Gared has to become a ranger?

If you fail the tasks in episode 2 (sword fighting, crossbow shooting and barrel lifting) does Gared still become a ranger?

Comments

• So he doesnt become a ranger? What then? Steward, Builder?

no

• Wow, meanie. And I hoped that i wouldnt become a ranger...

I was joking :P sorry...

• I was joking :P

sorry...

So he doesnt become a ranger? What then? Steward, Builder?

• Why? Rangers are pretty cool.

Wow, meanie. And I hoped that i wouldnt become a ranger...

• Yes, becuse that's how TTG will send him to the North Grove.

• He's a ranger no matter what, but it feels like a bit of a missed opportunity as his assignment doesn't mean anything by the end of the episode. Killing Britt forces him to desert no matter what.

As it has no consequences, the test probably should have given you a different post based on how well you did. If you did well, you're a ranger, if you did average, you're a builder. If you sucked, you become a steward.

• Duncan bribed Frostfinger with ironwood to make Gared a ranger.

• That explains the long pause when Frostfinger was assigning everyone :o

fallandir posted: »

Duncan bribed Frostfinger with ironwood to make Gared a ranger.

• well i was kinda over-analyzing too. After I saw that Jon Snow nods to Frostfinger after your first test (whatever you do)
    i redid it and took the crossbow test first (I thought I would get one, then) but yeah. 3 tests, all could be done either good or bad and
    a Jon Snow walking away after the first test.. Would be a bummer if TT wouldn't make anything outta it.

If Gared really HAS TO flee with cotter, it wouldn't even matter that he's a ranger or not. I hope there is some way to search for the NG
    without breaking your vows.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.