So... why are we still alive?

No, really. Why don't the Whitehills just kill all of House Forrester? They have the power to do so, and since they're taking all the Ironwood anyway, it'd make their lives a whole lot easier to just destroy Ironrath and kill everyone in it, rather than having to baby sit for... no reason.

What exactly is holding them back? It's not the Boltons, since Ludd was happy to ignore Ramsay's orders on a whim.

Comments

• I was hoping I missed something mentioned in one of the episodes. I'd understand if they were one of the important Houses and actually mattered. Sucks that House Forrester is alive "just because". Feels like a story with no backbone to support it.

plot

• I seriously ask myself this question every day. Why AM I still alive?

• Welcome to Telltale

I was hoping I missed something mentioned in one of the episodes. I'd understand if they were one of the important Houses and actually mattered. Sucks that House Forrester is alive "just because". Feels like a story with no backbone to support it.

• Because they finally feel like they have power over their old rivals.

• edited April 2015

Because the Forresters are the only ones who know how to cultivate Ironwood? Unless they've got someone on their sides who knows of the Forrester's ironwood secrets, they can't really exterminate them. Subjugating them instead would be the smarter course. Which is why the traitor worries me.

If they kill the Forresters and then turn all their lands into barren hills as is their custom, I'm pretty sure other houses would give them hell for that. Ironwood is a valuable material for pretty much all of Westeros.

• The Whitehills have already started harvesting the Ironwood. Whether or not they make the hills barren is irrelevant. The Whitehills have said that they will take it all, and have started to do so. They obviously don't care one bit about learning from the Forrester's, and there has been nothing said in-game about them enlisting the help of Forrester men.

Yeah, the other Houses may come after them, but like I said, Ludd purposely ignored an order from the Boltons, do you really think he cares or has the foresight to be worried about the other Houses that -may- be angry? He still believes that they don't need the Forresters for anything.

Pride posted: »

Because the Forresters are the only ones who know how to cultivate Ironwood? Unless they've got someone on their sides who knows of the Forr

• Because Whitehills wants to humiliate their rivals? Because Whitehills are greedy jerks, not bloody murderers? Because Forresters craftsmans would riot? Or maybe Ludd has other plans he'll reveal during the meeting in ep. 4? You choose.

• edited April 2015

If Ludd is truly that witless, it might prove to be their downfall.
    I still don't see the reason of him going against Ramsay's decree. Even Ramsay was able to see the wisdom in keeping the Forresters alive and in possession of the ironwood, and that guy is a psycho.

I have a theory that he might have grown more bold because of the traitor in the small council. Someone who might have promised to share with him the Ironwood's secrets. Then there won't be any reason to keep the Forresters around.

I suppose we'll learn more of the Whitehill's true intentions next EP, when we visit their castle.

The Whitehills have already started harvesting the Ironwood. Whether or not they make the hills barren is irrelevant. The Whitehills have sa

• For egotistical reasons. The Whitehills have lived in the Forresters shadows for decades. Now the tables have turned, Ludd wants to rub it in.

• Like MrHazer posted, I think the reason why the Whitehills keep the Forresters alive is because they want to humiliate them. Pay back feels all the more sweeter when you stamp your enemy on the ground and treat them like dogs.

Killing them all isn't very satisfying until humiliation becomes boring to them.

• I have to agree with DaveTheArakin and MrHazer, but to add to that... regardless of the fact that he said "were taking the rest of the Ironwood" even though Ramsay told him they'd only get half, I still think they'd be considering the consequences of literally killing off anyone with the ability to properly harvest Ironwood and craft it into accessories. Killing them all without permission from the Boltons would be a bit more severe than chopping down a few extra trees, one would think.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.