Duncan...

My thoughts are he is the traitor I don't like that it was easy for him to speak to Gwyn even when "she's not at the funeral" I don't like how it seems like he has his finger on the pulse at every turn and to be honest royland rules himself out with how straightforward he has been throughout. As for the maester I think him being beaten in ep4 puts him out of my radar for now, Duncan went behind Ethans back sent gared to the wall then tells gared to abandon the watch but it's ok don't worry you'll be a deserter could have your head cut off but who cares right? he knows too much guys I just don't trust him. Please your thoughts? help me out.

Comments

• If you bring Duncan with you at Highpoint without the Glenmores, he will kill Lord Whitehill with an axe if option [Attack] is chosen. So I don't think he's a traitor. Unless he's... ehm... triple agent?

• edited May 2015

In mine arthur and his men shot ludd in the face with a arrow Duncan did nothing but get stabbed in the chest and die that's what happened in mine. Royland is my sentinel maybe that's why it was different for me?

• It's clearly Maester Ortengryn. The writers had him get beaten up specifically to put you off the scent and it seems like they've succeeded in tricking you. He works for Ludd, not Gryff, so getting beaten up means nothing. Gryff probably doesn't even know his father has a spy at Ironrath at all. Duncan has made some questionable decisions, but those have all been for the sake of the plot, not because he's being nefarious. Both Royland and Duncan happily kill Ludd at Highpoint if you tell them to. The maester is the only option left.

• Also in mine he introduces elaena and arthur to rodrik while royland is showing him moves in a fight are we saying if the glenmore men are left at ironrath that They have nothing to do with everyone being gone?

JohnKersky posted: »

If you bring Duncan with you at Highpoint without the Glenmores, he will kill Lord Whitehill with an axe if option [Attack] is chosen. So I don't think he's a traitor. Unless he's... ehm... triple agent?

• It was different for you because you brought Glenmore's men with you to Highpoint. If you don't bring them either Royland or Duncan kill Ludd.

In mine arthur and his men shot ludd in the face with a arrow Duncan did nothing but get stabbed in the chest and die that's what happened in mine. Royland is my sentinel maybe that's why it was different for me?

• What are the maesters motives through it all what does he get from it I feel like it has to hit closer to home than the maester it's built up too much he's the obvious one because he was sent to ironrath didn't choose it why should he care also he took care of all of our wounds to the tee while gryff's man's hand was festering i.e. "he didn't take care of his hand" he made rodrik able to come back he helped gareds leg heal perfectly the maester is on our side. It will hurt more when we find out it's Duncan or royland or mom.

It's clearly Maester Ortengryn. The writers had him get beaten up specifically to put you off the scent and it seems like they've succeeded

• True. Your right. I still think it can't be the maester because it has to hurt more the maester has no tie or affiliation to us so he is the easy one to pick he really doesn't care whereas everyone else is so emotionally invested such as the mother royland and duncan. It would be a cop out if it's the maester I wouldn't care as much and thats not the goal of a game or a movie.

It was different for you because you brought Glenmore's men with you to Highpoint. If you don't bring them either Royland or Duncan kill Ludd.

• So basically Maester Ortengryn is Telltale's version of Grand Maester Pycelle?

It's clearly Maester Ortengryn. The writers had him get beaten up specifically to put you off the scent and it seems like they've succeeded

• And if they are with you at Highpoint, than who do? I don't think Ramsay came to Ironrath alone just to have a dinner with Talia and chat with Rodrik. Probably, the wrath of the Boltons is upon the Forresters and the Whitehills as Ludd said, and Snow is the person to deliver it. I guess some people at Ironrath (maybe, even Gryff and his garrison) are killed by Ramsay and his men.

Also in mine he introduces elaena and arthur to rodrik while royland is showing him moves in a fight are we saying if the glenmore men are left at ironrath that They have nothing to do with everyone being gone?

• What did pycell do? I dont like him and nobody does and hes not a good enough maester he couldnt help the mountain make a comeback. Mountains comeback=rodriks comeback.

So basically Maester Ortengryn is Telltale's version of Grand Maester Pycelle?

