Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned

Well, at least Gertraud and Alfred had a moment to themselves before hell went down. I like that you add the translations for the german parts. Cool that you know another language and adds something to the story, especially considering what is taking place.

I agree. Alfred is something else! I'd be screaming like a bitch if that happened to me but I guess this is another reason why he survived this long! I don't know what a Greifkommando, so I'm guessing these are the russians? (Sorry was terrible in history lol) Gertraud is a little spitfire, too! I love her jokes. :3

Chapter 21: Griefkommando. 28th, April, 1945. The noise was relentless: gunfire, explosions and air sirens, a constant physical barrage o

• Ruhe in Frieden, Ethan.....
    Alt text

Poor Peter. I will never (or at least I bloody well hope not) fathom such a rogue wave of emotions should I ever have to do that. That goodbye filled in some of the emptiness. Now we just need Carla to FUCKIN' DIE ALREADY-wait, that reminds me.

Please let Carla die, please let carla die......

pudding_pie posted: »

Earlier....Part 1 "Oh were, oh were could my baby be? The lord took her away from me. She's gone to heaven so I gotta be good so I can se

• There's always some catch when things go well! ;) We'll have to wait and see! :3

And so all is roses for that brief moment, and now this comes up. I wonder what Claire shall encounter along the way?

• Thanks man! I was always interested in Ride and to find out there was not a lot with her done in the comics was sad, so I figured I'd let her shine here :) She's trying to smile and she's starting to move on but it'll take a bit more time before she's really moved on.

That I can agree with as well, maybe his mom can help him out as well with that one. Things will get better soon :)

Her body is the only one that can hold the blood of Caine without being instantly burned alive. You are right to have your suspicions my good man.

I got everything unpacked and I got to sleep in :3 It might be stocking a shop, but I'm going to try and land a job where I live now in a bar as well, so I can work as a dishwasher and move up to a bartender! :) Thanks man! :D

Ride is precious and you are doing a wonderful job with her, especially for a character we know so little of. And the info we do know, well,

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned

Alt text

Fuck...so early in the fucking morning....why? I saw you crying as you wrote this and now I know why.....

That part with Ethan and Peter. It makes sense. All of it. I like how you uses the reference to the 5th episode and this was the only way to end it. And he became...a blue ladybug....crawls in corner to cry some more He saved his family from the curse. Fuck, pie. I'm going to kick your ass when you get home. No. I'm glad you're sick because of this, I'm crying. (JK love you)

That ending, too. God. I was broken when Emily and Ethan took their final walk and Vivian knowing he was dead.

At that moment, it was alright to say goodbye.

Jesus, man....RIP, Ethan Porgie. You were a good man. Now I understand what Dark meant in your last chapter and why Michelle has to learn the truth behind her powers. I have a feeling she's doing something with the teeth but now Ethan's.....and Erica. :'( I hope Carla fucking dies; I want Gren and Emily to fucking destroy this woman and show no mercy! >:( I don't care HOW.

Beautiful chap, pie. Fuck, man....

Earlier....Part 1 "Oh were, oh were could my baby be? The lord took her away from me. She's gone to heaven so I gotta be good so I can se

• I can speak some German, but not enough for in depth conversations (not for long ones anyway). I have a friend in school from Belgium who speaks just enough English to get by. I teach him my language and he teaches me his.

The Greifkommando were Germans; Mainly groups of fanatic civilians and displaced SS. They were formed towards the end of the war to catch percieved deserters (like Traudl and Al) and kill them to set an example for others, the example being 'fight against the red hoardes and die in the name of Germany and the Führer or cower within your homes and be brought onto the street and slaughtered for all to see'. These so called deserters were mostly young boys and elderly men.

Glad that you enjoy her sarcasm. Just the angle I was aiming for.

JJwolf posted: »

Well, at least Gertraud and Alfred had a moment to themselves before hell went down. I like that you add the translations for the german par

• And I shall do so in much anticipation, with popcorn and pasito at the ready XD.

Tetra posted: »

There's always some catch when things go well! We'll have to wait and see!

• edited May 2015

I am thinking of laying off writing for a couple of days so I can sort out what to do with the Cold War aspect of my story. This is just a warning in advance.

• Oh man talk about intense! Gertrauds sarcastic comments reminds me of me lol I never take a moment too serious XD

You do a fantastic job with the languages, and your historical accuracy as usual is phenomenal.

I look forward to more man!

Chapter 21: Griefkommando. 28th, April, 1945. The noise was relentless: gunfire, explosions and air sirens, a constant physical barrage o

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned

Can't wait to see the Cold War. You take all the time needed! :)

I am thinking of laying off writing for a couple of days so I can sort out what to do with the Cold War aspect of my story. This is just a warning in advance.

