD

Devils and Demons Chapter 10 - I Know Your Face

Nick had his reasons for continuing on towards the castle in the distance, the crest on the soldier’s armour was too familiar to him: a flame, a sword and a man riding a horse...

The man on the horse could mean Horseman, and Nick could conjure flames, plus his preferred weapon was always a sword. But who knew of these traits in this world? In this world the Horsemen never existed, so therefore the Harbingers never existed... but what if Galen didn’t just send Nick to this world?

They were all just theories at the moment, and Nick needed to find answers before he left; the town just a few miles away from the battlefield was the closest source of info on reaching the castle quicker. The soldier had told Nick that the swamps were a good shortcut, but they were apparently filled with Grendels, and Nick knew what a Grendel could do.

They were violent swamp creatures, and the Harbingers had faced their fair share of them through the centuries. Nick knew of one called Gren back in his world, he was a foul-mouthed loner with a drinking problem, but in recent years he seemed to be improving on his imperfections.

Nick had barely entered the town before coming across a gathering of people. Pushing through the mighty crowd, Nick came across what looked like some kind of an execution. There were easily 5 soldiers standing in front of a chain gang of 4 people, 3 men and 1 woman; there was a 5th man on his knees and sobbing his eyes out. One of the soldiers spoke “This man has committed a crime against our Kingdom; he is convicted of stealing bread from the King’s wagons!”

The poor man continued to weep as his hands started to shake, the air became tense as the sounds of his shackles filled the ears of every person watching, he cried out in defiance “I was starving! I didn’t know it was the King’s convoy!”

A soldier struck the man across the head, knocking him down with a thud “That doesn’t change what you did!” The soldier turned to the crowd and examined those who were present “Who will be this man’s executioner?” He scanned for anyone that looked willing and saw Nick amongst them “You sir, the big man with the cape and the weapons”

Nick stepped forward until he was merely a foot away from the soldier that had beckoned him, the height difference was intimidating to say the least, as the stocky soldier barely came up to Nick’s chin “Would you execute this man? You will be rewarded for doing so...” Nick glared back at the soldier, who had started to sweat under Nick’s gaze.

Nick looked at the slave and back at the soldier “What is the reward?” The soldier gestured towards the chain gang “A dead slave will get you a live slave! Come and take a look...”

Nick followed the soldier towards the chain gang; the gang was stood up straight by the other soldiers and told repeatedly to keep quiet and stand tall, Nick examined each of them diligently: 2 of the men were older, easily in their 50’s, and obviously malnourished given the serious lack of fat or muscle, one of them looked ready to drop dead, and in a strange way it made Nick feel sad.

The third man was younger with dirty brown hair that came down to his ears, he looked like he had given up on his own existence, the reality was that he was developing cataracts already and he had quite a serious injury on his leg. These men were no good to anyone...

But the woman caught Nick’s attention long before the others had, she had auburn hair that was past her shoulders, it was covered in dirt and quite possibly blood as well. She had a voluptuous physique that would drive any warm-blooded man crazy with lust, but her face betrayed a tone of feistiness, as though this woman was not to be messed with under any circumstances. When she looked up, Nick’s breathe hitched in his throat, it was Lyla Porgie!

Nick spoke as he reached a hand forward “Lyla?” The woman recoiled and tried to bite Nick as she did so, Nick pulled his hand back a little, she didn’t seem to recognise him, “She isn’t from my world at least...” Nick stepped back from Lyla and looked at the soldier “Is this one afflicted with some disease?”

The soldier shook his head “Nah, she was married once but her husband is dead in the ground, she isn’t infected with anything, but she is a feisty one I’ll tell you that much” Nick looked back at Lyla with some remorse for Georgie’s death, he walked back towards the slave on his knees and knelt down to him “What is your name?”

The man spat on the ground “Why do you care?” Nick gripped the man’s chin and rose his head to meet his gaze “No man should die unknown to those around him, that isn’t fair...” The man gave a small nod and quivered his breathe a little before replying “My name is Makoto”

Nick nodded and stood up once again “Am I to use my own weapons for this?” The soldiers all looked at each other, almost as if they hadn’t thought the whole thing through, to be honest they hadn’t expected anyone to come forward. The stocky one spoke quickly “Yes, unless it is inconvenient?”

