Glenmore Situation

In the trailer, Rodrik sees that Elena and her brother have arrived at Ironrath, with their royal guard. My question is that Elena says " something happened" when talking to Rodrik. : What could have happened between the Glenmores and the Whitehills that causes the Glenmores to want to take out Gryff so badly??

Comments

• I have a feeling it has to do with either the forests promised to the Glenmores or the death of the old Glenmore Lord, which would definitely do it.

• Or it's a trick somehow. All I'm saying is, I really hope it's legitimate; The Glenmores being on your side and that they actually want the Whitehills defeated for what they've done. So far from what Lady Forester said, they seem like an honorable house. So hopefully they're not prone to corruption by Lord Ludd.

• Maybe it will depend on if you got the marriage pact with them in episode 2?

Or it's a trick somehow. All I'm saying is, I really hope it's legitimate; The Glenmores being on your side and that they actually want the

• Now that's actually a good point. If you save the betrothal they are on your side, and if you didn't it's a trap. Speaking of, was it just me or was half the Ironwood forest a bit excessive?:P Why not a quarter or something, still be worth a fortune.

Maybe it will depend on if you got the marriage pact with them in episode 2?

• Its pretty safe to say that it was to make the deal harder to resist.

Now that's actually a good point. If you save the betrothal they are on your side, and if you didn't it's a trap. Speaking of, was it just me or was half the Ironwood forest a bit excessive?:P Why not a quarter or something, still be worth a fortune.

• Oh, completely. But even Rodrick's face was like," Wait...The hell did I just do?" Just seem's a bit much sense that's their livelihood.

A_Great_Guy posted: »

Its pretty safe to say that it was to make the deal harder to resist.

• Yeah I was really just curious as to why the Glenmores are all the sudden so eager to kill Gryff. Did the white hills threaten them because of their relationship with the forresters? I'd like to think they won't turn traitor because I agree from what've we've heard they are an honorable house

• Yeah, Im personally chalking it up to heat of the moment.
    Our boy's desperate for allies, and its made pretty clear he loves Elaena. Maybe he thought she wouldn't even consider anything less than half. Or more precisely, her father, who ultimately has final say in whether or not she marries Rodrik.
    Also half the Ironwood trees is kind off a small price to pay for the continued survival of the house.

Oh, completely. But even Rodrick's face was like," Wait...The hell did I just do?" Just seem's a bit much sense that's their livelihood.

• I guess it might determine if you won the betrothal or not, too. Hopefully Elaena won't betray us no matter what.

• edited June 2017

A_Great_Guy posted: »

Yeah, Im personally chalking it up to heat of the moment. Our boy's desperate for allies, and its made pretty clear he loves Elaena. Maybe

• Definitely. Half the Ironwood was a very high price to pay. I made the decision as a last ditch attempt to gain the betrothal and it was a heat of the moment choice.

Now that's actually a good point. If you save the betrothal they are on your side, and if you didn't it's a trap. Speaking of, was it just me or was half the Ironwood forest a bit excessive?:P Why not a quarter or something, still be worth a fortune.

• I'm hoping it'll all turn out good but it's game of thrones and also seems too good to be true so who knows.

• I saw this on another thread and I think it's likely - Lord Glenmore wants Gryff and Elaena to wed, and since neither Elaena or her brother want that to happen, he brings the Elite Guard to help Rodrik take out Gryff. That's what I think the "something happened" is

Sign in to comment in this discussion.