Morgyn and the letter

I forget, did Morgyn want us to burn the letter or to give it to him?

Comments

• I think it was burn.

I might have to redo that part of the Episode, I'm still confused about the whole thing with the letter.

• Same :/

I think it was burn. I might have to redo that part of the Episode, I'm still confused about the whole thing with the letter.

• He said he wanted it to "disappear" in order for an alliance, so probably burn

• Thanks

He said he wanted it to "disappear" in order for an alliance, so probably burn

• He said "if it were to disappear" so he likely meant get rid of it but if you keep it and don't tell anyone including him I think an alliance is possible. Just let him think it's gone.

• Morgryn wanted Mira to present the Ironwood Decree to him without it getting public, that it was linked to Tyrion Lannister because without the decree, Mira is in no position to sell her family's ironwood to the Crown and get the coin to pay Asher's sellsword army. The choice is now to choose between a risky oppurtunity and a chance to make amends for scheming behind Margaery Tyrell's back.

• Actually, Morgryn said "I hope you got the decree from him before..." and when you state that you haven't, he says "being linked to Tyrion is very bad news right now" and proceeds to walk away. When you chase him and tell him you can get it from Tyrion's quarters, he says "it could prove difficult to retrieve but if it were to 'disappear'.. we may be able to work together." To me, that means he wanted you to burn the decree. That said, I don't know why anyone cares. I personally don't trust Morgryn, as he is a Lord who serves House Whitehill, and Gwyn even says Ludd Whitehill is sending boatloads of gold to someone in Kings Landing(most likely Morgryn). These things considered, I think he would betray you somehow because... why in the hell would the Whitehills want to help the Forresters sell Ironwood to the crown?

• He isn't a Whitehill, he's just their middle-man. And given they've tethered their wagon to the Bolton horse, I guess it makes sense to have contingencies, given that house's grasp on the north is loose at best. If the Boltons fall, the Whitehills fall, and he can't profit from the sale of ironwood. But if he's got the Forresters set up to instantly start exporting the stuff, he's safe either way. Maybe.

All that said, odds are you're right about the betrayal thing.

Ryanoo posted: »

Actually, Morgryn said "I hope you got the decree from him before..." and when you state that you haven't, he says "being linked to Tyrion i

• Good point. From a business standpoint, it does indeed make some sense. And yeah, he's not a Whitehill, what I meant was that he's a Lord that serves the Whitehills.

He isn't a Whitehill, he's just their middle-man. And given they've tethered their wagon to the Bolton horse, I guess it makes sense to have

• He can't be a Lord because the lowest Lord when it concerns the Whitehills is Lord Whitehill. Major Lord is Bolton, minor Lord is Whitehill.

Ryanoo posted: »

Good point. From a business standpoint, it does indeed make some sense. And yeah, he's not a Whitehill, what I meant was that he's a Lord that serves the Whitehills.

• I have a feeling without the letter you'll have no choice but to marry him.

• He's a merchant Lord.

LukaszB posted: »

He can't be a Lord because the lowest Lord when it concerns the Whitehills is Lord Whitehill. Major Lord is Bolton, minor Lord is Whitehill.

• Well, I kept it. Maybe I misunderstood him, but I thought he meant by "disappear" to get the decree from Tyrion's room. I'm gonna flip the table if I made a mistake by not burning it. x)

• This ^

AgentZ46 posted: »

He's a merchant Lord.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.