Nick shook his head and drew his revolver “No, not at all...” In the swiftest motion, Nick fired 5 shots at the 5 soldiers; each bullet penetrated a weak spot in their armour: the faceless helmets or the gaps in their necklines, they all dropped dead or in the process of dying one after the other. The chain gang remained in place as the surrounding crowd stood shaking at the sight, what was this strange weapon the man possessed?

Nick turned to the crowd and turned his eyes yellow “I’d leave now if I were you” The crowd dissipated slowly and returned to elsewhere in the town as Nick reloaded his revolver. Makoto looked around “Wh-, what are you doing?” Nick ignored the questions as he flipped the loaded cylinder back into place and holstered the weapon in the back of his waist once more. He moved towards Makoto and examined his shackles; they were covered in various Runes “These Runes are designed to halt magic...”

Clearly the soldiers had powerful magic on their side, as these Runes were not a common sight amongst Witches in the Homelands. Regardless, Nick freed Makoto and the other 4 slaves “You can go now, except you Lyla”

Makoto lead the others away as Lyla glared at Nick “What do you want? If you want to rape me then be my fucking guest, it’s not like I have any pride left...” Nick smirked “Now that’s not the Lyla I know now is it...”

Lyla was confused by this “Who are you?” Nick gave a chuckle as he rubbed his stubble “In another world, my one to be precise, you and Georgie are still married, you even have a baby girl called Katie”

Lyla’s face softened at this news “Other worlds huh? I guess Fate was kind to me in at least one of them... Bit what do you want from me?” Nick broke off Lyla’s shackles “First, tell me why you were arrested?” Lyla rubbed her sore wrists and sat down on a nearby table, her rags weren’t suitable for this kind of weather, so Nick materialised her a pale green poncho made of wool “You like green right?” Lyla took the garment and relaxed more afterwards “Thanks...”

She took a few breathes and spoke at last as Nick crouched in front of her, resting his arms on his knees “Me and Georgie owned a brothel; we kep the girls safe from the elements, offered them food and beds, so long as they brought in the money. Well, we skipped taxes one day, and the soldiers came...”

Lyla paused and gave a sigh before continuing “They gave us warnings and were about to leave, but one of them thought I was one of the working girls. He grabbed me and Georgie attacked, they put all of us in chains. Georgie refused to pay up, so they slit his throat right in front of me... that was 5 months ago”

A tear fell down Lyla’s grubby cheek when she finished, Nick nodded and stood up “I’m sorry for your loss” Lyla nodded a little “At least things turn out ok for me in your world huh?” Nick smiled a little “Yeah... Well, you can go now” Nick turned but Lyla grabbed his hand “Wait, you’re just gonna send me in my way?”

Nick was confused “Yes, I can’t take you with me-” Lyla interrupted “No! Please let me come with you, I have nowhere else to go and you saved my life, so I owe you” Nick pondered the concept, he didn’t do companions that often, and Lyla would be trouble for him in a number of ways. If it wasn’t men desiring her then it would be her attitude leading to stalemate arguments, still, she had skills.

“Lyla, if you can take me to the King’s castle as quickly as possible then you can come with me” Lyla beamed a little, but Nick raised a finger “However, if you screw me over, then I’ll leave you in a brothel with no tongue and broken legs... Got it?” Lyla’s smile faded to shock as she carefully nodded her head, Nick smiled afterwards “Good, then let’s go, the swamps are a good short-cut apparently...”

O Meanwhile, back in the real world

Death sat at his wooden table drinking from his silver goblet, he had no idea where Nick had gone, but was clinging onto the hope that he would return eventually. He sipped the velvety red liquid with a clouded mind, there was so much to do, and in spite of having all the time in the world to do it, Death still had the constant weight on his shoulders of keeping his siblings in check, as well as their Harbingers...

A golden light shone opposite the table as a beautiful woman in golden robes graced Death with her presence “How goes your existence, Death?” Death smirked as he finished up his goblet and set it down “As always it is filled with work, Hope”

Hope nodded and Death stood up to kiss her hand, she giggled a little “When were you so keen on formalities like this?” Death smiled “I am the finest gentleman when the situation calls for it” Hope continued to smile as she linked arms with the Horseman, the contrast of light and dark was a morbid beauty to anyone that lay eyes on the couple.

