Did you get back up when ---- knocked you down?

Comments

• Trust me, you'll love it when you stood up to Him,. Just try ^-^

naik posted: »

I stayed down. Getting back up would have pissed him off even more, he would have hit some other Forrester and I have to think about my heal

• True dat, that's why I stood up... even though Gruff is afraid of Talia lol

If you didn't get back up, you are a pathetic coward. Truth.

• NICE, fuck Gwyn, she's probably lying about everything she told you, so I I was like Fuck you, and Punch Gryff

You're damned right I did. I promised Gwyn I'd keep the peace, and went as far as not hitting the Whitehills who were mocking Ethan's death

• I think Telltale's testing us to see if we are weak or not lol

I get knocked down, but I get up again. You're neeeever gonna keep me down, I get knocked down. But I get up again.

• I got back up. The Whitehills cut down the ironwood without farsight and defile my people's homes. The ironwood has made House Forrester what it is and now the Whitehills think, they can just take everything until there's nothing left. My Rodrik is going to let the world know: "I, Rodrik, Lord of Ironrath, shall shield my people with a body and spirit like iron. Let them beat me, slash me, bleed me, burn me, I will let their voices be heard. To those who wish to claim our lifeblood as their own, I say come and break me if you can. My body may return to the ice, yet you will find that the iron that grows from my ashes be so unbendable that only the truest to this house may be able to claim it."

• No, they aren't. They are happy with the situation and feel like they're in control. Let them feel that and they'll start to lower their guard. When the time to strike is there, it'll be an easier victory.

The Whitehills are already beyond aggravated, so that makes no sense at all.

• Hell yeah. I couldn't give Gryff the satisfaction.

• edited April 2015

I never said Gryff was trying to kill Rodrik...

Gryff didn't even try to kill Rodrik, I think he was trying to test him to see if he's a useless lord But you did the right thang ^0^

• edited April 2015

smart, letting the Whitehills think they won only for their guard to be down, that way it'll be much easier to kill them.

I went back and decided to stay down purely for this reason

• edited April 2015

I continued to get up till he (Gryff) made a fool of himself by shaking, and that's when I stayed down.

• I didn't say you did, but in my perspective :) sorry if that confuse/ offend you, my fault.

Tombstoke posted: »

I never said Gryff was trying to kill Rodrik...

• What you say doesn't make much sense. She can tell them to be strong, but wait for an opening before reacting fiercely agains the Whitehills. People need strength to submit without feeling weak.

choircorgis posted: »

Exactly. I don't understand why she even tells them to stand up and be strong when all she does when those moments come is tell them that "n

• He steps in your arm either way, so whatever.

naik posted: »

I stayed down. Getting back up would have pissed him off even more, he would have hit some other Forrester and I have to think about my heal

• I agree with Prince_Charming, submitting is stupid.

No, they aren't. They are happy with the situation and feel like they're in control. Let them feel that and they'll start to lower their guard. When the time to strike is there, it'll be an easier victory.

• There there.

Hear, hear.

• He didn't step on my arm.

He steps in your arm either way, so whatever.

• Ah, I see.

I didn't say you did, but in my perspective sorry if that confuse/ offend you, my fault.

• It may be to you. Imo, trying to act tough when you have nothing to back it up with is more stupid than submitting for the time being, then striking when the chance is right.

I agree with Prince_Charming, submitting is stupid.

• I agree. The best possibility would be to get up until Gryff is shaking and that's the best time to stay down. That way his men might start to abandon him.

It may be to you. Imo, trying to act tough when you have nothing to back it up with is more stupid than submitting for the time being, then striking when the chance is right.

• I continued to get up, but I tell you this, He touches my sister again I'm going to open Gryff from balls to brains and see what Whitehills are made of.

• I understand your point of view, and you could be right, but I still don't think she's completely trustworthy. The house is desperate and she knows that. Yes, there is a time to stand down and a time to fight, but in my play-through at least it doesn't add up. Perhaps she isn't the traitor and I'm just reading into little things too much, but still. It's a theory. It makes sense to me, but if it doesn't for other people that's totally cool.

What you say doesn't make much sense. She can tell them to be strong, but wait for an opening before reacting fiercely agains the Whitehills. People need strength to submit without feeling weak.

• The problem with the small-folk is that they're being forced to blindly follow their Lord because they have no other choice. No one in the common group seems too good at fighting and they're only doing what their told. If you don't have a little control over the situation, or you don't tell them what you're planning on doing, it wouldn't surprise me if they end up naturally doing as they're told if someone who seems more powerful threatens them to do so...

Skiba7671 posted: »

Meh. They call them small folk for a reason.

• The only reason why I stayed down is because Gwyn told me to. I've fought the system many times before, but there's a right time for everything. If staying down now helps me fight with more strength later on (as she is implying), I'm going to do it.

I agree with you on this one, that's why I didn't stay down, it just shows me that I'm weak, and useless, but a true, strong spirit never gives up.

• Agreed.