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned

None taken, dude. I appreciate honesty. If you are lost or need answers to your questions, ask me. :)

I shouldn't have italicized the word like that, sorry if my remark overall made you cringe. I won't post possible disrespectful comments either (let me know if I do). Regardless, I can't wait to see!

• Yup, she still manages to utter out sarcasm and jokes right after escaping execution and being shot.

Just don't trust Google translate. It always translates ihr as her, regardless of the context. Ihr means either her or you (plural) depending on the syntax and context.

Oh man talk about intense! Gertrauds sarcastic comments reminds me of me lol I never take a moment too serious XD You do a fantastic job with the languages, and your historical accuracy as usual is phenomenal. I look forward to more man!

• edited May 2015

I shouldn't have italicized the word like that, sorry if my remark overall made you cringe. :(

I won't post possible disrespectful comments either (let me know if I do). Regardless, I can't wait to see! :)

I can tell by the hint that it may have made you feel so. I promise nothing too out there will happen. But like I stated to the others, I un

• Oh dude...oh man, no more I can't take it anymore man! XD Ethan man, you are a brave man...and poor Peter :'( and then the blue fucking ladybug! Oh my gosh man that really hit me, it's like the blue butterfly from persona 3 :'( Emily...I really hope you give Carla hell! >:(

This was awesome man but too damn early in the morning for feels! XD (Joking of course) Brofist

• That's what the fruit is for :)

I've gone off cheese toastie's now so I just have 2 thick slices of toast with butter and marmite, that fills me up pretty good.

Believe me when I say that I really want t some Coke and Pizza right now, it isn't easy...

No lunch?

• No lunch?

HazzatheMan posted: »

I can't buy any junk food, and I am forcing myself to not overeat at home. My breakfast is a cheese toastie (2 slices of toast, buttered with a few slices of cheese in-between) and then just fruit if I really need to eat, then whatever dinner is

• Awesome you like her JJ :D She's trying her best to clear her mind and figure things out, Kieron and now Ride will be there to support her as well :3

Although she really is the key you are right, to come out of nowhere now and for them to bring it up? Something is certainly not right about this. ;)

I agree. Red Riding hood is in the comics but I like her here in your story. She's so loving and kind to her son. I too feel bad for Claire

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned

Damnit, more feels are on my way, huh? Fuck. If there is an award ceremony this year, I hope you and Pie get the category for 'Most feels ever'. XD

I knew something was not right! Too easy! Can't wait to see this. I have a feeling it has to do with Claire's dad but theory.

Awesome you like her JJ She's trying her best to clear her mind and figure things out, Kieron and now Ride will be there to support her as

• My, Kieron has quite a hot mom, if I do say so myself. ;) A very good 'unexpectation' with Hood being his guardian too. :P

Kier could've used her support earlier on, though...

Going into Hiding... Part: Two In the Fable hospital... Kieron woke up to hear someone sniffing like they were still crying and a woma

• Must be an abundant amount of fruit you eat then. XD

Sounds good, sounds good. In fact, it sounds scrumptious! XD

That's what the fruit is for I've gone off cheese toastie's now so I just have 2 thick slices of toast with butter and marmite, that fil

• Lol! I don't know man, I think you would have to be there too! XD

Oh that is interesting! I do love theories, and Claire's father may be dead here but in a new chapter of Kierons story, well I'll just say wonderland is a strange place :)

Damnit, more feels are on my way, huh? Fuck. If there is an award ceremony this year, I hope you and Pie get the category for 'Most feels ev

• Not really, I guess I starve myself a bit... Cuz I wake up late morning around 10am, I tend to do my exercise, have the toast, do something until I get peckish again, eat an orange, then usually I can wait until dinner, if not I'll have a small snack.

Ugh, I want junk food so bad :'(

Must be an abundant amount of fruit you eat then. XD Sounds good, sounds good. In fact, it sounds scrumptious! XD

• Jason and the Predator are not part of the original MKX. Instead, they're part of a separate dlc pack you have to buy if you want early access to them. XP

OMG no way! o.o I need to get this for myself now!!

• Is that Wolf's Rain? I've heard it was a pretty badass anime to watch. :D

MasterStone posted: »

This is like watching that one epic scene in a movie everyone wanted to see, incredible! I pictured Lyla and Crla fight like this:

• Yeah. lol

Is that Wolf's Rain? I've heard it was a pretty badass anime to watch.