Hope spoke again “How goes this little game your Harbingers are playing?” Death remained serious “I started this let’s not forget, and all because I thought Nick could lead a normal life...” Hope patted Death’s hand with her other “You did what you thought was right, it was the jealousy of the other Harbinger’s that brought this about”

Death stopped and looked out into the world, it all looked so peaceful from up here in his realm, but the reality was only just below him. “Do you know how this ends, Hope?”

Hope let go of Death’s arm, but her held onto her hand, she turned around “You are not bound to the Fates, anything can happen... like us”
    Death put his hands on Hope’s shoulders and touched his forehead to hers, Hope mimicked his action “Death, wait-“ He shook his head a little “I told you once that I loved you, Hope... what happened between us?”

Hope pulled away and bowed her head “I am bound by Fate it seems...” Death lifted her chin to see a small silver tear fall down her cheek “Don’t cry my love, I’m never too far away from you”

Hope placed the smallest kiss to Death’s cheek and abruptly left afterwards, Death held his hands in place for a while, silently wishing for her to come back, but she didn’t. A lifetime spent alone was not what Death wanted, his outlooks on love may have been bleak that much was true, but true love? He knew who he truly loved, and while she shared it with him once, it was not meant to be...

Any questions or comments then please ask away!! I expect the last section with Death and Hope will raise at least one question...

• This was really good! Poor Makoto though and Lyla! How could they do that to Georgie man :( Alternate world's are rough indeed!

Ah good to know Death and Hope are hooked up! I ship it! 10/10!

I look forward to more! That last minute addition was awesome man I appreciate it! :)

Haven't written in a while (as usual :P) So get ready for another chapter, kinda breaking my little tradition with this one: There is no fig

• When I saw 'get ready for it dude' I knew I was in for it but in a good thing. :)

1st off, Nick patrolling through the swamp for some reason was a fun image to picture; the soilder points him in this direction, for its a short cut, yet I can't help but shake the feeling he is secretly hoping Nick plummets to his death. Neat little shoutout to Gren, you drunk loner you. XD I'm looking forward to when Nick does stumble upon the Grendels and what will occur between him and these beasts.

Nick has no fear; he stummbled into this camp with executions occuring but with Death all around him, guess there is nothing more to fear. I enjoyed the descriptions of the slaves presented to Nick by the soilder. My poor Lyla, though; I always smile when you describe her as 'volumptous' and I adore that little reference to her favorite color, too. :3 I KNEW Georgie was dead in this but I still choked back the feelings...:( Also, Makoto is one bad ass; this dude had no fear and if he only knew who he was truly messing with....

I liked that ending in regards to Hope & Death; not too long ago he was getting onto Nick for his daughter and marriage to Mary. Its moments like this that make you see, even something like Death, has room for some human emotion. Remorse, as I like to call it...Seems like Hope left Death and this is the reason for his sudden sour outlook on life and love. Appears to be warning Nick as well, too. Are they the reason this parallel universe is happening to Nick and the others? Are they being tested? :D

Great as always, my good man. :) I look forward to more.

Haven't written in a while (as usual :P) So get ready for another chapter, kinda breaking my little tradition with this one: There is no fig

• Firstly, I apologise for the rough beginning to the story.

For my first piece of writing outside of short stories, I think that I did well (I won’t make a secret of having believed this would be an absolute train-wreck).

Chapter 7: ein neue Leben begann.

We stood outside the cave for a few minutes, taking in the surroundings and discussing our next course of action.

“For one, can I have my blade back?” I asked.

She passed it without a word.

“Secondly, we have no knowledge of where we are. I propose we travel to that town there and ask about.”

“What if they speak a different language than us? What then?” questioned Gertraud.

“That is not an issue yet, we shall cross that bridge if and when we come to it.” I replied. “If you have an idea of your own, I would like to hear it.”

“I have no better ideas. I merely express concern over what can happen.”

Gertraud was getting on my nerves. She would not stop asking questions when we travelled to the Hesse and now has an answer for everything. I had a ting of regret at the back of my mind at that moment. This did not rest for long though as we were soon off.

We walked up to the gates to the city: a wall 4 stories high, watch towers along it. Upon the top of the entrance was a large sign, emblazoned in gothic letters spelling ‘Berlin’.

