Location of House Branfield

I always wondered where their seat is and how come they get a worse fate than the Tyrells for supporting the Targaryens

Comments

• They are (well, were) a southron house, meaning that they could come from any point south of the Neck. Since most of the minor lords faced little to no repercussions for supporting the Targaryens, this means that Branfields were likely nobles from either the Stormlands or the Crownlands themselves or even the Riverlands.

• I knew that they were southron, but I want the exact location.

Lingvort posted: »

They are (well, were) a southron house, meaning that they could come from any point south of the Neck. Since most of the minor lords faced l

• None is given, so it can only be speculative at the moment.

I knew that they were southron, but I want the exact location.

• My money is on them being Reachmen and very loyal bannermen to the Tyrells(their house seat was probably very close to Highgarden). Since Margaery took Mira as a handmaiden, it would make sense that her mother would have connection to the Tyrells somehow, otherwise why would she take an handmaiden from some super minor and unimportant northern house? especially since it was strongly implied that all of her handmaidens are her cousins of lesser branches of her family.

The way I think it went down, Lady Elisa probably brought up the guilt card with the Tyrells(her entire family was put to the sword because they followed them to war against Robert) and they agreed to let Mira be Margaery's handmaid or something like that

• It doesn't make much sense. Malcolm should be lord of something. I don't understand why would they lose their seat. I mean house Darry from Riverlands still has their seat and they fought to the death for Targaryens at Trident and smuggled Vyseris and Daenerys to Essos.

• IMO they are from the Crownlands near Kings Landing. Or from somewhere in the Reach, nearer to the Capitol city. This is just my gut assumption though, what with the family's obvious connections to both the Tyrells and the Ruling Targs.

• Don't want to bother this fine gentleman for minor stuff, but we might need @ArthurV to clarify the house's former location. Or at least give us a hint.

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni

Southron house's all I can say!

Lingvort posted: »

Don't want to bother this fine gentleman for minor stuff, but we might need @ArthurV to clarify the house's former location. Or at least give us a hint.

• Ah, well. Classified info, then.

ArthurV posted: »

Southron house's all I can say!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.