*EP 4 SPOILERS* Who do you think...

edited May 2015 in Game Of Thrones

is the traitor now, after playing episode 4? I feel like it's safe to rule Royland out since he kills Ludd in a choice at the dinner, even if it's ultimately one that you have to go back on.

I'm thinking it's Duncan as of now. Unless it actually /is/ the Maester despite the beating he took. Because if it is....well played, sir. Well played.

Comments

• Duncan. I dont think Gryff is an idiot to beat up his own spy. And Royland keeps trying to tell Rodrick to kill the Whitehills.

• I think its the maester. The reason based on this thin theory: When you enter the room at Ironrath hall, the maester saying: "My lord, I..." Gryff is not his lord, UNLESS he actually is! And why did he actually beat him? I didn't notice any injuried soldiers. Maybe some plan gone wrong? Some information about the Glenmores he "forgot" to tell Gryff? I stick to that theory.

• edited May 2015

I don't know if it's Duncan but if you take him with you to Highpoint he kills Whitehill if we decide to attack. Just as Royland it seems. Maybe Maester then? I think it's him or... maybe Glenmore's?

• Does he? Have you tried having Duncan kill Whitehill yourself? Because that very specifically seems like something that only Royland would do. I just find it hard to imagine our resident appeaser throwing an axe into a dude's face.

Anyways, it has to be someone on the small council. Gwyn specifically named a plan that only they were privy to. I've seen that Royland is perfectly willing to murder Whitehill on your order, and if Duncan is indeed willing to do the same, that only leaves two people who could be the spy.

Tewudin posted: »

I don't know if it's Duncan but if you take him with you to Highpoint he kills Whitehill if we decide to attack. Just as Royland it seems. Maybe Maester then? I think it's him or... maybe Glenmore's?

• edited May 2015
    RSLee posted: »

Does he? Have you tried having Duncan kill Whitehill yourself? Because that very specifically seems like something that only Royland would d

• He Said that to Rodrick not to Gryff

• I honestly don't think it's the Maester anymore, considering the number Gryff did on him, nor do I think it's Royland, he's way too loyal and way too anti-Whitehill. My number one suspect is Duncan, followed by Lady Forrester.

• It's the Maester. The beating was just an elaborate ruse to trick us into thinking it can't possibly be him by seeing him get beaten.

• edited May 2015

I maintain the theory that there is no traitor and Gwyn is a lieing cunt.

• Either this or Lady Forrester. She'll do anything to get her son back, even in shady dealings with Ludd.

• The way I see it if there is a traitor it is clearly a he. Rodrik says as much in the preview for episode 5.

• Well...I certainly felt paranoid when Gryff was beating the Maester. It really made me question who the traitor is...

• I don't think it's Duncan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWeOPUGpHp8

I honestly don't think it's the Maester anymore, considering the number Gryff did on him, nor do I think it's Royland, he's way too loyal and way too anti-Whitehill. My number one suspect is Duncan, followed by Lady Forrester.

• Then how'd she find out about the plan to either rescue Ryon or evict Gryff?

On the 'next time...' section Rodrick says "I can't believe I trusted him", so that rules out Lady Forrester. Duncan and Royland are both willing to kill Ludd and risk imminent death on your order, which pretty soundly rules both of them out. The maestar is the only candidate left, even though he gets a beating from Gryff. Unless it's something completely out of left field and rather than a traitor it's some other subterfuge (ravens being intercepted, maybe) and Gywn jumped to the wrong conclusion.

• Lady Forrester had all the ravens killed, and as soon as I heard her say that I thought, "except the one you put in a cage, somewhere".
    No one else has been as suspicious to me as that.

Also, Sylvie is pretty cool. And white.

• better not Royland... better not him...

• Of course he has the same last words as Robb :(

Alt text

MichaelBP posted: »

I don't think it's Duncan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWeOPUGpHp8

• I thought the 'I trusted him' was referring to Ludd. As far as Gwyn knowing your plan, there are only 2 options and I wouldn't put it past Telltale to have her correctly guess which you picked either way.

Then how'd she find out about the plan to either rescue Ryon or evict Gryff? On the 'next time...' section Rodrick says "I can't believe

• Great episode, I was a bit annoyed at the ending at first because it seemed as if everything I just negotiated was pointless but enjoyed seeing Ramsay again. I probably would be the only one saying that but I think that Ramsay showing up is a good thing. The Boltons are not dumb, they can tell that as of now House Forrester has the upper hand. The Whitehills plans are out in the open and the Forresters have powerful allies throughout the realm as well as hostages. The Boltons will back the Forresters simply for the Ironwood. That's my prediction.