“Well, at least they use the same lettering system.” spoke Gertraud.

“I cannot read.” Deadpanned I in dismissal.

“You can track scents from long distances away and fight with the grace of a musketeer yet not read?” she ridiculed. ”I may have to teach you, o ‘the best hunter in the whole of the Hesse’.”

I made a valiant yet vain attempt to not grin. The irony was sad, embarrassing and humorous.

“Halt!” came a voice from before us. “Warum kommt ihr da?“

The language of the Hesse.
    They did not speak Albine (The language the mundies call English), but a language we understood nonetheless. The voice belonged to a guard, flanked by 6 others. Each wearing iron armour, asking why we were there.

“Ich komme hier, mit meine Frau, zu ruhe suchen (I come here with my wife to find a place to rest.).“ said I.

“Deine Stimmen. Kommen ihr aus Bayern? (Your voice. Do you come from Bavaria?).“

Was coming from ‘Bayern’ a bad thing? I had to decide quickly.

“Ja.” answered Gertraud.

I was screaming at her internally as the guard smiled. I genuinely believed we were gefickt.

“Sehr gut. (Very good.).” Was his reply. With that I relaxed. “Und deine Habe? (And your possessions?)”

“Nur diesem Schwert, den Messer und einem Dolch (Just this sword, knives and a dagger.).“ obliged I, showing him each item

“Ist das Alles? (Is that everything?)”.

“Ja.”

Satisfied, he turned to Gertraud. “Und was haben sie da mitgebracht? (and what did you bring here?)

"Nichts. (Nothing.).“ she said in a flat tone.

“Ihr geht kann. (You can go now.).” said the guard stepping aside to allow us in.

You would think the guards would have done more than asked questions. No matter where I went, the guards and soldiers always seemed to be imbeciles.

The city of Berlin was like nothing I had seen before, or ever wanted to see for that matter. The place had a distinct smell of urine and faeces lining the streets, the source quite visable. Urine and faeces from a variety of animals from horses and dogs to even people was everywhere. What was a white noise to the people was torture for me. I could hear a myriad of noises coming from the homes, the people and the animals. It was bearable, but in no way pleasant.

If I knew right there and then that I was going to live in Berlin for the next five centuries, I would have fallen on my own blade.

“Maybe we can get some information from that tavern.” said Gertraud, pointing to a building to my right. Above the doorway was a sign: die Stumpfe Klinge.

“You do that.” said I. “I need a moment to sit.”

“You need a moment to sit? What of I?”

“Gertraud, please.” I said, exasperated.

Delivering a vicious scowl, she walked off in the direction of the Tavern.

I believed that by exposing myself to this intense amount of noises and smells, I could somewhat inoculate myself, become ‘used to it’, adjust. Spying a bench to the opposite of the tavern, I sat down, removing my greaves.

Heaven.

As I sat there, the noises and the smells drowned out with each passing minute. Eventually, I became relieved enough to drift into a slumber.

“Wake up!” Demanded a stern, feminine voice.

Waking, I slowly and listlessly rose, as I did two days ago. I found that it was now night, as well as the pale face of Gertraud looking down on me, twisted in annoyance.

“Time to sit for a moment, huh?” mocked Gertraud.

“Gertraud” said I wearily. “May I say that in the past two days you and I have acquainted, never have I been more annoyed by another person.”

“Good to know.” She smirked as she finished the sentence. “The system of law here is, as far as I can tell, not differing from what was in Nordenland.”

Damn her! If someone were to hear us, the subject would almost certainly cross them as suspicious.

“Go ahead; speak so that the entire city can hear us.” I scolded in sarcasm.

“The people here do not speak Albine, remember?” countered she. “and here, Albine is called ‘Englisch’ and Hessen is ‘Deutsch.”

An answer for everything, always.

“I also managed to get us jobs in the tavern.” she continued. “They will only hold up though if we have the place cleaned by tomorrow. That task falls to you since you are so well rested.”

It was only fair. I stood up and walked into the tavern. I cannot say this one spared better than any in the homelands. It was decrepit, smelling of rotten food, filled dirty travellers like myself and had the odd drunkard or two asleep in the corner.