• Agreed! I never see Ride anywhere so I figured eh what the heck XD

That is true, but she thought he was dead. Claire was the one who actually got Ride to meet him. :3

My, Kieron has quite a hot mom, if I do say so myself. A very good 'unexpectation' with Hood being his guardian too. :P Kier could've used her support earlier on, though...

• Now as we draw closer the the showdown with the vampire prince, I will enjoy the trials that Claire will have to endure. Hopefully some aren't as painful but, never the less. I think she can pull it off, Claire shall reign supreme.

Going into Hiding... Finale Kieron, Claire and Ride went walking through the streets of Fabletown... "So where do you guys want to go?

• It will be a grand one! :D Claire will take her spot on the throne :D

Now as we draw closer the the showdown with the vampire prince, I will enjoy the trials that Claire will have to endure. Hopefully some aren't as painful but, never the less. I think she can pull it off, Claire shall reign supreme.

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned

Robert nearly pulled his brother towards the Eggman diner. After a breakfast of poorly made eggs, hashbrowns and toast (still delicious, considering the burnt pieces of bread) Robert needed to see Frank. Hopefully there was still time to apologies for the night.

Gren wanted his brother to man up and see Frank. Hiding from the Fable was just as bad. This was Robert's time to make things right. To face his centuries of fear, take Frank's hand and start over. To Gren, his brother could do better Frank was not a bad looking guy and looked a hell of a lot better then Jersey but Gren pictured Robert dating someone....different. Gren pictured blondes for some reason or a geek with thick glasses. Or a skinny Fable that looked to Robert for protection in those meaty arms.

Gren had to stop thinking so much, for he nearly was driven into a light pole. Robert was too focused on getting there before the usual morning rush.

"ROBERT!" Gren almost collides into a group of mundies. "Will you fucking relax! WAIT! Fuck, you're going to pull my goddamn arm off!"

"It'll grow back!" Robert slides across the sidewalk. "Keep up, Gren!"

"I don't have a choice here, Robert! I mean, you're pulling me all the way from the fucking apartment to the diner!"

Laughing, Robert continues down the street. He felt so alive and refreshed after speaking to his brother. He was surprised by Gren's genuine feelings and the tender conversations they had. He did not judge Robert or hesitate to ask questions. This is what he wanted from Gren. To listen and ask and not be afraid. And the way his brother glared into his eyes reassured Robert nothing changed.

He felt foolish hiding from his brother and regret set in for keeping his life a secret. But things were different and now, Robert's world was open and everything was available to him. The diner was just ahead and around the corner. Crossing the street near the Woodlands, Gren nearly stumbles into the gutter.

Panting loudly, Robert presses his nose to the window and peeks in. Gren falls onto the sidewalk and takes a minute to catch his breath.

"God....damnit, Robert..." Gren rubs his wrist. "Fuck, look at....my damn wrist. Fingerprints. Red. Fuck, man!"

Robert scans the area and does not see Frank but a dfferent man in the back. "Huh. He's not here yeat. But, it's almost nine....."

"Maybe he....took today off. Or....shit, my hand...."

"No, I thought he was here today..." Robert looks around once more. "Here, stay right there. I'll be back."

"Fine." Gren waves his arm, taking out a cigarette. "I'll fucking be here. Hopefully still ALIVE, Robert!"

Robert ignores Gren, enters the diner and stares at the hostess. She grabs a menu, smiles and extends her right arm.

"Welcome to the Eggman diner. Table for one, sir?"

"Actually I just needed to ask you a question. You have a cook named Frank. Is he here today by any chance?"

"Oh Frankie just called ten minutes ago saying he's fallen ill and won't be in today. Is there something I can help you with or perhaps a message you'd like me to leave for him?"

"You wouldn't happen to know where he lives, do you? We're, um, old buddies and I was hoping to see him today and catch up."

"I'm sorry, sir. I do not know of his location."

"Know when he'll be back?"

"No sir."

Robert sighs, rubs his arm and smiles. "Well, thank you miss. I'll be in touch. Hopefully I can locate him..."

The hostess thanks Robert; the Fable exits the diner, finds Gren and the two venture back to the apartment. Gren, still smoking his cigarette, knew the meeting did not go over well. He'd ask Robert about it later. Wrapping his arm over Robert's shoulder, Gren tries to smile. Robert attempts but the crooked corners told a different story.

A broken heart.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,`

Afternoon

Lyla parked on the side of the building. Placing the vehicle into park, RJ leaves the car, waits at the end and searches through his ipod touch for a song. Lyla locks the car, grabs her purse and the two make their way up the flight of stairs.

"RJ, baby, get those out of your ears, please."

"Just one more song, mom? Please?"