No, I stayed down. It had too much of an Ethan-gate feel, albeit Gryff is nowhere near as crazy as Ramsay and there was very little reason f

• Talia is defiant, but only because she wants her family to be in the position she knew they were in before. Powerful, not stuck under the Whitehill's thumbs. The only problem I have with her (or will have, depends on what they do with her) is if she continues to cause trouble. I can use her to our advantage if she doesn't fight back in obvious ways. There's better ways to fight a war than upfront right away, especially as a child who can get away with a lot if you're careful. It's not that she is or isn't an example to follow, more like a piece in the game and another person who can be beneficial (if they'll let her be a strong female character instead of someone who just causes more problems).

Skiba7671 posted: »

Talia is defiant and she knows nothing about anything. I'm not going to follow her example.

• I felt that I would probably be able to explain to her why I chose to stay down later and that she would understand the situation. Gwyn is the one hope Rodrik has to having inside info on the Whitehills. They have a spy on us? Well, then we'll have one on them. Two houses can play that game. Maybe she's lying, but what else do we have to lose at this point?

I made sure Rodrick stayed down, hoping Talia would understand. Besides, Gwyn knows her brother better than I do. I figure I could trust her this one time.

• I agree with Shubbalubbadingdong. There's a time for everything and if the Whitehills start adding to the list all of the times you fought, they will kill you. Or they'll just kill someone you love. If they feel that they are in control, they'll start to loosen up. They'll get lazy- especially with Gryff pretending to be this big macho guy that he clearly isn't. He may have soldiers, but the second he's alone I don't think he'll prove to be the man he thinks he is. Yes, choosing to stay down will make you look weak right in that moment. But there are tactics in war beyond the physical fighting. It takes patience and time for things to work well for the weaker side sometimes. You can hit them when they least expect it and it will cause more damage than constantly putting up a fight just because you're angry the moment that an injustice is done to you.

It may be to you. Imo, trying to act tough when you have nothing to back it up with is more stupid than submitting for the time being, then striking when the chance is right.

• Where where.

There there.

• I guess you're right, :/

The only reason why I stayed down is because Gwyn told me to. I've fought the system many times before, but there's a right time for everything. If staying down now helps me fight with more strength later on (as she is implying), I'm going to do it.

• Aw don't do that. You made your choice. Live with it. Regret it, or whatever, but it's your choice.

Yeah, I'm thinking of maybe rewinding and changing it to where I stay down. I don't want my pride to get ahead of my brain.

• Honestly, I don't think there's necessarily a wrong option... Both will have positive and negative sides... I guess it depends on what you'd rather deal with. :///

I guess you're right,

• edited April 2015

yes ofs he should know his place

No, I didn't. I trust Gwyn. However, my theory that Lady Forrester is the traitor only became stronger because of it. She contradicts hersel

• I get back up, I was expecting that Rodrik would turn into werewolf!

• Why would Catelyn betray her house and put her children in danger by freeing Jaime? Lady Forrester thinks that her children will be safe if only they give their enemies what they want.

KCohere posted: »

Why would she betray her own house and put her children in danger?

• I agree. ''Kill them down to the babes in their beds,'' and then when she's watching her son being beat up, ''stay down.''? What the hell? Do you want me to submit to them or kill them all? She's just too...I don't know, but she isn't really putting words to action.

I understand your point of view, and you could be right, but I still don't think she's completely trustworthy. The house is desperate and sh

• They're obviously made of bread and salt.

I continued to get up, but I tell you this, He touches my sister again I'm going to open Gryff from balls to brains and see what Whitehills are made of.

• Exactly. That's my point. Lady Forrester will do whatever it is she has to do to keep her kids safe- and I don't think that trading information in exchange for their safety is excluded here. If she knew that it was the only option that she had available to guarantee that nothing would happen to her family, I think she would take it. Maybe others believe that she wouldn't, but I personally do.

Why would Catelyn betray her house and put her children in danger by freeing Jaime? Lady Forrester thinks that her children will be safe if only they give their enemies what they want.

• Thanks. I've actually had a ton of people tell me that it's a ridiculous theory, so I'm glad someone else sees it the same way! She's not consistent enough. What she'll say alone is totally different than what she says when the time comes to either do something or not. It's true that she may just see the way of fighting through words (as in waiting for the right opportunity) and not violence as some may claim... but if that were true, she wouldn't say to slaughter everyone. Again, I could be totally wrong and she just gets nervous when things get bad, but it's too many times to claim one thing and then do another. It happens too often in the GOT universe.

Barthanax posted: »

I agree. ''Kill them down to the babes in their beds,'' and then when she's watching her son being beat up, ''stay down.''? What the hell? D

• I lost it after he threw Talia on the mud, I was like:

"Aww hell no bich u pay fo dat!!" and "FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU""

(plus, I noticed there was a villager who looks like a rehash of Mira)

• edited April 2015

I didnt get back up. I am smart. Let them think they won. And when they dont expect it stick a knife in their heart and twist it (Roose Bolton Style).

Alt text

Replace "Lannisters" with "Forresters".

Sign in to comment in this discussion.