• There's a difference between secretly sending information to someone, and actively and maliciously sabotaging everything that is going on at Ironrath. Practically, the maester is on our side. He does his duty to the Forresters as a maester. He heals people when he can and looks after the ravens etc. That doesn't mean he isn't the spy. Did you consider perhaps Ludd is blackmailing him into sending information? Or threatening to hurt someone he cares about, if he doesn't? Is that enough of a motive for you?

What are the maesters motives through it all what does he get from it I feel like it has to hit closer to home than the maester it's built u

• when I took glenmore guards it was arthur and several other guards shooting ludd in the neck and face then arthur being immediately killed and everyone shot down and dead, and i think maybe bro, gryff might have been killed by ramsay I mean the bolton sent Britt to the wall for what he did seems like the bolton didn't have whitehills back. But ramsay killing gryff could be a possible way to unionize house whitehill and house forrester with a much bigger common enemy.

JohnKersky posted: »

And if they are with you at Highpoint, than who do? I don't think Ramsay came to Ironrath alone just to have a dinner with Talia and chat wi

• Well, it's a long swim to Cairo, but good luck to you.

True. Your right. I still think it can't be the maester because it has to hurt more the maester has no tie or affiliation to us so he is the

• I agree. Also, Lady Forrester and Talia talked about who could be the traitor between Duncan and Royland, that just make me think i was the maester.

• Just because Duncan is willing to kill Ludd, doesn't rule him out as the traitor, he could be feeding the Whitehills information because he has a long term plan or because he believes it's beneficial to House Forrester.

That being said, I believe the Maester is the traitor. But I would be lying if there were certain moments Duncan didn't come to mind. Royland and Lady Forrester are completely ruled out in my book.

• I just feel like we were fed to trust duncan all along hes the most "trusted" person in ironrath (the north grove) i feel like that gives the shock factor that's needed for the game duncan or lady forrester bring shock and I hope it isn't her. Maester to me is too easy of a target. I love this discussion though I do.

Just because Duncan is willing to kill Ludd, doesn't rule him out as the traitor, he could be feeding the Whitehills information because he

• It would be a shocker yes. But nonetheless, you have to rely on logic and tangible evidence. As shocking as it would be for Duncan to be the traitor, there are a million other things which point to his innocence. If TT decides to make him the traitor, and doesn't offer up some sort of background or underlying rational reasoning as to why it becomes bad writing.

I just feel like we were fed to trust duncan all along hes the most "trusted" person in ironrath (the north grove) i feel like that gives th

• edited May 2015

[removed]

What are the maesters motives through it all what does he get from it I feel like it has to hit closer to home than the maester it's built u

• I don't know who's the traitor anymore.. I can't think of a certain someone. Maybe Rodrik has a split personality xD

• I know the previews aren't accurate, but Rodrik does say "I can't believe I trusted him." in it. I was feeling Lady Forrester this entire time, but it appears to be the obvious choice in the Sentinels.

• It's the Maester.

• Ah, the little clues..they can be so enlightening, even when they don't see relevant at the time.
    Take our little talk at the Whitehill family-painting. We learn that Whitehill put family above all else. We learn that one son is dead. We also learn that another son works for the Boltons with whom the Whitehills seem to have a rather good relationship. And what else? Oh yeah, another son works at the Citadel.
    Such a small, small world.

• My theory is that the Maester is the son of Ludd. That way, it does "hit closer to home" and it is more of a plot twist.

• If the Whitehills have a son who's at the Citadel, that could tie them to Ortengryn.

• I am okay with that. But then did gryff know he was beating his older brothers ass? And they did say one brother was sent to the citadel right? One died one was with bolton and one was sent to the citadel. I think correct me if wrong.

Yaya1314 posted: »

My theory is that the Maester is the son of Ludd. That way, it does "hit closer to home" and it is more of a plot twist.

• I know it's crazy right and the fact that the maester and asher look a lot alike crazy weird right? Btw telltale can go anyway they want with this so small detail you think you know can be changed at the drop of a hat they have set everyone up as to not being trusted that's why it makes you think anyone is a suspect as its supposed to look that way.

• He could have been sent to Oldtown as a novice when Gryff was still in the womb. Notice how he's missing whenever Gwyn or Ludd were at Ironrath? Nothing conclusive, obviously but it's a pretty cool theory.

