Gared becomes a Wildling?

edited April 2015 in Game Of Thrones

It would make sense because he abandoned the Night's Watch.
What if Cotter led him to the Camps and Gared would meet Mance Rayder?

And from what we can see, Gared would do anything just to get to the North grove. And that would be by joining the Wildlings beyond the Wall.

And if he just randomly deserted the Night's Watch he would be dead, but if he joined the Wildlings then he would be protected. Imagine the shit we could do that we couldn't do before?

But since Gared is a merciful soul, he won't do such things. Or is he..?

But come on, you guys. No one wants a Jon Snow 2.0 story.
But I'm sure Telltale is thinking about showing us both sides of the Wall and how they feel like with Gared throughout our Journey. I mean they won't let that just pass off to Season 2.. (Also, if this was the true plot for Episode 4. Then I bet Telltale are like "DAMNIT! THEY KNOW!")

Comments

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jWF0Yaxf2g

On a serious note, I suppose Gared would become a wildling.

• Yeah Gared is the one who changed his Outfits the most during this season. Second behind him is Rodrik.

1. Gared's Squire Outfit
    2. Gared's Nights Watch Outfit
    3. And number 3...

Alt text

I know this is Jon Snow but Gared in this grey outfit would be cool! :D

• If for some reason he believed in their cause and if Cotter convinced him I could see it happening but I don't think Gared would want to be a wildling.

• Luckily that's a choice I bet we can make. The whole game is about choices right. ^^

AgentZ46 posted: »

If for some reason he believed in their cause and if Cotter convinced him I could see it happening but I don't think Gared would want to be a wildling.

• Alt text

WalkerHH93 posted: »

Luckily that's a choice I bet we can make. The whole game is about choices right. ^^

• edited April 2015

But the Wildlings cause is to get south of the wall to safety, once he sees what's going on up there for Gared's sake i hope he hasn't already deserted.

Edit: having said that i guess he could be convinced helping 100,000 through the wall is a worthy cause even though its probably suicide

If for some reason he believed in their cause and if Cotter convinced him I could see it happening but I don't think Gared would want to be a wildling.

• I think it would be pretty cool for Gared to join the wildings under Cotter's guidance in an alliance to find the North Grove.

• If this does happen, I wonder if Gared will befriend a hot red-haired girl. That sounds very familiar. :)

• Cotter's sister perhaps?

If this does happen, I wonder if Gared will befriend a hot red-haired girl. That sounds very familiar.

• Gared is a Forester that was asked to join the Night's Watch to look for The North Grove, but the Night's Watch fight The Wildlings and now we may betray the Night's Watch to join The Wildlings for The Foresters to find The North Grove, but won't we just end up betraying The Wildlings for The Foresters to bring whatever is at The North Grove to The Foresters?.....man this is confusing.

• I'd much rather have Gared executed by the Night's Watch than soiling his name more than it already is. I mean, he did kill his own brother, so he is a disgrace to the black he wears. How can one trust Gared to find the North Grove when he just cuts down the men he swore to fight alongside with?

• edited April 2015

Eh, he only killed the guy out of self-defense. He'd be dead if he didn't fight back. If my 'brother' were to do that, I'd try to understand. I mean, seriously, he had no choice but to kill Britt. It wasn't as if the guy would have talked it through with him. He doesn't deserve execution for that.

I'd much rather have Gared executed by the Night's Watch than soiling his name more than it already is. I mean, he did kill his own brother,

• That's not an excuse. Gared has sworn in front of the old gods to protect the realm of men. If he can't even protect his own brothers, how can he be trusted to protect the realm? He's just a liability in my eyes and deserves to die.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

Eh, he only killed the guy out of self-defense. He'd be dead if he didn't fight back. If my 'brother' were to do that, I'd try to understand

• You expect him to just let Britt kill him? He killed Britt out of self defense, it was not his fault. Now he has to desert so he isn't executed for something that isn't strictly his fault.

That's not an excuse. Gared has sworn in front of the old gods to protect the realm of men. If he can't even protect his own brothers, how can he be trusted to protect the realm? He's just a liability in my eyes and deserves to die.

• If you say so. I just hope the game will let the player have the choice when Cotter will be like "Gared, we have to go!" to have Gared say to him "I'm not going anywhere..."

JakeSt123 posted: »

You expect him to just let Britt kill him? He killed Britt out of self defense, it was not his fault. Now he has to desert so he isn't executed for something that isn't strictly his fault.

• I'm sorry but would Mance really let another Nights Watch deserter in after what happened with Jon?

• I'd rather have an original plot, please. Gared's story is already too similar to Jon's.

• Well... I did kind of put a sword through a defenceless mans bowels.

I'd consider that murder, and that's not how the Night's Watch works. You kill a brother, you die.

JakeSt123 posted: »

You expect him to just let Britt kill him? He killed Britt out of self defense, it was not his fault. Now he has to desert so he isn't executed for something that isn't strictly his fault.

• Exactly. If Gared were a real brother of the Night's Watch, Britt would still be alive but no, appaerently Gared just wasn't strong enough. If Gared's not strong enough to save his brother's life, how can he be expected to be called a brother at all?

Echopapa posted: »

Well... I did kind of put a sword through a defenceless mans bowels. I'd consider that murder, and that's not how the Night's Watch works. You kill a brother, you die.

• Britt had every intention to kill Gared. He says himself his original plan was to attack him while out at Craster's Keep, but decides to attack him here since they're alone. If anything, the real traitor was Britt, as even if you try to avoid doing serious damage or plead for him to stop, he still keeps attacking.

