Game Of Thrones [TV Show] Season 5 Episode 3 Discussion

I know it doesn't come out for a few days, but I find the trailer to be really good and generate a good amount of hype. :D Here it is:

5x03 Preview

Now, I may or may not have watched the leaked episode online, but ASSUMING I did.... I'd say it was the best episode for this season yet and the season is starting to pick up.

Comments

• Its going to be badass

• The Boltons are in = It's gonna be great :)

• So we're seeing inside Winterfell for the first time since... the end of season 2 with Theon's speech? The shows budget must have increased significantly since then, i wonder new sets/upgrades it'll get!

The Boltons are in = It's gonna be great

• It's a great episode, I'll just say that.

• edited April 2015

I thought the episode was pretty good

• Arya's stuff was pretty good though she still feels way away from anyone else
    • Tyrion continues to get whitewashed, hes still great I just miss book tyrion
    • JORAH!
    • I'm unsure what Varys is going to do? So far hes being playing another book role really and I was half expecting him to fill another one as well but we will see

• The kings landing stuff was fantastic Marg vs Cersei is just great, and I have to admit Tommen is so much more of a character here

• The qyburn stuff is still weird to me but oh well
    • The sparrow stuff is.... okay
    • Also at the very least Mira was based off one of Margery's handmaidens in that scene, best case that is mira

• Brienne and pod were ....alright, exposition I suppose

• The sansa change is a big one and while I really like the winterfell arc in the book I hope they dont keep everything from that storyline particularly if sansa takes that role. Though I have to admit taking out a few of the "fake" characters is good.
    • More good Jon stuff and nice to see he gets called out on being overly honourable
  • EDD, FETCH ME A BLOCK.

Alt text

...uh, I mean, Olly, bring me my sword. Whatever.

• edited April 2015

Alt text

No exact lookalikes, but the one standing in the front looks a bit Sera-ish. Does anyone know if gold/blue scarfy thingshave any meaning? Mira's is blue as well. Is it just fashion? :D

• Good episode. I like how Tyrion's story is MORE OR LESS leading where the books are leading. They are cutting a lot, but they are handling it really well.
    The Wall is the best of this season, and I wasn't a big fan of one-of-two-faces Jon. Stannis is the Mannis no doubt.
    Sansa hasn't showed her new personality this season yet, in this episode she was the little girl she's been for the first three and 1/2 seasons, but a little wedding will wake her.

• is qyburn making a super mountain? Or what

• edited April 2015

I liked to following

• Gotta feel for Tommen. That boy has no chance...
    • Arya drops the C-Bomb
    • Getting to see Ramsay again
    • Little Finger may have met his match in Roose
    • Brienne and Podrick starting to get along
    • Seeing Tyrion back in his natural habitat (a brothel)
    • Jon crosses the point of no return
  • Yes

is qyburn making a super mountain? Or what

• I think the one second from right looks like Sera too. The one in the middle looks the most like Mira. My guess is though, canonically, Mira will be long gone by this point.

Dalek93 posted: »

No exact lookalikes, but the one standing in the front looks a bit Sera-ish. Does anyone know if gold/blue scarfy thingshave any meaning? Mira's is blue as well. Is it just fashion?

• Gotta feel sorry for Sansa.. Sad that the manderly pies look to be excluded from this season..

• Unless Ramsey serves Frey pie as a gift to Sansa during their wedding feast! Someone suggested perhaps Ramsay wants his inheritance early and will serve the pie with some Roose liver on the side! Ramsy had no part in the red wedding and Sansa may believe him

Whether it goes that far or not, I dont think he'll hurt Sansa. Roose explained her importance. Plus shes wanted for regicide so she can play up to that reputation

lindblom posted: »

Gotta feel sorry for Sansa.. Sad that the manderly pies look to be excluded from this season..

• This was a great episode! Best of this season so far. There wasn't really anything I didn't like in this episode.

Castle Black was great again, another nice scene between Jon and Stannis, and Slynt's execution was pretty good too. Sansa/LF and BriPod both felt better in this episode too. Brienne's story from her childhood was neat and Sansa in WF seems so far actually pretty good - interesting to see where that goes.

King's Landing was solid, Tommen is a lucky boy, Cersei vs. Margy intensifies, High Sparrow is in, and Qyburn's laboratory.... damn, can't wait to see Robert Strong (or whatever he'll be called in the show). Arya was okay, but just like in the books she feels so isolated from the big story that it's kinda weird. And Volantis was awesome. "I'm taking you to the queen." Chills.

I'd rate this 8,5/10

• I doubt it..

tmsmyth4 posted: »

Unless Ramsey serves Frey pie as a gift to Sansa during their wedding feast! Someone suggested perhaps Ramsay wants his inheritance early an

• I totally see Sera in this pic. Also see Mira... now whenever I see Maergery's hand maidens I am constantly looking for Mira.

No exact lookalikes, but the one standing in the front looks a bit Sera-ish. Does anyone know if gold/blue scarfy thingshave any meaning? Mira's is blue as well. Is it just fashion?

• Either way there are other ways to include Frey pie without Lord to fat to sit a horse. It can be any northern house, perhaps even the small folk inside Winterfell

lindblom posted: »

I doubt it..