"RJ Jackson Grendel, I told you to please take those out. Greet your father and uncle, give me a kiss and THEN you can listen to all the music, watch youtube and twitter all you'd like."

"I can't twitter on this thing, mom." RJ laughs, removing the earbuds. "Just music and videos."

Lyla knocks on the door. "I swear, you and your music. Do you have everything, RJ?"

"Yes mom. I double checked before we left the house."

The door opens and standing before the two is Gren. Beaming, he hugs RJ first; the two fist bump, do a quick thumb-war challenge and another final hug. Gren tuffles RJ's hair.

"Hey kiddo. Nice to see you. Dad is in the kitchen."

"Hey uncle Gren. Nice to see you smile!"

RJ runs inside, leaving Gren and Lyla behind. Gren holds the door open, lets Lyla inside and closes it.

"Ouch, that bad, huh?"

"He's noticed Gren. They all have. When are you going to divorce her, huh? I know she's my sister but....you live here the majority of time and the kids are picking up on your absence. This is not normal. Do you know Rosie asked me yesterday why her mommy and daddy never stay together but me and Georgie do?"

"I'm working on it, Lyla." His smile turns to a sour frown in seconds. "This fucking has not been easy on me."

"You need to leave, Gren. This is not healthy for any of you. She's my sister but look at you, too. The kids."

But sadly, this was not the time or place. Lyla knew in the end, it all came down to Gren and her sister. The subject changed once Robert and RJ returned to the living room; Gren huffed, took out his smokes and left for the back porch. RJ throws himself on the couch, continuing his youtube video.

Robert points to Gren. "The fuck just happened?"

"Carla and your stubborn ass brother, Robert. You need to talk to him about this."

Robert sighs. "I have already, Lyla. He won't listen to me, either. You see him-he fucking lives here now about 95% of the time!"

"Same with us, too. Got to the point were we consider him a member of the home, rather then a guest. Emily CRIES now because she does not want him to go. Can you believe that."

"Sadly, I do." Robert looks at his son. "So, does he have everything?"

"Said he did. His backpack is over there; he brought clothes, personal hygene products, that silly ipod of his....He has Football practice on Friday, so if you can't take him, call Georgie."

"I can do it. Off that day. Will you be there?"

"Of course." Lyla smiles. "Wouldn't miss it. Coach wants to make him Quarterback. He's a 'stone wall' according to th coach."

"That's my boy. Strong like his father."

"Oh and before I forget..." Lyla leans closer into Robert's ear. "You might want to talk to him about masturbation and all that. I, uh, caught him the other night by accident. Georgie sat with him, as did I but maybe hearing it from you will make this less awkward for him."

"Ah, got it. About that time. Grendel boys tend to hit it around this age. Difficult the first year but he'll be fine."

"I'm not worried." Lyla looks at her phone. "well, tell Gren I do apologies for that but he needs a wakeup call. Make sure RJ does his homework and easy with the tv and that opod. He can be latched on to it for hours if you're not careful."

"I promise, Captian." Robert salutes, as he walks Lyla to the door. "If I need anything, you'll be the first I call."

"Smiling, Lyla takes out her keys. "You look good, Robert. You're smiling and its nice. You look happy."

"I am happy, Lyla. Not a care in the world right now."

"That's good, Robert." Lyla places her sunglass over her eyes. "It's nice to see you happy for a change. Stay with it. It's a good look. BYE, baby! Mommy will call you later!"

Rj holds a thumbs up. "Okay. Bye mom. Love you."

"Be good to your dad and uncle Gren! I give them permission to whoop your little butt!"

"He'll be fine, Lyla. He's always so well behaved."

"I'll call later. See you Friday, Robert."

Blowing one final kiss, Lyla leaves to her car. Closing the door, the rush of emotions returned. He'd have to tell RJ now. He deserved to know. He was hoping his son would be willing to accept, like Gren was.

"RJ." Robert points to his ears. "I need to talk to you for a minute."

"Yeah dad.?" RJ takes both out. "What's up?"

"You hungry?"

"A little. I was gonna ask you if we could be Burger King or something."

"HEY, great idea. I could go for a Whopper with cheese. We need to talk about something important during lunch, okay?"

"Am I in trouble?"

"No son but its important, alright? Me, you and your uncle Gren need to sit down and have a family meeting."

"Alright..." RJ looked concerned. "Can we go now?"

"Sure kiddo. Let's go."

After waiting for Gren, the three make their way to the nearest Burger King. Robert's heart rapidly thumping, hoping his son would understand. All the while, his mind was on Frank....