“Oh, and one more thing.” called Getraud. “Here, magic is evil. So do not bring it up in casual conversations when you speak Deutsch.

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Now the fun begins.

If any of you have historical events in Germany’s history aside from the two world wars you want me to include, let me know and I shall seriously consider them.

• Well then...

I never would have imagined an entity like death capable of love.

• I kept thinking to myself "This slave needs a name, and it's gotta be a surprise, who's OC do I know that could be in this situation? snaps fingers MAKOTO!" XD

Death and Hope were in love in the past, but things changed on her end; regardless that little spark is still there...

This was really good! Poor Makoto though and Lyla! How could they do that to Georgie man Alternate world's are rough indeed! Ah good to

• Nick vs the Grendel's.... God what am I doing :P

I put Makoto in at the last minute because I wanted this slave to be an OC for some reason, though Makoto won't be appearing again... So green is Lyla's favourite colour? I was gonna say that but I settled on "You like green right?" just in case :P

Voluptuous is pretty much ALL of your Porgie girls: big boobs, big hips, slim waist, big ass. Just perfection in my book!!!! XD XD

You're on the right track with suspecting Death of something that started this whole story, but all will be explained gradually... Of course if you figure it out then well done :P

Hope did leave Death, but she only contributed to his sour outlook on love, Death already had that sour outlook before he and Hope hooked up, it's his own observations of love and his own experiences as well... Also Hope didn't want to leave Death, but she is bound to the Fates.

When I saw 'get ready for it dude' I knew I was in for it but in a good thing. 1st off, Nick patrolling through the swamp for some reaso

• Oh yes, Death has mingled with Fables and Mundies alike and experienced love many times, though because Death is immortal and has been alive since the dawn of time, he views love as something to keep you interested for a while and nothing more...

Hope is Death's true love, because she is immortal like him and thus will not succumb to the passage of time, but the Fates do not want to her to be with him...

Well then... I never would have imagined an entity like death capable of love.

• Damn, Gertraud is a feisty one! Maybe she and Alfred will hook up :P

I have a small complaint though, I appreciate the usage of German, but my understanding of it isn't as good as some, so can I request that we get an English translation on each sentence like you did with this chapter?? I should know what they're talking about given how often I hear the language (thank you Rammstein) but I don't always 'listen' :/

This is setting up to be a very interesting story, keep it up! XD

Firstly, I apologise for the rough beginning to the story. For my first piece of writing outside of short stories, I think that I did wel

• "Damn, Gertraud is a feisty one!". Pudding_pie concurs.

As for if Al and Traudl should 'hook up', I am in the process of deciding that. If I were to do this, then it would be my first attempt at writing romance. What say you?

The German in the following chapters will not be so saturated (save for one chapter maybe). And of course I shall continue with the translations. I think many on here reading this story would be lost were I to not include it.

Damn, Gertraud is a feisty one! Maybe she and Alfred will hook up :P I have a small complaint though, I appreciate the usage of German, b

• Lol, Pie and his feisty ladies :P

Only write the romance if you feel confident in portraying it. If it turns out bad then that's a problem... Maybe you should get some practice in writing romance first?

I can understand some of it, but not all of it (Till Lindemann and his obsession with dragging out his R's :P) It is different to have another language used so heavily in a story though...

"Damn, Gertraud is a feisty one!". Pudding_pie concurs. As for if Al and Traudl should 'hook up', I am in the process of deciding that. I

• As I said, the german will not be so saturated in the future but for one chapter

I am thinking of including platonic love at least. I shall experiment with small love stories on paper before deciding completely.

Lol, Pie and his feisty ladies :P Only write the romance if you feel confident in portraying it. If it turns out bad then that's a proble

• Oh, and die Stumpfe Klinge (the tavern) was a wink to Rammstein.

"Die Stumpfe Klinge, gut und recht." (The blunt blade, good and just) - Mein Teil.

Lol, Pie and his feisty ladies :P Only write the romance if you feel confident in portraying it. If it turns out bad then that's a proble

• I shall be on the look out for any more Rammstein references!! XD

Though my least favourite album is Reise, Reise unfortunately :/

Oh, and die Stumpfe Klinge (the tavern) was a wink to Rammstein. "Die Stumpfe Klinge, gut und recht." (The blunt blade, good and just) - Mein Teil.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.