Glitch in Meereen fight

During the scene where Asher has to climb the harpy statue to pull the axe out of its neck, the game keeps freaking out on me. Either Asher stops moving entirely and won't respond to the keyboard commands once he's near the axe, or he reaches the axe but the Meereen guard seems to teleport across the statue to light the beacon instantly.

Is anyone else getting this? Is it some kind of technical glitch? I've done it over 20 times at this stage and it always works out one of the two ways described above.

Comments

• I've looked at some Youtube LPs to see how it's supposed to work out, and it looks like the glitch in my game happens because the cutscene where Asher grabs the axe has been replaced by the cutscene where the guard lights the torch. That explains the "teleporting" thing.

Anyone knows how I can fix this? Is there something in the game files I can change to stop it from happening?

• It happened to me as well. Keep trying though and eventually it works out. Maybe it has to do with the exact time that you click on the axe as you climb, but it is possible to break free of the glitch without starting over.

• Got it working!

Storm_Lord is correct. Just as a heads-up to anyone else who encounters the glitch, I found the trick was to pause the game just as Asher reaches the axe. It seems to reset the glitch and makes the game work normally.

• I experienced a similar problem the first time. I guess I grabbed the ax too early, because I couldn't pick it up, the symbol went away, and I couldn't move up the thing, causing me to die. The second time I waited until I got closer to the ax and it worked.

• The only way I stopped the glitch (after doing that scene over like 10 times) was to use the up arrow instead of the W button. I don't know if it'll help anyone else, but it's worth a shot!

• This is what happened to me. I was raging a bit at having to start that over, but at least the checkpoint wasn't far from it.

I experienced a similar problem the first time. I guess I grabbed the ax too early, because I couldn't pick it up, the symbol went away, and

Sign in to comment in this discussion.