Asher and his Siblings and Mother

Lord Gregor and Asher have a strain relationship. But what do you thing the relationship is like with his siblings and his mother?

Comments

• I think Asher was closest to Mira out of all of his siblings, as he would've been about 3-5 when she was born. I imagine he's always thought of her as his baby sister.

In regards to Rodrik, I think that Asher resented him for a while as Rodrik was always the 'successful' one of them both. In time it possibly grew into a more friendly rivalry and I guess they might have practiced swordfighting with each other.

According to Elissa he was very defensive of Ethan and Talia, but I'm not sure how much time he spent with either of them aside from when he was protecting them. He probably got on with them both and it's more than likely he influenced Talia's more fiery side, so I guess he must have spent some time with her.

I don't think he really got to know Ryon. If Asher left at 17 and he's been with Beskha for four years, that makes him 21 at the least, so Ryon would have only been 3 or younger when he departed. Chances are Asher probably saw himself in Ryon, though, as Ryon seems to have a bit of an aggressive/vengeful personality.

• Asher obviously still care about his family. Like Jake has mentioned, he is probably closest to Mira.

I think Rodrik's and Asher's relationship is interesting. They are basically each others opposites, You can see it in the family painting. Rodrik is standing right, close to his father while Asher stands to the far left. Rodrik carrying a sword means that he is honorable and discipline. While Asher carries an axe, meaning he is hot-headed and a bit wild. Their weapon also show their fighting style, with Asher being aggressive while Rodrik is calm and collected. I am interested to see them properly comment on their thoughts and opinion of one another.

Alt text

• Nice interpretation, I like it.

Asher obviously still care about his family. Like Jake has mentioned, he is probably closest to Mira. I think Rodrik's and Asher's relati

• Nice analysis Dave

Asher obviously still care about his family. Like Jake has mentioned, he is probably closest to Mira. I think Rodrik's and Asher's relati

• I don't think Asher had a bad relationship with his mother. She most likely didn't agree with all his actions or his personality, but I don't their relationship was as bad his relationship with Lord Gregor.

As for his siblings, the only one I can see him having a difficult time dealing with is Rodrik, which isn't surprising. Rodrik was the eldest child, the heir to Ironrath, known for his skill on the battlefield. It's completely understandable why Asher would resent him, which could lead to conflict between the two.

He probably got along with his other siblings though, with his closest friend being Mira. He was probably very protective of Ethan and Talia (which is shown in Lady Forrester's story of the miller's boy), and was probably the same towards Ryon, though he knew him the least.

If we ever get the chance to have them interact with one another again (which I highly doubt), I hope to keep them all nice towards each other. They've been through enough to where their own family is turning against each other.

• Asher given a chance to Talk to his Father!

Alt text

• I didn't know Asher says that about his siblings in episode two, that's really cool.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.