Episode 4: From 0-10 ?

So I didnt play it yet. What would you say how good was it compare to the other episodes?

Comments

• Well I've personally not been enjoying GoT as much as Tales, mainly cause of the whole choice impact thing.
    So 6.5. I think out of TWD, TWAU, GOT, TFB, GoT is the weakest.

• Wow srsly? I just played episode 1 and it was awesome O_O

kaza125 posted: »

Well I've personally not been enjoying GoT as much as Tales, mainly cause of the whole choice impact thing. So 6.5. I think out of TWD, TWAU, GOT, TFB, GoT is the weakest.

• 9.5 best episode yet.

• edited May 2015

It was my least favorite so far. Maybe a 3-4/10? I was that disappointed and underwhelmed by it.

E3 > E2 > E1 > E4.

• This episode is as bad as the sixth episode in season 5 of GOT.
    Anybody having this bug where there's no sound when people hit something, that really irritates me.
    And the way they portray Daenerys is laughable like they did with Margaery they should get some writers from the show to collaborate.
    Also jumping from scenes in like 1-2 minutes what's that all about

• edited May 2015

Definitely agree with it being the weakest series easily,but I thought episode 4 was pretty solid. About a 9/10 IMO

kaza125 posted: »

Well I've personally not been enjoying GoT as much as Tales, mainly cause of the whole choice impact thing. So 6.5. I think out of TWD, TWAU, GOT, TFB, GoT is the weakest.

• edited May 2015

I'd say about a 9/10, but just barely. Easily the best episode and the only episode I really really liked. (Episode 1 and Episode 2 were meh ok, Episode 3 was decent, and Episode 4 was really good.)

Overall my ratings for each episode so far would be:

Episode 1: 6.5/10

Episode 2: 7/10

Episode 3: 7.75/10

Episode 4: 9/10

• Nice, thanks ^-^

Legendary12 posted: »

about 2 hours

• Haven't played it yet either, but I want to know cause I'm curious, how is the length of the episode?

• about 2 hours

Green613 posted: »

Haven't played it yet either, but I want to know cause I'm curious, how is the length of the episode?

• edited May 2015

I'm surprised at how polarizing this episode has been. People seem to either love it or hate it.

I personally loved it, my second favorite episode behind episode 2. Dynamics are changing, plots are revealing, and drama is building. It was a step up I think from episode 3.

I'd give it a 9/10

• 3 hours.

Green613 posted: »

Nice, thanks ^-^

• How long was it? I'm on Steam and I don't get it for another 50 minutes.

Clemenem posted: »

9.5 best episode yet.

• Definitely the best episode so far in terms of story. Also, I had the feeling it was the longest one too.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It's about 2 hours long.

How long was it? I'm on Steam and I don't get it for another 50 minutes.

• I'd give it a 10/10 it's by far the best episode yet, with tense scenes, great fights and new things to change the plot.

• 9/10 + 0.5 just for this moment. Fastest choice I've ever made. Alt text

• edited May 2015

I was extremely disappointed to see Ramsay again. I don't want somebody we can't kill to be the antagonist. The ending was very anti-climactic and really just killed the tension I was feeling.

Overall, I'd say this series is turning out to be pretty disappointing. I think it's good, but I was honestly expecting the episodes to be much more satisfying to play for me.

• I still think Whitehill is the main villain, Ramsay is more secondary. Many thought Arvo was the villain of the last two Season 2 episodes (not me) and we're angered when the plot protected him.

I was extremely disappointed to see Ramsay again. I don't want somebody we can't kill to be the antagonist. The ending was very anti-climact

• I'd say it's an eight or a nine for me! Definitely loved the negotiation scene and how much screen-time Asher got. :)

• Id give it a 9/10

• True. I just don't like the idea of Ramsay making a reappearance. I hope he doesn't stay long next episode, I want to see original characters, not one that's already been beautifully developed.

Clemenem posted: »

I still think Whitehill is the main villain, Ramsay is more secondary. Many thought Arvo was the villain of the last two Season 2 episodes (not me) and we're angered when the plot protected him.

• First serious romance in a Telltale game, it was about time (Lee and Carley don't count).

• I actually the game in this sense because it does justice to the show and game meaning "Not everyone who does wrong will get exactly what they deserve" so Ramsay taunting Rodrik and the Forresters for killing Ethan reminds me of the way Roose Bolton and Walder Frey taunted the North and The Starks after The Red Wedding.

True. I just don't like the idea of Ramsay making a reappearance. I hope he doesn't stay long next episode, I want to see original characters, not one that's already been beautifully developed.

• 9.5/10, best episode of the series so far (although I did say the same thing about Episodes 2 and 3 when they came out).

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

8/10 yo.

• I agree. I expected Telltale to do more to make the game stand out. However it feels like a half baked TWD clone.

The choices do a lackluster job of creating the illusion of choice. The decisions feel too inconsequential (the choice of what to do with Whitehill when he has Ryon at High Point comes to mind). I don't know why Telltale has trouble designing choices at the same level as the choices of TWD Season One.

The politicking doesn't go anywhere either. Telltale starts this great plot of political intrigue only to drop it halfway or resolve it anticlimatically. It doesn't matter if you forge a letter to Eleana or not because she gives the Forresters the Glenmore soldiers either way. It doesn't matter if you stand up to Gryff or not because you imprison him next episode. It doesn't matter if you win the betrothal or not because you'll get the Glenmore soldiers anyway. Politicking is about making tough lasting decisions but this game just hasn't captured that. Its choices have about as much consequence as the choices in TWD Season Two. I thought Telltale was aware of Chekhov's Gun.

Above all this, I think it's time that Telltale designs some new mechanics. They have a quick time system as their combat system and that just makes all the combt feel like a drag. This is why I find Asher to be the most boring character. His story has too many flimsy quick time events.

Maybe Telltale will make a miracle happen and will somehow make all these decisions and quick time events mean something in the finale but at this point I'm doubtful.

I was extremely disappointed to see Ramsay again. I don't want somebody we can't kill to be the antagonist. The ending was very anti-climact

• edited May 2015

Five(why did it put a 1?). I felt my choices were more meaningless than they have ever been.

• edited May 2015

8/10 The episodes aren't flawless but they've at least been consistently good

• edited May 2015

9.5 out of 10, nearly perfect, again just technical issues in the way (every time I paused a line would be muted till it was finished :p). Practically every scene was so damn amazing, especially the one where you could beat Gryff's as- oops I mean face (doesn't help that his face looks like an ass (ba dum tiss)). Also when I heard Ramsay's voice I was like bruh, cause we're fucked now. SO GOOD SO GOOD GIMME MORE TELLTALE

I also have to say this might go down as my favorite Telltale episode yet, it was that good.

• Solid 8. Would've been an 8.5 if lines weren't cut off every time I paused (Seriously, what was up with that?)

• 9/10. I think its the best episode yet.

• I rate solid 8/10. I thought this was a fantastic episode, but we didn't really LEARN that much, did we? We don't even know who the traitor is, and now Ramsey is at Ironrath. I hope he didn't hurt Talia. :<

• 7/10. Episode was great but damn this game is getting pretty depressing. Thought I had a little edge then WHAM pretty much right back where I started.

• I would give it 10/10. Classy as fuck.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.