The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Is Google showing that "ALERT!!!!! YOUR ARREST RECORD IS ONLINE!! CLICK HERE TO VIEW IT NOW" ad to everyone who watches Hillary Clinton's video, or is it just me?

So far, the funniest thing I've seen in this election cycle was Saturday Night Live's sketch with Hillary Clinton trying to record a selfie video, and Bill barging in and marveling over phones that can shoot video, exclaiming, "If they had that in the '90s, I'd be in jail!"

Just hoping we don't get another Bush versus Clinton election. In the days leading up to the 2008 nominations, there were people who were supporting Obama just because they were tired of presidents named Bush and Clinton.

Saltlick123 posted: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KalquJby0uU So she's running......What do you guys think? I think just because she would be the first wom

• Shut up, you half-Asian mutt. :I

a Canadian born Mexican Rachelle for President!

• Game of Thrones was good. I liked the part when [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] got to [REDACTED]. I also really love when [REDACTED] killed [REDACTED] when [REDACTED] didn't [REDACTED] to [REDACTED].

• Isn't Republican and Mexican kind of contradicting? Like a vegan working at Mcdonalds?

I'm pretty sure the democratic party is just pushing anybody who isn't a white male at this point. So naturally, the republican party is pushing a Canadian born Mexican.

• It's just a short video with people smiling in it....almost all politicians use something similar. I think you're over analyzing it.

The whole video is basically a product- it is trying to sell the viewer the idea of voting for Clinton. And like any product, it needs to be marketed. This is different from a video of her actually interacting with the public. There isn't any need for candidness here, it doesn't matter if the actors are actually laughing at something behind the scenes or not.

Of course she needs scripts, it would be foolish for a candidate to present themselves and their arguments without any preparation.

I'm not sure how it is in Ireland, but showing two gay couples in a campaign video is not "playing it safe", especially showing a gay couple resting their heads against each other affectionately. I can't think of many campaign videos that featured gay people so prominently. It was anything but safe- she is making a statement on where she stands on social rights, and some Americans will not agree with it.

All the stuff you mentioned is well and good, but remember that she announced that she will be running days ago. This is pretty much a teaser and the beginning of a long campaign run where she'll get opportunities to do similar things to what you listed.

Markd4547 posted: »

laughing and smiling which is scripted without reason is forced and shallow no matter who is involved and justification by saying at least i

• My mistake, he's Cuban. Anyway, I'm talking about Ted Cruz.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz

Isn't Republican and Mexican kind of contradicting? Like a vegan working at Mcdonalds?

• "He voted against reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act, which included provisions to extend protection to lesbians, gays, immigrants, and Native Americans."

"opposes participation in gay pride marches"

"Cruz has stated that satellite data shows no global warming in the past 17 years"

"says that a shutdown of the government would not be a disaster for America or the Republican Party"

Alt text

My mistake, he's Cuban. Anyway, I'm talking about Ted Cruz. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz

• And when [REDACTED] visited the [REDACTED] but was like [REDACTED] because there was no way anyone could [REDACTED] the [REDACTED].

Game of Thrones was good. I liked the part when [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] got to [REDACTED]. I also really love when [REDACTED] killed [REDACTED] when [REDACTED] didn't [REDACTED] to [REDACTED].

• Yep. So if Cruz and Hillary end up being the two left, I'm just gonna vote for Rand Paul.

"He voted against reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act, which included provisions to extend protection to lesbians, gays, immigrants

• Oh but what about when young [REDACTED] went to the [REDACTED] with her [REDACTED] and heard her [REDACTED] from the [REDACTED]?

And don't even get me started about how [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] were literally 20 [REDACTED] away from [REDACTED] and [REDACTED].

And when [REDACTED] visited the [REDACTED] but was like [REDACTED] because there was no way anyone could [REDACTED] the [REDACTED].

• And don't even get me started about how [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] were literally 20 [REDACTED] away from [REDACTED] and [REDACTED]

I was literally yelling at my screen.

So excited for next week when [REDACTED] finally gets to [REDACTED] and visits the [REDACTED] of the [REDACTED].

Oh but what about when young [REDACTED] went to the [REDACTED] with her [REDACTED] and heard her [REDACTED] from the [REDACTED]? And don'

• I hope [REDACTED] dies

And don't even get me started about how [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] were literally 20 [REDACTED] away from [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] I

• Half-Awesome*

Shut up, you half-Asian mutt. :I

• You hate your Asian side.

