How does Margaery know Ramsay?

The two have nothing to do with one another in the books and show so why the hell does she seem shocked to see Ramsay's letter in Iron From Ice? Matching game and show time period Ramsay is still a bastard thus wouldn't have any direct interaction with anyone as high as Margaery unless it was through his father.

Comments

• edited May 2015

I'm still catching up on the show and everything, but I'm guessing she knows him either though Roose or he might just have a reputation. I'm betting on the latter.

• He's got a reputation she's never met him but everybody knows about Ramsay.

• She might not have heard of him but she will have known of his father and everything that happened there

• I guess everyone knows in Westeros that the Boltons are sick psychopaths, especially Ramsay.

• The thing is Ramsay wasn't considered a Bolton until the end of Season 4. Up until then he was just Roose's bastard and errand boy. Why would she know a bastard (which are one in a million in Westeros)

SoMuchSass posted: »

I guess everyone knows in Westeros that the Boltons are sick psychopaths, especially Ramsay.

• edited May 2015

Ramsay's not just another bastard, he does some pretty messed up stuff. And he's still bastard to the Warden of the North. I think people knew of Jon Snow too.

Clemenem posted: »

The thing is Ramsay wasn't considered a Bolton until the end of Season 4. Up until then he was just Roose's bastard and errand boy. Why would she know a bastard (which are one in a million in Westeros)

• He must have a reputation or I don't know :D

The thing is Ramsay wasn't considered a Bolton until the end of Season 4. Up until then he was just Roose's bastard and errand boy. Why would she know a bastard (which are one in a million in Westeros)

• Mostly Reputation, But Ramsay is also Roose's Only child now.
    In the Books:

SPOILER SPOILER He's also infamous for Kinslaying Roose's bloodborn son and getting away with it SPOILER SPOILER

• He's the Bastard of Bolton. He must have a reputation with a name like that.

• Except for Littlefinger who knows nothing of Ramseys reputation apparently judging by his actions in recent episodes

AgentZ46 posted: »

He's got a reputation she's never met him but everybody knows about Ramsay.

• I think the question really is: Who doesn't know Ramsay?

• edited May 2015

Littlefinger to Ramsay "I've heard very little about you". Doesn't seem like bullshit. This had to be true otherwise his treatment of Sansa makes no sense

torkahn808 posted: »

I think the question really is: Who doesn't know Ramsay?

• Littlefinger knows Ramsay's reputation as well as his situation. The Boltons are in a situation where they are surrounded by everyone that wants to revolt. Ramsay doesn't want a revolt against his father by everyone in the North except the Whitehills.

tmsmyth4 posted: »

Except for Littlefinger who knows nothing of Ramseys reputation apparently judging by his actions in recent episodes

• Actually 9/10 times Littlefinger does bullshit. Remember his words to Sansa about avenging her family?

• edited May 2015

People hadn't all met Robb Stark, yet they all knew of him when he raised his banners. It's just a matter of reputation and family, it doesn't matter if they haven't actually met.

• In S5 he days he doesn't know him which doesn't make sense because he gets around more than Margaery does

LukaszB posted: »

Littlefinger knows Ramsay's reputation as well as his situation. The Boltons are in a situation where they are surrounded by everyone that w

• Littlefinger is a manipulative liar, just in case you forgot about it. He knows the Bolton situation, as he told Sansa that everyone in the North is ready to revolt against the Boltons.

In S5 he days he doesn't know him which doesn't make sense because he gets around more than Margaery does

• Take a wild guess as to which House is likely leading the rebellion

Littlefinger is a manipulative liar, just in case you forgot about it. He knows the Bolton situation, as he told Sansa that everyone in the North is ready to revolt against the Boltons.

• The most logical and illogical at the same time are the Karstarks hence that's my guess for major house. Though for the start of it my guess would be the Forresters (Stark bannermen, and likely to align to the Karstarks) against the Whitehills who Bolton bannermen.

Take a wild guess as to which House is likely leading the rebellion

• Well Rickard is dead however I think before the events of S5 the Boltons will punish the Whitehills in some way for their defiance and not being able to produce the ironwood they promised. I could see the Forresters leading the army with more number whether it be from either Asher or Mira

The most logical and illogical at the same time are the Karstarks hence that's my guess for major house. Though for the start of it my guess

• Mira will never raise an army. And from Talia's song which has spoilers only Asher will fully succeed. Mira is in the worst predicament but if she remains she will get the gold needed to help Asher, through Margeary. Gared will narrowly escape from the cannibal wildlings thanks to Jon Snow and Mance.

Well Rickard is dead however I think before the events of S5 the Boltons will punish the Whitehills in some way for their defiance and not b

• most likely because he has a reputation across westeros plus him being the bastard of roose bolton

• He's a bastard which Westeros has a million supply of plus High Garden and King's Landing is a long way away

Jewfreeus posted: »

most likely because he has a reputation across westeros plus him being the bastard of roose bolton

• edited May 2015

doesn't matter it's the fact the he is the warden of the north's bastard people knew jon snow belonged to ned stark, if it was just some random then yea i would not understand why people know him but it's the fact that he belongs to someone well known and it is very clear that word gets around in westeros people are not isolated from things that happen outside of where they live

He's a bastard which Westeros has a million supply of plus High Garden and King's Landing is a long way away

• Littlefingers hold over the Vale and the North relies on the cooperation of his two wards Sweetrobin and Sansa, they are his reward for years of backstabbing and scheming. To knowingly leave her with a sadist makes no sense and too big a gamble even for Littlefinger. I think its possible LF was telling the truth because Bolton only acknowledged Ramsay as his bastard a few years ago, he was considered dead by many when he disguised himself as Reek, plus Roose only legitimised him last season so he had no reason to care about Ramsay until now

Littlefinger knows Ramsay's reputation as well as his situation. The Boltons are in a situation where they are surrounded by everyone that w

• You're right about the swap with Reek. This confused me because he just revealed to the people at King's Landing (the most powerful people in the 7 kingdoms) that he's still alive. Shouldn't people be after him?

