Correct me if i'm wrong

![Also makes a mean sausage](http://i.imgur.com/E1PiCah.jpg "Always start with a laugh)

Lets ignore Roderick who is literally doing all he can do.

Mira's attempts to help her family are being crushed and if you sided with tyrion you're best hope is to be sent away home and that's if you're lucky. If you're completely with Marjorie you might be a little safer but still not much help.

Asher Is going to Daenarys who has gathered an army. Presumably she didn't gather an army for the international Armed Forces Dance Competition and therefore any attempt at taking them from Daenary's goals is fruitless.

Gared is told to betray the nightwatch which will put a death sentence on his head and find the north grove. Then he eats his magical gamma radiation beans and lifts the entire grove on his back and carries it home? they dont have the people to brave wildlings and the nightwatch to harvest the forest and gared's life will be forfeit if he does this.

Is this basically setting up we all die for house forrester or we live by cutting ties?

Comments

• I honestly wouldn't be surprised if House Forrester is destined to be doomed from the start.

• edited April 2015

I think there' still some hope for Mira and Asher's plotlines. I mean, Asher can probably trade knowledge about Dany's dragon for a few men for an army. Mira, while in a more precarious spot, could still pull off an Ironwood deal to get money for her family. Not holding much hope for Rodrik's betrothal to the Glenmores, even if secured, but it's still plausible.

Gared's plotline does confuse me, though. Let's say he finds the North Grove, a hidden fortress, a "forest within a forest", great. What would he do then? Are there people there? Is there something he can eaily transfer or carry? Is there knowledge he can bring back? Because if it's not easy to move, then I can't see it doing much good. He would have to tell House Forrester, and that would require him risking his life again going back to the Wall and taking up valuable time they don't really have. And if others do need to get to it, you're right, it's a little difficult to do when it's on the other side of the Wall and so far away from Ironrath.

• Someone will probably be killed, but I don't think the house will die off yet. The Forresters are named in the 5th book, which the game doesn't cover. Also, the game looks to be a multi-season project.

That is, unless the quote is referencing a single Forrester who never made it back to Ironrath, which would suggest it be Asher, since it's not likely Mira will be a tracker or a hunter.

• Technically they're named as a clan, not a house, but that could be because the POV character for that chapter is one of the Ironborn and just doesn't consider House Forrester as a house (or something like that). On the other hand, House Forrester/Ironrath might fall but some escape and form a new house-clan thing.

dfh15 posted: »

Someone will probably be killed, but I don't think the house will die off yet. The Forresters are named in the 5th book, which the game does

• Not all of Mira's attempts may be crushed. If she can work something out with the Whitehill merchant, she may get her family the coin.

Dany certainly is stubborn and unreasonable at times, but I don't see her denying Asher the 100 men. Hell, we can milk the fact that Malcolm fought for the Targs to win her favor.

Gared's North Grove is probably a very Red Herring type plot. It could lead to him being killed, or it could be the one out of three that actually helps House Forrester. All we know at this point is that we have to get the fuck away from the Wall and go find the North Grove. When we actually get there is really only when we can make logical conclusions on how this will help Ironrath.

All in all, their chances aren't great but they aren't bad either, so I don't think the game is just one whole setup for House Forrester to fall.

• The Forresters are named in the 5th book, which the game doesn't cover. Also, the game looks to be a multi-season project.

Well the game is canon to the show, not the books. Also, Season 2 could cover another House/story, remember that.

But I do agree. If the House does fall, Asher (or whoever is really left of House Forrester) will be the "tracker/hunter" helping Stannis that we could see in Season 2.

dfh15 posted: »

Someone will probably be killed, but I don't think the house will die off yet. The Forresters are named in the 5th book, which the game does

• Danaerys: Well my enemy has 3 million troops and i have 5 million so... how many do you need?

