Ludd's invitation

This Discussion is for purposes of speculation. According to the preview for Episode 4: "Sons of Winter", Rodrik will receive an invitation to Highpoint. What would the possibilities for future decisions look like? Would you accept the invitation? Would you ask Mira for assistance? Who would you choose to accompany you? Would you prepare a "gift"? Would you arrive (secretly) armed at Highpoint? What would be the cause of the invitation and what would the visit be about? Would there be calamities?

Comments

• The game will probably force you to go no matter what, but maybe a choice on who to bring, maybe go alone

• edited April 2015

ITS GONNA BE RED WEDDING ALL OVER AGAIN !!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

• Yeah I'm really nervous about it. On one hand it could be a way of furthering my promise to Gwyn and try to keep the peace, or try to smooth things over. I'd probably bring Duncan because, while I think he might be the traitor, he's also my Sentinel and I think he truly does want peace and diplomacy, which is what I want (for now).

On the other hand,knowing telltale and game of thrones, it's probably going to end in someone's death. I doubt the Whitehills are going to be calm and rational like my Rodrik is. I wouldn't be surprised if a fight breaks out or the person I bring would be killed in the process. I just hope Ryon will be okay through all of this, and maybe I can talk Ludd into giving him back.

• I am wondering why Ludd would invite Rodrik into his home. One motive could be that he intends to further humiliate Rodrik by showing the size of his army and power. I honestly doubt he have any good intentions. I wonder if we meet more of his family.

• Clearly it's going to end in a Forrestor vs. Whitehill dance off spectacular at Highpoint. The Forrestors will win and save the rec center from those money grubbing Whitehills tearing it down to build a shopping mall and Rodrick will get the nerdy girl to finally fall in love with him.

• I think this will trap Rodrik, the small council and a portion of the Forrester "Army" in Highpoint while Gryff kills the remaining garrison and takes over Ironrath with ease.

• If it was that then what would be the incentive to go there in the first place?, "Go to Highpoint or I'll kill Ryon" maybe. Hopefully they'll give us an option to leave someone in charger while away and deal with the fallout from that.

I think this will trap Rodrik, the small council and a portion of the Forrester "Army" in Highpoint while Gryff kills the remaining garrison and takes over Ironrath with ease.

• edited April 2015

I think I would secretly go to highpoint in order to save Ryon. I would bring a flagon of ale, two slingshots a bow and arrow and Ser Royland.

I also think your avatar is the traitor!!!

• edited April 2015

Hear me out, but I think it's a marriage between Elaena Glenmore and Gryff Whitehill. Knowing how linear Telltale is in most of these choices, we all knew that either everyone would end up getting the Glenmore army or everyone wouldn't get the army. Having Gryff marry Elaena wouldn't surprise me, and we're probably there for the wedding.

• I plan on going but I'll insist on having my bread and salt the moment I walk in the door. If the Whitehills kill me their reputation will go right down the tubes along with the Freys.

• I imagine if Rodrik goes he'll have to choose who would lead the house while he's away or whoevers sentinel would rule maybe can't wait to see!

• plot twist to end all plot twists: whitehills actually want a peace treaty

• I think Lord Whitehill is either going to get Rodrik drunk as shit, or have his family eat in front of him and not give him anything, depending on whether you chose "Keep them drunk" or "Starve them out"

• do you mean Maester Ortengryn is the traitor?

• First I have to ask if you were able to arrange the marriage of Elaena and Rodrick. If you have it was because of the forged letter that suggested the marriage go ahead from Margaery. Elaena says (at least to me) that she is only marrying me because she cannot refuse a future queen. She would then not marry any one else because that too would defy Margaery's forged suggestion. I like how you think though...

Hear me out, but I think it's a marriage between Elaena Glenmore and Gryff Whitehill. Knowing how linear Telltale is in most of these choice

• LOL, Reputation didn't matter much to Ramsay when he walked up to us and stabbed in the damn throat...

richforce posted: »

I plan on going but I'll insist on having my bread and salt the moment I walk in the door. If the Whitehills kill me their reputation will go right down the tubes along with the Freys.

• edited April 2015

Yeah always bring Bill Belicheck, no matter what.

^^^^

THAT'S SER ROYLAND

LoseMyHome posted: »

Yeah I'm really nervous about it. On one hand it could be a way of furthering my promise to Gwyn and try to keep the peace, or try to smooth

• Oh, so basically how you got the marriage can play a factor in it? That's interesting. I secured the betrothal by offering half the Ironwood, so I figure the Whitehills would have to give a damn good deal for Elaena to accept their counter-proposal. But if you forced her into securing the betrothal, then I figure she's more on board with it.

First I have to ask if you were able to arrange the marriage of Elaena and Rodrick. If you have it was because of the forged letter that sug

• I only found out after forcing Elaena that you were able to persuade her. But first you can't forge any letter as Mira it seems. Yeah, so now I want to rewind all the way back to the conversation to Elaena and convince her instead of forcing her. Happy wife means a happy life and all...

Oh, so basically how you got the marriage can play a factor in it? That's interesting. I secured the betrothal by offering half the Ironwood

• I didn't do either of these though. I told Duncan and Royland to 'take care of it!', and it seems they found a compromise. Duncan said they would feed them and hold back on the wine.

I think Lord Whitehill is either going to get Rodrik drunk as shit, or have his family eat in front of him and not give him anything, depending on whether you chose "Keep them drunk" or "Starve them out"

• That might make the stay a bit easier at Highpoint for you then

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I didn't do either of these though. I told Duncan and Royland to 'take care of it!', and it seems they found a compromise. Duncan said they would feed them and hold back on the wine.

• I kind of want to bring Talia with me, so I know where she is and what's happening to her. Without Rodrik watching over her Gryff and his men could probably take their chances and knock her about a bit as 'punishment' for biting that one soldier.

Hopefully by that point she's learned how to defend herself and stay out of their way, though. I doubt we'd get the option but if I were Rodrik I'd ask Elaena to take Talia to Glenmore Keep until it was safe to return to Ironrath, training her to defend herself all the while.

• Well both plans you had will probably have an impact. If I'm right on that than we will know who the traitor is if we lie.

• Sneak tailia along and have her free Ryon.

• Alt text

THE ROOSE IS LOOSE

• One can only hope...

That might make the stay a bit easier at Highpoint for you then

• yeah that was my first inclination

Tylerh316 posted: »

do you mean Maester Ortengryn is the traitor?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.