So... "FrostFinger"

I mean... I dont know what telltale is doing with this character.. I mean, he's never mentioned in the show, and as far I know, the books. and for someone who has such an important role in the nights watch.. isn't that kinda... dumb?
I mean he was like theleaderpersonguy for the nights watch, yet never mentioned.... ever. Except for the game, how is everyone okay with this canon break? and Jon Snow is there too, so it's not like it's inbetween any gaps in the show at all..

Comments

• Probably they just didn't want to do Alliser Thorne without having Owen Teale as VA.

• I'm okay with it. It should be Allister Thorne, I think, but most people hate him(I personally like him, that scene from season one when Sam and Jon are cleaning a table and he walks in is awesome). I doubt Telltale wants people to automatically hate the person that's giving Gared orders on sight. I don't know if it's a canon break, I'm sure there are other people training recruits too.

• With how disorganized things were at the Wall during this time period, it doesn't really bug me much.

I kind of think of Frostfinger as someone who came from either Eastwatch or The Shadowtower to help replenish Castle Black after the ranging. Either that, or because Alliser and Slynt and co. have taken over the Management positions, Frostfinger was promoted from being just a Ranger to Training Recruits. Which would make some sense for an older Ranger who already has some old injuries.

• edited April 2015

His voice actor curiously looks exactly like the game model. Maybe a white walker cameo is in order! Haha

• edited April 2015

There aren't that many officers at Castle Black, true, but given it's the largest of the keeps, I imagine they have more than the one trainer to handle recuits. It also makes sense to break up recuits into blocks and assign them a trainer based on the date of their arrival, hence we don't see Thorne.

That's the best excuse I can come up with.

• edited April 2015

Maybe he'll be lost when pursuing Gared beyond the Wall.

Snow says Frostfinger is calling for his head, perhaps he'd like to be the one to catch the deserters personally.
    Gared will probably desert the day they leave for Craster's Keep, and Frostfinger will volunteer to catch him while the rest of the forces press on towards the keep.

In any case, I don't expect him to live through the game.

• Eh, I don't really mind. We don't really deal with "new recruits" at this time in the show so I'm not seeing it as a huge canon break. Though Jon Snow is getting a bit too close for comfort, but I figure we've seen the last major scenes with him for the time being.

• He's gonna die, so why even bother talking about him.

• He's gonna die, so why even bother talking about him.

Uh.... alight, what should we talk about then

JMOREL posted: »

He's gonna die, so why even bother talking about him.

• I guess by that logic there was no point in talking about Luke, Rebecca, Sarah, or Nick during S2 of Walking Dead

He's gonna die, so why even bother talking about him.

• I mean, who care about him, he is a doucebag and he's gonna die. So fuck him.

I guess by that logic there was no point in talking about Luke, Rebecca, Sarah, or Nick during S2 of Walking Dead

• At least their actually dead.....

I guess by that logic there was no point in talking about Luke, Rebecca, Sarah, or Nick during S2 of Walking Dead

• Lol true. Though I think it's very likely Frostfinger won't make it through the season

At least their actually dead.....

• I like him. He's just training men to fight and be prepared to die, like a "general" in some sort of army.

I mean, who care about him, he is a doucebag and he's gonna die. So fuck him.

• And Luke and Sarah had the most stupid death I never seen, they should have survive season 2.

• I like him just like i like Allistar throne, there bastards sure but they need to be.

I like him. He's just training men to fight and be prepared to die, like a "general" in some sort of army.

• edited April 2015

Allistar Thorne was a badass in his own way, but that doesn't mean I didn't hate how he treated Jon and the others a lot of the time.

I like him just like i like Allistar throne, there bastards sure but they need to be.

• Alliser Thorne trained recruits, he was actual fighting with them. Frostfinger is more like the guy responsible for shouting orders and rushing fighters.

• Frostfinger might also be southron or one of the few followers of the New Gods in the North due to the way he says that there was a weirwood tree

Should you Northern boys want your gods to give a blessing to this union, there's a weirwood tree beyond the wall!

• Wow buddy, being a little harsh for just a minor character. He's just doing his job, he's not a douchebag.

• But they're dead right, so not much point talking about them, by your standards.

And Luke and Sarah had the most stupid death I never seen, they should have survive season 2.

• I think that the reason he's an original character is mainly so that he's expendable.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.