{seems highly unlikely to me }

Mira looks like she's going to be screwed over if she turns to make a new deal. "Ah thank you for this contract i'll use it to screw you over now"

I think in the end it's going to turn out that the only way to survive is if Mira basically brown noses margeray and becomes mira {margerays house here} Gared gives up on house forrester for his brothers in the watch. And Asher joins Daenarys instead of going home.

LoseMyHome posted: »

I think there' still some hope for Mira and Asher's plotlines. I mean, Asher can probably trade knowledge about Dany's dragon for a few men

• edited April 2015

Well, I doubt Dany would put it that way. To her, her dragon is probably more valuable than 100 men, or not as easily replaceable anyways. I mean, I haven't watched that much of the show yet, but that just seems like something she values most. It wouldn't be an easy persuasion sure, but it's not outside possibility. I don't see why Asher would join Dany, though. Gared completely abandoning House Forrester for the Night's Watch is also highly unlikely, especially now since he killed a brother.

I still have some faith that telltale wouldn't make a game that's hopeless from the start. What would be the point in sinking so much time in creating a game where the player is doomed to fail at everything? Sure some plotlines aren't going to be as rewarding as others but not giving the player any goal or hope to aim for makes for an unsatisfying game. I think at least someone's efforts will pay off in some way.

CapnJay posted: »

Danaerys: Well my enemy has 3 million troops and i have 5 million so... how many do you need? {seems highly unlikely to me } Mira look

• I think the message is "You can stay loyal and die or you can jump ship and live with the guilt" But from what I know about Game of Thrones in general is Anyone can die and there isn't hope. I fully expect Mira to be killed. Mostly because being a female character her death would be hard hitting. As for not having a possible satisfying ending thats solved with two words "No Refunds" i'm sure there is plenty of series that ended horribly because eff it you've already paid.

TTG hasn't been that company in any of the games they've made so i'm more putting it on GoT being a dark depressing series than TTG trying to screw anyone. They try to screw the fans by Giving them what they want but in a horrible way they didnt expect like letting you kill a hated character but in bad circumstances or humanizing the character first.

Well, I doubt Dany would put it that way. To her, her dragon is probably more valuable than 100 men, or not as easily replaceable anyways. I

• edited April 2015

Of course I'm not saying it's not going to be dark and depressing. You're right, this is Game of Thrones after all and characters will die, I'm even betting Gared's probably going to die by the end. I'm just saying there has to be some sort of resolution to this story, and Telltale seems to be more about good writing than ripping people off. Having these characters no longer strive for any of the goals set in previous episodes doesn't make a very good story, in my opinion.

It's why I personally think TWD season 1 was better than TWD season 2: There was a clear goal throughout (keep Clementine safe, which was realized despite also being dark and depressing) while the second season picked up and dropped goals each episode (Find Christa, find Wellington, escape Carver, keep AJ safe, only some of which were realized). But even if the resolution doesn't actually end in anyone helping anything and everyone dies, helping the Forresters should still be a collective goal of all these characters until the end, even if they all have other conflicting priorities to deal with.

I think the message is "You can stay loyal and die or you can jump ship and live with the guilt" But from what I know about Game of Thrones

• When i told a friend of mine my theory on forsaking the forresters I said "Either Gared will betray the nightwatch be hunted and killed for desertion or he'll betray the forresters and stand with his brothers" He responded "And then get killed at the battle of castle black" So Gared could be doomed either way.

Of course I'm not saying it's not going to be dark and depressing. You're right, this is Game of Thrones after all and characters will die,

• I don't really see us getting much of a choice in the matter. Gared will most likely desert to find the North Grove no matter what, because the game will demand it and they've been building up for a while now. I think his loyalty will be less tested with the Night's Watch, which will probably be after his head anyways after his incident with Britt, and more with his remaining brothers, such as Finn or Cotter or Jon Snow, who all might genuinely want to help him.

But yeah I don't see Gared getting out of this without getting executed.

When i told a friend of mine my theory on forsaking the forresters I said "Either Gared will betray the nightwatch be hunted and killed for

Sign in to comment in this discussion.