• edited April 2015

Can you tell I'm still reading the books when I kept having "will they won't they?" thoughts this episode? I wasn't sure Arya would throw away Needle or not (so glad she didn't!) and if Jon Snow would chop off the guy's head, though I figured he would in the end to show his authority and how seriously he takes the Night's Watch oaths.

I am nervous with Sansa around Ramsay, but that's just because he terrifies me to no end and I actually like Sansa.

I'm not too worried about Tyrion being captured by Ser Jorah, but I am more worried about that priestess who saw him.

This episode also got me thinking about the game, as it did bring up an interesting point that means hope for our little Forresters. With Tywin dead, the Boltons aren't as secure in the north, which means their backing of the Whitehills isn't as strong either. I don't know if this will result to anything, but it is a thought point.

EDIT: Accidentally put Tyrell instead of Tywin. Fixed now.

• Did you mean with Tywin dead?

JazzyTheMan posted: »

Can you tell I'm still reading the books when I kept having "will they won't they?" thoughts this episode? I wasn't sure Arya would throw aw

• Yes. Thank you. >_< My brain blanked on the name and I put in the first Ty-something that came to mind that wasn't Tyrion XD

AgentZ46 posted: »

Did you mean with Tywin dead?

• Mira

Alt text

I totally see Sera in this pic. Also see Mira... now whenever I see Maergery's hand maidens I am constantly looking for Mira.

• Well Janos that's what you get for betraying Ned and killing babies. At the very least you could have sucked it up instead of crying like a girl who was dumped at prom you wuss.

EDD, FETCH ME A BLOCK. ...uh, I mean, Olly, bring me my sword. Whatever.

• Mira looks more like this one to me

Alt text

• Well, yes.. The Boltons will definetly have problem with keeping the North under their control. But their current situation is rather secure given that they got themselves and their army inside the 'greatest' fortress in the North. I don't really think that Stannis should pose any real threat to their house survival unless they get infiltrated from inside.

Can you tell I'm still reading the books when I kept having "will they won't they?" thoughts this episode? I wasn't sure Arya would throw aw

• edited April 2015

I'm wondering as to what the laws specifically say when it comes to TV and sex with underage actors. Dean-Charles Chapman is only 17 years old so obviously they can't have him partake in actual sexual events and there's no way he wasn't wearing pants in the bed while filming but I was surprised to find that Natalie Dormer was completely nude for that scene.

Edit: I found an article that explains it nicely.

Article: http://www.mtv.com/news/2144126/game-of-thrones-dean-charles-chapman-natalie-dormer-sex-scene/

• edited April 2015

Could they do a bigger 'fuck you' to the readers than this? I'm honestly baffled here. Why D&D? why alienating you book readers fans so much? why not give them these small memorable lines we all love and just want to see on screen? the fact that they changed it didn't bother me as much as the thought process behind it. I really think they did it for spite to the book readers to show that the show is a different entity.

As for the episode...It was good, I guess. So Cersei send a message to LF and in the next scene he gets it in Winterfell? this actually did bother me because it's a prime example of poor writing, LF and Sansa spends 2 episodes on the road and then a rider from the Eyrie arrives like day after she sent the letter...Did it arrive in a FedEx plane or something(and Tom Hanks wasn't on it thank god)

So there's a lot of foreshadowing in (saint) Tyrion's story about Greyscales, last episode we had Gilly's conversaion with Shireen and now they actually used the term "stone men" so I think we're gonna get a really neat scene from the books in the next episodes.

I won't talk about the rest of the stuff that were bad because I honestly don't want to write an essay but I'll just say this, something is off this season for me, not sure what but it's just feels really wrong, like it's not GoT anymore and I don't think it's just me here

EDD, FETCH ME A BLOCK. ...uh, I mean, Olly, bring me my sword. Whatever.

• Dean-Charles got so fucking lucky

I'm wondering as to what the laws specifically say when it comes to TV and sex with underage actors. Dean-Charles Chapman is only 17 years o

• I guess Jorah's arrival right now means that Young Griff really isn't coming (or at least not until very late in the season). Otherwise, was a really good episode, I liked how similar the execution of Janos was.

• Wait Tommen is 17? They sure did a good job of making him look about 12

I'm wondering as to what the laws specifically say when it comes to TV and sex with underage actors. Dean-Charles Chapman is only 17 years o

• That the one im thinking, the rest dont really look like either but those two are almost identical

Pride posted: »

Mira looks more like this one to me

• edited April 2015

Haha, my first thought. Dude has bragging rights back home now. :P

Dean-Charles got so fucking lucky

• edited April 2015

I'm pretty sure they're dropping Young Griff altogether. I read it in a few places and I'm 90% positive.

• Dude, right? He has some memories to last him forever.

Dean-Charles got so fucking lucky

• Yeah. Last season Dean-Charles sounded and looked even younger.

Wait Tommen is 17? They sure did a good job of making him look about 12

• The north remembers.

• :(

I'm pretty sure they're dropping Young Griff altogether. I read it in a few places and I'm 90% positive.

• Indeed it does, the time of the wolves will come.

Tolispro posted: »

The north remembers.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.