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,`

Any questions, comments or liked something, leave it below!!!! Tired. So...tired!!! XD XD Another late night for me! LOVE this city!! :D

• I am more than impressed by the way you incorporate the language into this so beautifully. I only know two languages, English and Spanish. After reading this I've taking a liking to German language. Look's like it could be a difficult langue to learn.

Even after going through what just happened and dealing with such injuries Alfred and Gertuad still find the time to provide a little humor!

Also thanks for the note you left at the end, the more you know! :D

• edited May 2015

If one were going to learn German, one must make sure that one genuinely want to. It is grammatical mind-screw and, while not as complex as Norwegian, it is meant to be one of the harder Germanic languages to learn.

Alfred and Gertraud have grown to see humour in everything, even if it may be of bad taste.

I am more than impressed by the way you incorporate the language into this so beautifully. I only know two languages, English and Spanish.

• I think I know why I've been feeling so down lately (besides the lack of junk food)

Writer's Block

I've been trying to write Chapter 3 of the Vampire Challenge since last week, but since then I've mustered only 100 words. This sucks so bad, I even put all my other fics on hiatus until the Challenge is over so I can focus on it exclusively. I see other chapters get posted up and think I'm the worst writer on here (especially as I am on this forum everyday)...

-sigh- Fuck this.

• So Carla played them all like a damn fiddle. She's so bad... :[]

I wish there was another to do it, other than stabbing Ethan :/

Now he's in the underworld with his family, that's a good thing, but he had to say goodbye again :(

• Here I sit at two in the morning (I currently have have a very ingrown toenail and thus have no school. Its boring as hell).

I think you should seriously consider a break from writing altogether, if not to allow inspiration then to rest your mind and allow it to 'recharge'. I think you should give it a day or two. I have Writer's Blocks occasionally with my own story and leave it for a day, coming back the next with a fresh mindset.

I think I know why I've been feeling so down lately (besides the lack of junk food) Writer's Block I've been trying to write Chapter 3

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned

Having writer's block does not make you the worse one on here. This shit happens, dude. At least you put the other stories on hiatus until you can work on the challenge. What helps me is finding the source to your writer's block. If that does not help, force yourself. I'm not talking the challenge, either. Take one of those other stories and write. Or do a personal journal or write about your day. Anything to trigger the creative juices.

If that won't work, take the day to read, relax, go for a walk. Think of ideas while you workout, etc.

I think I know why I've been feeling so down lately (besides the lack of junk food) Writer's Block I've been trying to write Chapter 3

• This chapter is definitely a breath of fresh air after all the sad stuff! Although there is the matter of Frank. :( Don't worry Robert! I'm sure RJ will be perfectly fine with this little meeting and what you tell him! :D

This was awesome man! I look forward to more! :D Although I was not out late, lifting heavy boxes really tired me out as well, my shoulders and back still hurt from it XD Glad to hear you're having a fun time! :)

Robert nearly pulled his brother towards the Eggman diner. After a breakfast of poorly made eggs, hashbrowns and toast (still delicious, con

• I had a really bad ingrowing toenail once on my big right toe. The Doctor was gonna remove the entire nail and let it grow back naturally, but I went through an amount of pain with nail clippers to remove it myself, he looked at it afterwards, looked at me and said "Not bad" :P

Thing is though is that I haven't attempted to write anything for a few days now, and NOTHING... -sigh- This happens to me a lot, it's a reason why I considered giving up writing altogether, in a way I still think about it...

Here I sit at two in the morning (I currently have have a very ingrown toenail and thus have no school. Its boring as hell). I think you

• The others have highlighted very good points, I however am not that great on advice but I too think you should let your head recharge, and gain some inspiration ! :) By the way just because you don't post here doesn't mean you're the worst one here man!

• They may as well have been on hiatus already though :(

I think it's my Parent's constantly nagging me about everything that is just bringing me down and exhausting me:

• How I'm not learning to drive yet (I'm sending off my application tomorrow)
    • How my job is no so infrequent that I'm "wasting my life away on an extended holiday"

My Parent's want me to get on with my life, and they can be very forceful and direct about it. They want the best for me, but they push me so hard that I don't think they realise that this constant nagging and yelling is not just pushing me, it is also bringing me down :'(

Atm, nothing I do makes them feel any better about me. My Mum actually yelled at me "If you wanna go to Cali and be a bum then be my guest!" It hurts.

Having writer's block does not make you the worse one on here. This shit happens, dude. At least you put the other stories on hiatus until y

• It's difficult dude...

I feel like it cuz of the varying amounts of praise that other stories get. But whatever, I don't exactly right 'feels' in my stories anyways.

The others have highlighted very good points, I however am not that great on advice but I too think you should let your head recharge, and g

Sign in to comment in this discussion.