• But Royland does the exact same thing, and it's not like that choice matters, you die no matter what, so I wouldn't make too much of it.

• I think Boltons will. What scares me - that I think Ramsay will make a show out of how powerful Warden is and how it's not best to mess with him and his Ironwood weapons. What scares me most, that I think I know why Whitehills so damn angry about Forresters rising - they got visited by Ramsay too, maybe he even killed\maimed someone from Ludd's family.

Great episode, I was a bit annoyed at the ending at first because it seemed as if everything I just negotiated was pointless but enjoyed see

• Actually Arthur killed Ludd in my playtheough not Royland. Though it still rules Royland out

• I don't think Katalept was referring to her skin colour.

• It's better with the Glenmores there.

• Yea in first place i think also that there is no traitor but now i think that she tells the truth and the Maester betrayed us and spying for Bolton...And Gryff don't know about it, that is why he beat him (i don't think that even lord whitehill know about who is the spy)

• If you bring Arthur, he and the archers will kill Ludd. If you don't, Royland or Duncan will.

Actually Arthur killed Ludd in my playtheough not Royland. Though it still rules Royland out

• Then what was Katelept reffering to

I don't think Katalept was referring to her skin colour.

• edited June 2015

The maester is Ludd's spy. Gryff probably doesn't even know there is a spy.

Poogers555 posted: »

Duncan. I dont think Gryff is an idiot to beat up his own spy. And Royland keeps trying to tell Rodrick to kill the Whitehills.

• Then how did she know Asher was coming back from Essos?

I thought the 'I trusted him' was referring to Ludd. As far as Gwyn knowing your plan, there are only 2 options and I wouldn't put it past Telltale to have her correctly guess which you picked either way.

• edited June 2015

That's why the writers had Gryff beat the maester up. To draw suspicion away from him and fool you into discounting him. I doubt Gryff even knows there's a spy working for Ludd.

They cut this line out for a reason: (no spoilers)
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s0CEpB5AXHlp

Maybe they're hoping by not referencing him at all, the players will forget the maester is a suspect and assume it's between Duncan and Royland.

I honestly don't think it's the Maester anymore, considering the number Gryff did on him, nor do I think it's Royland, he's way too loyal and way too anti-Whitehill. My number one suspect is Duncan, followed by Lady Forrester.

• Duncan also kills ludd if you tell him to

• I wouldn't like this part of the story if Duncan/Royland were the traitors unless it was done really well...

I still suspect Mommy Forrester...

And I'm not denying that Duncan might be the traitor but Duncan is one of my favs of the non-playable characters...

Off topic: I thought both Duncan and Royland looked badass in this scene:

So much Penis!

Off topic 2: I hope we get to see Duncan (and other characters) more in combat!

• Honestly, it's gotta be Mama F or Ortengryn. They've been way too busy hinting towards it being Royland and Duncan but, if it's either of them, the choice of sentinel would have a 'right or wrong'. Plus, it doesn't have to be the traitor they're talking about in the preview. For all we know, it could be Ludd breaking the hostage trade and killing Ryon in secret, with Gwyn sending Rodrik said secret info?

• Has anyone noticed in the "Next time on GoT" that Roderick says "I can't believe i trusted him" So logically it has to be a man so i'm honestly ruling out lady F. My money is on ortengryn and like the comments said before he probably to draw suspicion away had Gryff beat him up. In my choice compared to other peoples lets plays, during the scene where you can maim gryff, if your priority was to help the maester he sounds pretty desperate and beaten up while if you instead pick the option "take their weapons or kill anyone that moves" Lady F picks him up and he sounds pretty good and a bit suspicious..

• The reason Gryff beats up the maester was apprently because someone got a dog bite and he wasn't able to heal him.

• Asher has met Daenerys, he is never coming back from Essos. I don't know what you're talking about.

Then how did she know Asher was coming back from Essos?

• It was the soldier Talia bit in the last episode

Wolfeh posted: »

The reason Gryff beats up the maester was apprently because someone got a dog bite and he wasn't able to heal him.

• Duncan still seems to think he's coming back with an army of sellswords, as he mentioned at the council meeting in the grove, which is how Gwyn knew Asher was 'supposedly' coming back.

Asher has met Daenerys, he is never coming back from Essos. I don't know what you're talking about.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.