I am okay with that. But then did gryff know he was beating his older brothers ass? And they did say one brother was sent to the citadel right? One died one was with bolton and one was sent to the citadel. I think correct me if wrong.

• If my theory is right, I think Gryff did know whose ass he was beating. I see it as an act of revenge against his brother for teasing him when they were younger, as Gwyn had mentioned.

I am okay with that. But then did gryff know he was beating his older brothers ass? And they did say one brother was sent to the citadel right? One died one was with bolton and one was sent to the citadel. I think correct me if wrong.

• Everyone looks like they could be the traitor thats the way it has to look thats what makes this topic so interesting. Is it the mother did she have a bastard with ludd, was the bitter loyal man to house forrester upset about being passed over, is the maester a whitehill, maybe there is no traitor. But i'm making my choice as to who I think it is it may bite me or I may be right one thing is were all entitled to our opinion one things for sure is that the game is very good so far can't wait to see where it goes.

SoMuchSass posted: »

I don't know who's the traitor anymore.. I can't think of a certain someone. Maybe Rodrik has a split personality xD

• :D Yeah, in this episode it was hardly implied that the traitor is Duncan or Royland, but that still doesn't make any sense for me. I always thought that the traitor is the Maester, but I'm not sure anymore. Can't wait to find out who it is :D

Everyone looks like they could be the traitor thats the way it has to look thats what makes this topic so interesting. Is it the mother did

• edited May 2015

Pycelle was a spy for Tywin Lannister when Aerys II (the Mad King) was in charge. He let the Lannisters into the city during Robert's Rebellion, which led to the sack of King's Landing. He later served as a spy for Cersei and House Lannister in general (Tyrion being the exception) during Robert Baratheon and Joffrey's reign.

What did pycell do? I dont like him and nobody does and hes not a good enough maester he couldnt help the mountain make a comeback. Mountains comeback=rodriks comeback.

• Oh.. good idea. Gwyn did say one of her brothers was at the citadel.

Yaya1314 posted: »

My theory is that the Maester is the son of Ludd. That way, it does "hit closer to home" and it is more of a plot twist.

• Pycelle puts the Lannisters first. He betrayed the mad king in the hopes that Tywin would ascend the throne. He also let Jon Arryn die to cover up the Lannister incest.

What did pycell do? I dont like him and nobody does and hes not a good enough maester he couldnt help the mountain make a comeback. Mountains comeback=rodriks comeback.

• I don't really trust Duncan, but Lord Forrester trusted him with the North Grove. Just because of that, do you think we can still trust Duncan ?
    I brought the guards to Highpoint and nobody got killed.You guys don't know how much I wanted to kill Ludd. I begged for mercy and now I am trading Ludd's son for Ryon.
    So what is happening If I leave my guards at Ironrath? Will Ramsay still be able to enter it and everyone will be gone ?

• Yeah leaving the guards at home makes no difference. They'll all be gone and there'll be blood on the ground and obvious signs of a fight.

shirai46 posted: »

I don't really trust Duncan, but Lord Forrester trusted him with the North Grove. Just because of that, do you think we can still trust Dunc

• ok thx for the reply. I am kinda proud of myself lol. Did not make one thing I regret.

Sarson posted: »

Yeah leaving the guards at home makes no difference. They'll all be gone and there'll be blood on the ground and obvious signs of a fight.

• I don't think it is Royland or Duncan if you choos to attack they throw an axe in Ludd .They are also killed if there are soldiers with you .If one of them was traitor they wouldn't die in that option

• It rather appears to be maester.I can't believe I trusted him .It shows that it wasn't surprised.

I know the previews aren't accurate, but Rodrik does say "I can't believe I trusted him." in it. I was feeling Lady Forrester this entire time, but it appears to be the obvious choice in the Sentinels.

• He could be speaking of the proposed (trade) with ludd.

It rather appears to be maester.I can't believe I trusted him .It shows that it wasn't surprised.

• Your choices matter... But everything will happen anyway. Remember that.

shirai46 posted: »

ok thx for the reply. I am kinda proud of myself lol. Did not make one thing I regret.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.