The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• @papai46

Welcome to the party!

Alt text

papai46 posted: »

Wait, you tag Golden but forgets about me?

• How does the name of the film mean it isn't feminist?

Movie is called Mad Max. Not so feminist to me.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited May 2015

Wait... wait just a fucking second.

Are they actually whining about rape in a TV show? I saw the words "trigger warning" and thought it's a fucking joke.

http://www.themarysue.com/we-will-no-longer-be-promoting-hbos-game-of-thrones/ The comments are the best. Hilarious.

• I'm not getting into a stupid argument. Notice 'to me' in my post. The title Mad Max does not give me the image of a strong female character. Therefore it's not so feminist to me.

Flog61 posted: »

How does the name of the film mean it isn't feminist?

• It's not iconic scars since that was really only in Dark Knight. Plus if the joker can cut off his own face he can get tattoos.

blueneon posted: »

I really do not like this tbh. The joker is insane, in this he just looks like a metal fan who thinks he has a name suddenly. I am dissapoin

• cheeky nandos today lads?

• edited May 2015

5am? That's insane, even I wouldn't do that lol. The only plus of morning shifts is that it's never that busy, where as lunch hour tends to be chaotic. I would think it would be pretty busy around that time for grocery stores as well.

It would be one thing if I was scheduled at that time, but randomly getting asked to come in at 5am on a day you're supposed to have off isn't very appealing. I probably should have given them a call back, but I just kind of passed out lol. But yeah, it can be a little busy around lunch time, though it's usually at it's worst when people get out of work around 4-5. All in all I think I would rather be a little busy opposed to being tired though.

I always feel bad for waiters/waitresses if I'm ever going out to eat around lunch. Friday nights/ Saturday nights look especially painful lol.

:D See? Good things do happen to good people haha.

Haha, well thanks Tinni. :)

lol I know, but it feels so much longer than that with all the tests and projects I've got to do. Words can't describe the joy I will feel once it's all over.XD

Well best of luck to you in your perseverance lol. It does feel pretty great to be done for the summer.. ;)

Tinni posted: »

All the time. I'm pretty much the go to person whenever someone doesn't show up or if extra help Same here. I tend to be the person

• gross ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ComingSoon posted: »

50 flavors of Gus

• I picked it

I was like "strawberry shortcake with poison in it bc cute af but feral"

At first I thought that didn't describe me at all but then I realized I'm eating strawberrys at this very moment so thanks

• banter???? in my nandos/?????

Talimancer posted: »

cheeky nandos today lads?

• ...I genuinely don't understand?

The title 'Gone Home' has nothing to do with women, but the game is feminist..so..yeah..

Also a film doesn't have to be centered around a strong woman for it to be feminist.

I'm not getting into a stupid argument. Notice 'to me' in my post. The title Mad Max does not give me the image of a strong female character. Therefore it's not so feminist to me.

• yes

pls remember i'm a 15 year old girl

Markd4547 posted: »

aw Is that you in your avatar :'3

• muah

At first I thought that didn't describe me at all but then I realized I'm eating strawberrys at this very moment so thanks

• edited May 2015

This is quite a good parody article of the meninists attacking Mad Max atm, made me laugh

http://jezebel.com/the-new-mad-max-film-is-so-feminist-my-scrotum-killed-i-1705273679

"MMFR led me to believe that the fire tornado in the trailer and the man’s name in the title meant that I wouldn’t have to listen to a woman talk. Wrong, and wrong. Charlize Theron talks SIGNIFICANTLY more than Tom Hardy. She’s in the middle of the poster. She fights. None of the hot sex slaves take their shirts off. THIS MOVIE IS MORE FEMINAZI THAN THE SHE-STAFFEL."

• edited May 2015

Yep. This is because women are expected to be emotionally submissive and men are expected to be emotionally dominant. So it ends up being shit for everyone. Women get hurt more than men, and men don't get listened to when they are hurt.

Society hurts everyone. Shame so few people are willing to accept that we implant sexism ideas about what being a man and a woman is, and even fewer are willing to fight against it.

Markd4547 posted: »

True

• [removed]

yes pls remember i'm a 15 year old girl

• Let the joke die. PLEASE

• edited May 2015

Trigger warnings are to help people with ptsd. Trigger warnings are not inherently a joke.

Trigger warnings for rape are very useful considering one in three women are raped during their lifetime and rape is one of the biggest causes of PTSD.

Trigger warnings for homophobia etc. aren't real trigger warnings.

I find it a bit depressing that someone warns rape victims that they are about to discuss it, and leave a link saying where they can seek help to overcome their PTSD, as signifying a joke.

If there were a video with flashing images, and it put a warning at the beginning of the video to warn people about said flashing images, so that people who are epileptic wouldn't view it and have a seizure, would you think the video was a joke?

AWESOMEO posted: »

Wait... wait just a fucking second. Are they actually whining about rape in a TV show? I saw the words "trigger warning" and thought it's a fucking joke.

• i agree (But im still giving the actor a chance) thats one of the reasons im making marks villain heath ledge...ish

blueneon posted: »

I really do not like this tbh. The joker is insane, in this he just looks like a metal fan who thinks he has a name suddenly. I am dissapoin

• Well, you certainly fooled me.

• skypie thumbs!!! >:'((( grr joke not funny but its ok skype group are all good and caring people we should all be nice to each other!!! :'D

Let the joke die. PLEASE

• omg holy shit lmao

TDMshadowCP posted: »

Not enough likes?

• YES OF COURSE i'm serious! :'D

Jesus, are you serious right now?

• Plz, you're not going to point out how inadequate i'm being?

ok

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited May 2015

Why would the mere mention of rape trigger PTSD?

I've never seen something like that in a TV show where rape scenes occurred, and it's not even a video, just an article with the word "rape" in it.

But my problem isn't with the trigger warning, more like with how the people in that article completely ignore the Dothraki rape scenes in season one, yet only start their banter when a beautiful white woman is raped. Where were they then?

Flog61 posted: »

Trigger warnings are to help people with ptsd. Trigger warnings are not inherently a joke. Trigger warnings for rape are very useful cons

• Jesus, are you serious right now?

skypie thumbs!!! >:'((( grr joke not funny but its ok skype group are all good and caring people we should all be nice to each other!!! :'D

• Et tu Brute?

Well, you certainly fooled me.

• Eugh, fine.

YES OF COURSE i'm serious! :'D

• [removed]

Plz, you're not going to point out how inadequate i'm being?

• ok papai

Well, i'm a lot of things... but a mocker is not one of them.

• Papai mah brothah! :'D

Eugh, fine.

• Well, i'm a lot of things... but a mocker is not one of them.

• papai I don't even think you know what your penis is used for

so I'm not scared about you being a rapist

I'm also not a rapist, but that fact is not of importance right now.

• edited May 2015

.-.

Papai mah brothah! :'D

• I'm also not a rapist, but that fact is not of importance right now.

ok papai

• Aw c'mon!

papai I don't even think you know what your penis is used for so I'm not scared about you being a rapist

• :'DDD

.-.

• 2hot4mi

sigh... What am I doing... Note: This was taken back in June.

• I'm pretty sure the all seeing eyes of Blind Sniper won't like this.

:'DDD

Sign in to comment in this discussion.