Scene/decision removed by Telltale

So, maybe a choice that I did(or didn't make) has something to do with this but I don't see why. To be honest, it seems like this scene was literally removed from the game(which I doubt but I did play the game IMMEDIATELY after it came out). I was wondering if anyone else noticed this and remembers the scene I'm referring to.

At the end of one of the episodes, while playing as Mira... you're sitting at a table in Margaery's quarters and there are two objects on the table. I can't remember exactly, but I think one object is a key and the other is an emblem or a bag of gold or something.

On my second playthrough, I waited for the scene to occur because I was going to better examine what the objects were and it simply never occurred. The only thing I can think of that might have changed this is I didn't ask Lady Margaery for help at the request of Lady Forrester. Still, even then, it seems odd that, THAT would impact whether or not you can pocket a key and an emblem.

Anyone have any input?

Comments

• Makes a bit of sense then. The writing so far is so shabby that I'm wondering if taking the items is even going to have any effect at this point. Thanks for the answer though... even though it still seems odd that you don't still have the option.

The only thing I can think of that might have changed this is I didn't ask Lady Margaery for help at the request of Lady ForresterThe only t

• The only thing I can think of that might have changed this is I didn't ask Lady Margaery for help at the request of Lady ForresterThe only thing I can think of that might have changed this is I didn't ask Lady Margaery for help at the request of Lady Forrester

Thats it. Marge never has to tell Mira about her mother so that scene never occurs, also it assumes that Mira doesnt want to get in any trouble so she wont do those things

• . The writing so far is so shabby that I'm wondering if taking the items is even going to have any effect at this point.

I disagree. I think the writing in this game is really great and something like items having an effect shouldn't impact that. Items mean less than nothing in a lot of video games.

Ryanoo posted: »

Makes a bit of sense then. The writing so far is so shabby that I'm wondering if taking the items is even going to have any effect at this point. Thanks for the answer though... even though it still seems odd that you don't still have the option.

• edited April 2015

I wouldn't say the writing has been great. If you don't ask for help in episode one, then Margaery agrees to help with the betrothal in episode two. Yet you still get the option to forge the letter (which is pointless if she's agreed to help) and Margaery helping you is literally never brought up again.

. The writing so far is so shabby that I'm wondering if taking the items is even going to have any effect at this point. I disagree.

• It's a usual Telltale plot hole that's consistent in all their games. The overall story, however, is still written well imo.

MrHazer posted: »

I wouldn't say the writing has been great. If you don't ask for help in episode one, then Margaery agrees to help with the betrothal in epi

• edited April 2015

I may have missed something though, as I only picked up the seal and left the key. 2 episodes later, I realised I took a seal in an earlier episode, but I checked the inventory and the seal was gone, and replaced with the key. I never wanted to take it in the first place! could this be a glitch?

• I gotta say, if Episode 4 isn't spectacular or great then this series is officially going to be a huge letdown for me.

MrHazer posted: »

I wouldn't say the writing has been great. If you don't ask for help in episode one, then Margaery agrees to help with the betrothal in epi

• That's a problem, since Telltale has a history of mediocre 4th episodes (Around Every Corner, In Sheep's Clothing, Amid the Ruins).

I gotta say, if Episode 4 isn't spectacular or great then this series is officially going to be a huge letdown for me.

• Is this popular opinion..? I agree that In Sheep's Clothing was meh, but Around Every Corner is certainly what I consider the best episode of TWD1. Amid the Ruins was also my second favorite of TWD2, right after A House Divided.

That's a problem, since Telltale has a history of mediocre 4th episodes (Around Every Corner, In Sheep's Clothing, Amid the Ruins).

• They always seem to make it up with the finale, but that's just my opinion of course. No Time Left, No Going Back, and Cry Wolf are my favorite episodes from each season.

• If you enjoyed them, that's completely fine, I respect that, but these episodes, based on what I have seen, are generally considered the weak points of each season. Around Every Corner is more of a filler episode, the entire Crawford storyline isn't important at all to the overall story, and Amid the Ruins has some shoddy writing and inconsequential choices.

