Speculation on being summoned to --------

A wild theory based on the 'next time in Game of Thrones...' at the end of Episode 3 and this screenshot of Episode 4;

Alt text

What if the reason you are being summoned to Highpoint is to discuss marriage to Gywn Whitehill? It looks like the determinant engagement to Eleana Glenmore is off in Episode 4 (she is shown when Lady Forrester says "...we have no allies"), and why else would Ludd Whitehill want a daughter present for discussions with the Forresters rather than his equivalent to Duncan/Royland? Is this what Gywn's 'peace' means when she speaks of it in her meeting with Rodrick? Ludd of course will just be trying to get his hands on more Forrester ironwood and/or further his claim on Ironrath. Additional speculation - it will be a marriage offer to Rodrick, not Asher, as Rodrick is the unmarried head of the House and therefore the logical choice for a proposal of marriage.

How would you react to such an offer? Over your dead body? Depending on the terms? Actually not a bad idea to secure some breathing room?

Comments

• edited May 2015

I don't think I would accept it, because

1. I was pretty attached to Elaena, so I don't think I could switch between betrothals so easily

2. I want to respect Gwyn, and I doubt she would really want to marry Rodrik except for securing peace

3. I also want to respect Asher because if he comes back with an army and sees Rodrik married to the girl he got exiled for that would make for a very awkward family reunion

• This is why I think that Ryon's status might be used as a carrot - or stick - depending on our reaction as Rodrick to Ludd's offer of 'alliance';
    "An unexpected meeting offers Rodrik a new opportunity to free Ironrath from its Whitehill stranglehold, but with young Ryon Forrester still held prisoner, his next moves are critical."

LoseMyHome posted: »

I don't think I would accept it, because * I was pretty attached to Elaena, so I don't think I could switch between betrothals so easil

• Aw dang you're right. I'm also playing Rodrik as a family man that would do almost anything for Ryon and Talia.... this might be a hard decision for me if it's true.

This is why I think that Ryon's status might be used as a carrot - or stick - depending on our reaction as Rodrick to Ludd's offer of 'allia

• I don't see Ludd doing this he gains nothing from this arrangement while Rodrik stands to gain quite a bit he gets peace and a claim on Highpoint if anything happens to Ludd and his sons plus if Ludd really wanted a marriage between the Forresters and Whitehills he could marry off Ryon to Gwyn (I know he's a child but I don't think it matters that much) Ryon is Ludd's ward he can legally have him marry Gwyn.

As to how I'd react I would be suspicious at first but I would accept.

• If this does happen, I'm sure you will be able to oppose it and everything but I still think you'll have to marry Gwyn because Ludd will probably threaten you, or you could say no and the little man is killed.

• I'd probably take it. Put everything at ease and give me time to rebuild. Plus, I could just murder them all at the wedding.

• Its not that much of a problem , Elaena can be his wife , gwyn can be a side babe , And Asher would probably marry beskha

Problem solved

LoseMyHome posted: »

I don't think I would accept it, because * I was pretty attached to Elaena, so I don't think I could switch between betrothals so easil

• I don't trust any of the Whitehills, not even Gwyn. If such an option came up, I'd turn it down. I like Elaena, and I hope she and Rodrick can be happy together. I secured the marriage by telling her it was her choice, and they're just so cute. Happiness doesn't last long on GoT, but one can hope.

• Question: if Gwyn is bethrothed to a Forrester, then if all the Forresters were to 'mysteriously disappear' then wouldn't House Forrester be passed onto the Whitehills?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.