Half-Awesome*

• At the very beginning, the Unsullied in the whore house looked so much like Greyworm to me that I began to wonder if they tried to replace him.

and lmfao at Robyn showing off his deadly fighting skillz

Game of Thrones was good. I liked the part when [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] got to [REDACTED]. I also really love when [REDACTED] killed [REDACTED] when [REDACTED] didn't [REDACTED] to [REDACTED].

• Maybe, but I'm still awesome.

You hate your Asian side.

• I thought he was a Greyworm replacement too lmao

At the very beginning, the Unsullied in the whore house looked so much like Greyworm to me that I began to wonder if they tried to replace him. and lmfao at Robyn showing off his deadly fighting skillz

• Rachelle and I were just talking about that. I was like "first Daario now Grey Worm?!"

DISCLAIMER: I prefer the new Daario. Old one had a dumb face and dumb hair.

At the very beginning, the Unsullied in the whore house looked so much like Greyworm to me that I began to wonder if they tried to replace him. and lmfao at Robyn showing off his deadly fighting skillz

• r u tho

Maybe, but I'm still awesome.

• edited April 2015

Alt text

Alt text Alt text

Alt text

Alt text Alt text

0 TO 100 REAL QUICK

• Alt text

uncle pete voice

now wait just a damn minute

• Alt text

I AM SO FUCKING DONE WITH THESE IMAGINES LIKE HOLY CRAP

• At the same time, if Hillary does win there will be those who think she has absolutely nothing credible about her and only won because she's female.

I know this forum is conservative so I'll keep this brief, but this really would be a continuation of the historical truth of women's achievements being devalued just because they're women.

Saltlick123 posted: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KalquJby0uU So she's running......What do you guys think? I think just because she would be the first wom

• edited April 2015

Inb4 'get off our forums you feminazi cunt' (actual quote from a month ago); this is actually pretty funny, and accurate judging by how the media reports women in government at the moment.

I can already hear the 'she only won because she's female' attempts to devalue her already, just as people said obama only won purely because he's black.

I mean like seriously think about it logically: if the only reason some people don't vote for her is because they don't want a female president to win because she'd be doing it for being female, so they vote for the republican's male candidate, then they're actually voting for him just because he ISN'T female, which is just as bad.

Anyway, here's Hillary Clinton's presidency race bingo!!!

Alt text

• If anyone know cimasins on YouTube and are a fan of them then you might like this. this guy did a "everything wrong with walking dead season 1". this is for comedy reasons not everything in this video will please everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZmWHtjR2gA

• wat when, how? XD

ComingSoon posted: »

my quote, motherfucker

• edited April 2015

In Ireland gay, straights etc are all the same it's just a sexual orientation we love all our people in 2015 and that's a still a big deal I'm amazed :)

I think I am over complicating it tbh I never seen this way of marketing

But I still feel it could of been done a lot better I watch psychology a lot and the methods used in this video was all brainwashing and manipulating techniques making people laugh and smile without reason just to make you feel a certain reaction to the presentation and it makes you manifest that feeling to the candidate

Of course it's good to have preparation but complete script makes you points less effective and if you see her points it's all empty emotionless buzz words

I think the script needed to be better maybe then

I still feel it could of been done a lot better but taking into account it's only her presidential announcement you are correct :)

It's just a short video with people smiling in it....almost all politicians use something similar. I think you're over analyzing it. The

• edited April 2015

Alt text

...wtf

0 TO 100 REAL QUICK

• edited April 2015

I think just a small amount of people think like that and it's stupid

Flog61 posted: »

Inb4 'get off our forums you feminazi cunt' (actual quote from a month ago); this is actually pretty funny, and accurate judging by how the

• XD that was awesome thank you for the share

If anyone know cimasins on YouTube and are a fan of them then you might like this. this guy did a "everything wrong with walking dead season

• Quite a few members of the forum according to a page or so ago on this thread.

Markd4547 posted: »

I think just a small amount of people think like that and it's stupid

• Ignorant people always have the loudest voices unfortunately

Flog61 posted: »

Quite a few members of the forum according to a page or so ago on this thread.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.