Littlefingers hold over the Vale and the North relies on the cooperation of his two wards Sweetrobin and Sansa, they are his reward for year

• True i think Lady Dustin brought this up in Dance, how there are northerners inside Winterfell who havent forgotten the way Ramsay treated Lady Hornwood over the dispute for her lands

You're right about the swap with Reek. This confused me because he just revealed to the people at King's Landing (the most powerful people in the 7 kingdoms) that he's still alive. Shouldn't people be after him?

• Littlefinger already plans to get rid of the Boltons. Why is he going to King's Landing? So that Cersei orders an attack on the Boltons.

Littlefingers hold over the Vale and the North relies on the cooperation of his two wards Sweetrobin and Sansa, they are his reward for year

• Perhaps, he seemed overly confident that Stannis' sellsword army would outnumber and defeat the Boltons at the battle for Winterfell. Something doesnt quite add up. Maybe Cersei is offering him Hand of the King, shes a terrible judge of character so that seems like something she'd do

Littlefinger already plans to get rid of the Boltons. Why is he going to King's Landing? So that Cersei orders an attack on the Boltons.

• Littlefinger knows that Stannis will fight the whitewalkers first, giving the Lannisters enough time to go to war against the Boltons. Things will be easy for Stannis since both the Lannisters and Boltons will be severely weakened. This would also mean that no one can blame him for the fall of the Lannisters and Boltons.

Perhaps, he seemed overly confident that Stannis' sellsword army would outnumber and defeat the Boltons at the battle for Winterfell. Someth

• I think people give LF too much credit. He doesn't know about the White Walkers, and based on the preview for next episode, it looks like Stannis will be leaving the wall to march on Winterfell

Littlefinger knows that Stannis will fight the whitewalkers first, giving the Lannisters enough time to go to war against the Boltons. Thing

• Ramsay has quite the reputation,bad one though and he is son of Roose Bolton,warden of the north. He is known for his brutality,I mean who enjoys more in torturing people than him. Skinning people is great way to make yourself a name and now that Boltons betrayed Starks,even those across narrow sea will know him.

LoseMyHome posted: »

I'm still catching up on the show and everything, but I'm guessing she knows him either though Roose or he might just have a reputation. I'm betting on the latter.

• The thing is though Littlefinger genuinely doesn't know about Ramsey, his nature is secret and Ramsey is only recently a Lord, it makes sense for Littlefinger to have little to no information on him.

• Ramsay doesn't have a reputation, only by those who know him. Littlefinger genuinely knows little to nothing about him as he is only recently a Lord, and not that special of a person. Only we, the viewer, Roose and Theon know how cruel he can be.

• At least someone agrees :D its entirely possible he's telling the truth for once. Hes already made one mistep by killing Lysa the way he did and having to rely on Sansa the bail him out, but it looks like he's getting increasingly sloppy and will probably probably crash and burn fairly soon. Probably in Kings Landing. For LF to risk going back into the lions den it must be an attractive offer, maybe Cersei plans on naming him Hand of the King and we know how that usually works out

Echopapa posted: »

The thing is though Littlefinger genuinely doesn't know about Ramsey, his nature is secret and Ramsey is only recently a Lord, it makes sense for Littlefinger to have little to no information on him.

• Or perhaps he just wanted to trigger Ramsay in to stepping up his atrocities.

Except for Littlefinger who knows nothing of Ramseys reputation apparently judging by his actions in recent episodes

• Not really true that.. In fact most of the major northern houses in the North remains loyal to the Boltons due to fear and previous good relations Eg. House Ryswell, Karstark, Dustin etc. There are plenty of houses that are against them, but most of the 'Starks' loyal bannermen got killed at the red wedding. The houses that really hates the Boltons are weak, except from the House Manderly who strangely enough hasn't even been included in the show..

• The Karstarks are distant relatives of the Starks, and therefore would claim that they are the rightful wardens of the North. The Ryswells are the cautious ones in the North. They can easily count how big of an army they have compared to the Boltons. Any attack on the Boltons would lead them to support the attackers of the Boltons. No one supports the Boltons except the Whitehills.

lindblom posted: »

Not really true that.. In fact most of the major northern houses in the North remains loyal to the Boltons due to fear and previous good rel

• Either that, or he's being entirely honest with Sansa and is going back as not to raise suspicions, as he is a Lannister "puppet" and wants to hide the fact Sansa is in his care. I believe he and Sansa have a level of understanding he's had with no one else, so confides in her a little. But of course with Robin in his care, he has the Vale in his pocket, and is working up to Sansa being in charge of the North and in his mind, gaining the North for himself as well.

At least someone agrees its entirely possible he's telling the truth for once. Hes already made one mistep by killing Lysa the way he did a

• House Karstark to lead an rebellion against the Boltons? In the books they are involved in the red wedding as well, so in a way they should have as much guilt as the Boltons. That house is in the middle of a conflict after the death of Rickard Karstark, his son Harrion is imprisoned by the lannisters which leaves his very young sister in charge. Her uncle wants Karhold for himself and his son. So they'll declare their loyalty to Stannis in order to provoke the Lannisters in to executing Harrion. They are secretly in league with the Boltons so they plan on betray Stannis and claim Karhold for themselves.

The most logical and illogical at the same time are the Karstarks hence that's my guess for major house. Though for the start of it my guess

Sign in to comment in this discussion.