Donut Funn posted: »

Is this popular opinion..? I agree that In Sheep's Clothing was meh, but Around Every Corner is certainly what I consider the best episode of TWD1. Amid the Ruins was also my second favorite of TWD2, right after A House Divided.

• But it won't be the penultimate episode since there will be 6 episodes this time instead of 5.

• I don't know, like @El_Taco1220 has said, I think that's more of a problem with their penultimate episodes. I'm optimistic about Episode 4, which I wasn't about Episode 3 for some reason. I have a feeling I'm gonna enjoy it.

That's a problem, since Telltale has a history of mediocre 4th episodes (Around Every Corner, In Sheep's Clothing, Amid the Ruins).

• Why? I think every episode in this game has been spectacular and great (IMO of course) so I'm not seeing that Episode 4 will be any different.

I gotta say, if Episode 4 isn't spectacular or great then this series is officially going to be a huge letdown for me.

• Around Every Corner was one of the best episodes of the whole series so far IMO, and most people think that as well. Why would you classify it as mediocre?

• In terms of writing, it's good, but in terms of the overall story, it's nothing more than a filler episode. From the moment the group arrives in Savannah to Lee getting bit, the whole Crawford storyline is inconsequential to the overall main plot of Season 1. Chuck is completely forgotten about (which bugs me since he was one of my favorite characters), you're basically forced into complying with Kenny's boat plan, even if you think it won't work, and the reveal that Crawford, which was built up as this evil, Nazi-like society, actually being overrun with walkers was a let down. And for a filler episode, it's over 2 and a half hours long and feels like it just drags on to the point where you wish it was over.

Maybe mediocre isn't the correct term, because this episode did have some good moments to it and sets up the finale wonderfully, but it's not one of the best episodes, imo.

Around Every Corner was one of the best episodes of the whole series so far IMO, and most people think that as well. Why would you classify it as mediocre?

• Good points, I do agree with you on some of them. I liked the Savannah setting, the Crawford situation, and Molly mostly, which is why I really enjoyed the episode, but I can see why some people may not have liked it.

In terms of writing, it's good, but in terms of the overall story, it's nothing more than a filler episode. From the moment the group arrive

• Because I found Episode 3 mostly weak. It just did not draw me in as much as the other two episodes. Rodrik's scenes were awesome as always, but Mira's were just frustrating and like others have said about the episode, the whole thing with being patient and letting Margaery become queen before asking for help just became pointless considering how she wants to get rid of you, even if you don't speak to Tyrion (that scene in particular was really poorly written in my opinion) and I was really disappointed in how generic Britt was. Asher's scenes were good, but choosing meeting Daenerys to be the ending was a very weak way to end the episode, considering how a lot of people don't really enjoy her.

Why? I think every episode in this game has been spectacular and great (IMO of course) so I'm not seeing that Episode 4 will be any different.

• edited April 2015

Hm I don't agree. I thought it was one of Telltale's best episode (like a 9.5/10), and any weak writing was the usual in a Telltale game. But I guess everyone has their own opinions, but I agree that I have high hopes for Episode 4 too. Like a season of the show, the first half is slower and setting things up and the second half is when shit really hits the fan.

Because I found Episode 3 mostly weak. It just did not draw me in as much as the other two episodes. Rodrik's scenes were awesome as always,

• Like a season of the show, the first half is slower and setting things up and the second half is when shit really hits the fan.

Bingo. I'm excited to see Highpoint and Ludd again, partially because his voice actor is amazing.

Hm I don't agree. I thought it was one of Telltale's best episode (like a 9.5/10), and any weak writing was the usual in a Telltale game. Bu

• edited April 2015

Nothing good can come out of the Highpoint scenes most likely, which makes me feel bad in a sense for looking forward to them :P

Like a season of the show, the first half is slower and setting things up and the second half is when shit really hits the fan. Bingo. I'm excited to see Highpoint and Ludd again, partially because his voice actor is amazing.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.