Gared stabbing Britt is also totally optional. You can avoid most of the more fatal wounds, all else is Gared literally protecting himself from being murdered. Was he just supposed to let Britt kill him? Nonsense.

Exactly. If Gared were a real brother of the Night's Watch, Britt would still be alive but no, appaerently Gared just wasn't strong enough. If Gared's not strong enough to save his brother's life, how can he be expected to be called a brother at all?

• If you say so... I've said my piece: Gared took his vows to protect the realm of men in front of the old gods and now has the blood of a man who did the same in front of the Faith on his hands. Gared as a brother of the Night's Watch is dead to me. Snow may say that the old gods are not forgiving and that brothers have to be in their stead but I expect them to be just as equally merciless.

Britt had every intention to kill Gared. He says himself his original plan was to attack him while out at Craster's Keep, but decides to att

• I hope not, I don't want to play a Jon Snow 2.0 story.

• It's an interesting idea, but I doubt it. Too much like Jon Snow's story - Night's Watch "traitor" that joins the Wildlings for his own reasons, and that it's too much story for Telltale to incorporate in just 3 episodes (assuming that Gared's story doesn't end in a cliffhanger this season).

• I hope not. I don't want Gared's story to, as has been said, be a recycling of Jon's story.

I think, however, Cotter will attempt to talk Gared into it on the way to the North Grove, especially if there is to be something worthwhile. He'll try to convince him in order to avoid fighting him and insist he share whatever he finds at the NG with the wildlings instead.

Of course, there's no way that'll happen with me. I don't want Gared to join the wildlings, and I honestly hope to kill Cotter once I'm done with him. Don't trust him at all.

• I don't think that'll happen. So far there's nothing to suggest that that's a logical progression of his storyline. He's very loyal to the Forresters and will risk his neck finding the North Grove. I'm going to guess that his story will end getting there and helping the Forresters, probably facing execution. Joining the wildlings would help preserve his life, yes, but to me he's too honorable and loyal a man to do that.

• If Gared does joins the wildlings_-SPOILER SPOILER- and survives long enough for Jon Snow to allow all the wildlings to cross the wall into the seven kingdoms, maybe he can bring what ever the North Grove is back to Ironrath. This is all assuming that Gared becomes a wildling, survives, and the Forresters don't get wiped off the map. But this is just before the start of winter and it would be mighty hard to get back to Ironrath in the massive snow storm that engulfs the North.

• My guess is that Cotter's tribe is the tribe Jon Snow joins for a while, and Gared returns with Jon Snow before leaving towards Ironrath with whatever he found at the North Grove.

• Someone should really photoshop this with Gared's face inserted.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

Yeah Gared is the one who changed his Outfits the most during this season. Second behind him is Rodrik. * Gared's Squire Outfit * Gare

• edited April 2015

And your piece makes zero sense in the fact you can make Gared look like a damn victim.

If you say so... I've said my piece: Gared took his vows to protect the realm of men in front of the old gods and now has the blood of a man

• I would love to see that.

Harian96 posted: »

Someone should really photoshop this with Gared's face inserted.

• It wasn't a matter of strength. Keep in mind that Gared was also meant to be Britt's "brother", so technically killing him was justice.

Exactly. If Gared were a real brother of the Night's Watch, Britt would still be alive but no, appaerently Gared just wasn't strong enough. If Gared's not strong enough to save his brother's life, how can he be expected to be called a brother at all?

• Well, my Gared did everything in his power to not fight Britt. I tried to talk him down, and choose the least agressive attack options. I only fought back because I'd be dead otherwise. He did nothing but protect himself in my game. Hell, Jon Snow broke a whole list worth of his vows, but that doesn't mean he deserved to die either. What would you do in that situation? Let yourself get killed my a man who'd already murdered your family?

J-Master posted: »

And your piece makes zero sense in the fact you can make Gared look like a damn victim.

• I would have my insides turned inside out in that situation since I'm in no way educated in the arts of the sword fight.

Well, my Gared did everything in his power to not fight Britt. I tried to talk him down, and choose the least agressive attack options. I on

• Hah, well, me too, probably.

I would have my insides turned inside out in that situation since I'm in no way educated in the arts of the sword fight.

• But seriously, a fight is a fight and the only thing one can hope to do is win. However, if the blood of a man who swore the same vows as me would run down my blade, no matter the motivations or circumstances, I would consider it evidence of weakness and myself not worthy to be called a brother or to live for that matter, since it goes to show that I can not protect anyone.

Hah, well, me too, probably.

• You don't trust someone so now you want to kill him? That's a bit drastic in my opinion.

I hope not. I don't want Gared's story to, as has been said, be a recycling of Jon's story. I think, however, Cotter will attempt to talk

• It's more that I don't trust him to not go telling the wildlings about the North Grove. When Gared asks why he wants to help, he gives a very vague, very suspicious "I have my reasons". That's why.

You don't trust someone so now you want to kill him? That's a bit drastic in my opinion.

• I understand that but I feel like it doesn't make sense to kill someone because of what they "might" do.

It's more that I don't trust him to not go telling the wildlings about the North Grove. When Gared asks why he wants to help, he gives a very vague, very suspicious "I have my reasons". That's why.

• Right now, this is my perception of him. That he'll likely betray me, so I'm staying on guard. If he does end up proving me wrong and is trustworthy, then I'll change my stance.

I understand that but I feel like it doesn't make sense to kill someone because of what they "might" do.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.